Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 09 2018 - 03:21 AM

pioujd428,

I had this in table form but the post unraveled the table.  I guess I need to learn how to take a picture of the table?

Roger

#32 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Feb 09 2018 - 04:13 AM

You can keep the table posting it in a code < >

#33 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted Feb 10 2018 - 10:22 AM

To all who are interested,

I updated my post #30 to include the target pole position times for the 60fps AI.  These data will be useful in trying to recreate a 60fps version of the 1967 Historical Mod.

This is truly a wonderful Mod ... thanks to all who participated in its creation.   It looks even better at 60fps and higher levels of screen resolution.

Roger

#34 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted Feb 13 2018 - 09:10 AM

This is part of my continuing series on the Mod by Mod conversion of GPL to a 60fps format.  Using the same process detailed in post #28, I reworked the 1967 SCGT MOD and the 8 tracks that use race specific car sets.

As with the other "non F1 Mods" this mod likes the 60fps AI v1 patch WITHOUT the AI patch that reduces cornering speeds by 10%.  If you have been following this thread ... that is the same result that was experienced in the 66 and 71 CAN AM Mods.  The GEM 2 AI setting centered on 1.07 (i.e. the mod is a little too fast even with the 60fps ai V1 patch.  Here are the tracks / pole positions / and delong_speed_adj_coef data:

<
1967 World Sport Car Championship/   
(GEM 2 AI set at 1.07)/
Track/ Actual Pole Position (in sec)/    Target Pole= +10% (in sec)/ delong_speed_adj_coef/                                                                                                                                              
1.  Daytona/   115/ 127/   0.9776/
2.  Sebring 67/   168/ 185/   0.9021/
3.  Monza 10K/ 174/ 191/ 1.0163/
4.  Spa 67/    216/   238/   0.8860/
5.  Targa Florio/    2232/ 2455/    0.9050/
6.  Nurburgring/    512/ 563/   0.9550/
7.  Bsarthe/   204/ 224/   0.9143/
8.  Brads Hatch 67/   96/ 106/    0.9750/

>
Since the AI are slowed down slightly at a GEM 2 setting of 1.07 (1.00 is normal; higher is slower), the need for the adjustments to driver aggression and alertness did not seem necessary.  If you do decide to adjust these driver attributes bear in mind that each of these 8 tracks has its own separate driverGT.ini (ii.e. you will have to adjust each track specific driverGT.ini separately; there are 8 of them).

If you run additional tracks, there is a general overall driverGT,ini for all tracks other than these 8.  This overall driverGT.ini already has the aggression indices set at 0.800 (as opposed to the general 1.000 range normally used).  If you feel the AI are still too aggressive you can set the alertness indices to 1.200 across all 19 AI drivers for additional prevention against AI crashes.

These 8 tracks had one of the larger spreads in delong_speed_adj_coef adjustment that I have experienced; namely 10% from low to high.  3 of the 10 tracks needed significant adjustments from the norm of 1.07.  I'm sure the developers of this excellent MOD adjusted these tracks at 36 fps, so the 60fps AI v1 Patch must be having a divergent effect on AI performance?  As you add additional tracks, keep this in mind .... you may have to reset the delong_speed_adj_coef (in the  trackGT,ini file) on the tracks you add.  The other settings suggested here should work for all new tracks.

If this post does not make sense to you, I suggest you reread my prior posts that describe the reasoning and processes behind these suggested adjustments ... still unsure, send me a question and I will attempt to explain further.

Hope this information helps ... more to come,

Roger

Edited by Roger_F, Feb 13 2018 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links