maddog

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 30 2014 - 05:51 AM

CAN-AM 71 Ai Fix   

It's been a long wait for a solution, to the unfriendly nature of Can-Am 71's Ai.  It was determined a cure for their misbehaving, was only possible one track at a time, at great effort, and with some gnashing of teeth.  As a result there's been little progress until now.

Are you tired of waiting?  I was tired of waiting, so I've come up with a fix, to get them racing in a friendly fashion, offline.  It's a simple cure all remedy, and requires you copy and paste a single file, into your main GPL folder.  This will overwrite the original, and affects only the CA71 Ai.

You should expect to see a big improvement in their raceability, with dynamics more in tune with the player, than on offer until now.  I've tuned relative performance according to actual Mod physics, rather than on precise historical laptimes, with results none-the-less, quite close to reality.

A variable is caused, by a speed limit imposed by unmodified track files.  I'm unable to penetrate this block - maximum speed remains low, but fun factor becomes high.  Testing suggests these cars should run, as happily as any other Mod, on a wide variety of tracks.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

INSTRUCTIONS : . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   Attached File  gp71CA.ini   24.9K   180 downloads

> > > > > > > > COPY/PASTE into your main Sierra\GPL folder, and go race!

Edited by maddog, Apr 30 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#2 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,042 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Apr 30 2014 - 07:26 AM

Thank you maddog.

#3 Superswede__

Superswede__

Ronnie Peterson

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,creating music, simracing and of course motorsport. Especially historic racing. F1,WEC,GT,DTM,BTCC,WTCC you name it.

Posted Apr 30 2014 - 08:27 AM

Thank you so much!! One question, does this work with the latest Road Atlanta track? :up:

#4 maddog

maddog

Graham Hill

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted Apr 30 2014 - 09:24 AM

This fix assumes all tracks to run on standard .lp files.  Custom .LCA's may finally, eventually arrive for all the 71 championship tracks.  These will allow maximum speed, but will not cure the Ai behaviour, which this fix does.  For the new roatla71 - Road Atlanta, to function correctly, put all .LCA's you find, in a folder within the track folder.  It may be possible to adapt the fix, to include the .LCA  speed max. at some time, in the future.

maxrace.lCA
minrace.lCA
pass1.lCA
pass2.lCA
race.lCA

Edited by maddog, Apr 30 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Philo

Philo

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Professional, rfactor2,

Posted May 01 2014 - 12:36 PM

As of now its quite frustrating how slow the AI is on the long straights. Will this be fixed inthe update?

#6 maddog

maddog

Graham Hill

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:31 PM

The Ai will continue to frustrate the faster drivers on the faster straights.  Mod specific files may provide the answer, but are currently available only to the addon team.  If adaptation to the fix is possible, it will cure only the few tracks that receive special attention.  There are currently no plans to include this fix in the addon.

#7 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 07:47 AM

Thanks, Maddog!  I just stumbled on to this and works fantastic.  I was able to have terrific races at Dundrod and Brno65 using it.  Had to adjust top speed at Brno, but other than that, it was plug and play. It also solved my slow AI at Road Atlanta 71.  Great job!
:up:

edit:  Not removing the .ICA files from Road Atlanta 71 when I installed the Historic mod was the reason my AI at RA71 didn't work right with the AI provided by the Historic mod.

Edited by dbell84, Jun 04 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#8 maddog

maddog

Graham Hill

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted Nov 05 2014 - 01:09 PM

This work has been updated and renamed.  You will find Maddog's Can-Am'71 Ai MAX here  :

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  http://srmz.net/inde...t=0#entry104985

Edited by maddog, Nov 06 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#9 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,053 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Nov 05 2014 - 08:34 PM

Where ?

Edited by davef, Nov 05 2014 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links