jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 12 2014 - 06:24 PM

exactly .... GTdrive the only place on the track you choose
the numbers of cars will not replace the original .

but it is always advisable to backup the folder carsgt.

#17 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Rugby
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 01:44 PM

thanks jonny'o, nice to have some different liveries and have madeup a season ini file for some South American tracks to try them on.

#18 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 04:14 PM

great idea ... let a file here for everyone !!! :cheers:

#19 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Apr 05 2015 - 12:49 PM

Hi jonny'o.
Thanks for this amazing carset. Could you do a player carskin ? All the AI cars have those beautiful liveries and the player car is the same as in the sports car mod, with no sponsor and single color. But nevertheless, thank you very much for this amazing carset.

#20 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted Apr 08 2015 - 04:53 PM

Yes Chris, I can make a carset own for the player offline.

In a few days I will leave here an update.

#21 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 11:11 AM

That´s great jonny'o. Have you got photos of the Brazilian driver Pedro Victor Delamare car? The blue Chevrolet Opala sponsored by Eletroradiobras ? It could be a incredible Porsche for the player.
And also, What you did with the Angi Munhoz Porsche headlight, you should do with all the others. Because, as they only race in day light, they didn´t carry head lights in order to avoid the extra weight. Anyway thanks to this incredible carset that includes my (real) racing teacher Artur Bragantini. Back in 1978 I went to his formula Vee racing school !!!

#22 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 03:45 PM

hum .... if you see Division 4 I made for the CanAm ..... will get sick ... heheheh

but explain better this story of Arthur Bragantini ........ I had the honor to meet him a few years at Interlagos in a championship event Paulista ..... you lived or live in Brazil ???

Attached Files

Edited by jonny'o, Apr 09 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#23 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 05:48 PM

WOW !!!....this divisão 4 is really wonderful !!!!......
Well ...the story is like this: I was born in São Paulo. My father was a Greek diplomat, and he met my mother (who is Brazilian but her grandparents came from Holland ) in Brazil while working for the Greek Government. Me and my brother were born in SP. Then my father was moved back to Europe and we went along with him. But as we have a huge number of relatives in Brazil, I kept
coming and going for a long period of time. In 1975 ( I was 16 years old) I decided to Race go karts and joined the Campeonato Paulista de Kart in the same class with Ayrton Senna. ( yes, I was in the same races with Senna for one whole year and I used to hate him). In 1978 I decided to move to car race and joined the Escola de Pilotagem Interlagos were Bragantini was the professor. I really liked him, he was a very good professor and a hell of a racing driver. He was racing F Ford at that time. The school also had several F Vee to rent and I got a sponsorship and rented one of them.. That´s when I had my worse accident. I crash the F Vee during a weekday test at the Curva do Pinheirinho (Interlagos) and I got trapped inside the car soaking in petrol for some 40 minutes.
But this didn´t make me quit motor racing. Quite the opposite. I moved to F Ford and then in 1980 I went to England and did the Jim Russell Racing Drivers School in Snetterton. I kept racing until 1983 . By this time I was already married and my wife didn´t approve my racing career ( although her father was one of my sponsors). Then, still living in England I decided to have a go in the other thing that I really love which is playing guitar in a Rock´n´Roll band. And I joined one of the most influential English punk rock band called Cock Sparrer. So I had to miss the mixing of my first album because I had to do my final race at Brands Hatch on the same weekend.....So, that´s it....that was my racing driver career....the rest it´s only rock´n´roll but I like it !!!!
By the way, now I´m 56 years old, I´m back in São Paulo and live five blocks away from the Interlagos circuit.

#24 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 06:32 PM

Sensational ....... then join us the "Clandestines Trophy" !!!!
http://gpl-clandesti...hy.webnode.com/

in IGOR -
chat :  gplbrasil
pass chat:  gplbr

use custom carset the races
but is only allowed real teams ..... but idependentes teams of F1 or idependentes teams that has real and important history in motorsport.

Rob Walker
Coyote (USAC)
John Wyer (GULF)
B.R.P
Stebro
Scuderia centro sud
shannon
ecurie belge
pearce
Ecurie Maarsbergen
winkelmann
and....more!

I hope to go soon to Sao Paulo, at some speed São Paulo even.

#25 Iestyn16

Iestyn16

Tom Pryce

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 07:37 PM

Wow, quite a story Chris! You have raced Senna (and hated him :D), also crashed a Formula Vee at Pinheirinho! That was driving the old layout?

5 blocks from Interlagos eh.. :think: :luck: :cheers: :shhh:

#26 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostIestyn16, on Apr 09 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Wow, quite a story Chris! You have raced Senna (and hated him :D), also crashed a Formula Vee at Pinheirinho! That was driving the old layout?

+1

Chris,

I enjoyed reading your very interesting backround. And I found this searching around. :woohoo2:
https://www.youtube....h?v=DPS_94qgU_A

Cheers ! :)

Edited by davef, Apr 09 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#27 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted Apr 09 2015 - 09:24 PM

:band: :hippo1:

#28 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Apr 10 2015 - 03:09 PM

View Postjonny, on Apr 09 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Sensational ....... then join us the "Clandestines Trophy" !!!!
http://gpl-clandesti...hy.webnode.com/

in IGOR -
chat :  gplbrasil
pass chat:  gplbr

use custom carset the races
but is only allowed real teams ..... but idependentes teams of F1 or idependentes teams that has real and important history in motorsport.

Rob Walker
Coyote (USAC)
John Wyer (GULF)
B.R.P
Stebro
Scuderia centro sud
shannon
ecurie belge
pearce
Ecurie Maarsbergen
winkelmann
and....more!

I hope to go soon to Sao Paulo, at some speed São Paulo even.

Thanks for the invitation jonny. I´ll try to join you in your online races. If you come to SP, give me a notice here and maybe we can meet at Interlagos.

#29 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Apr 10 2015 - 03:30 PM

Hi lestin.
It wasn´t only me who hated Senna. It was all the other 35 drivers from the same class. He was so faster than all of us, that we really couldn´t help but hate him. I saw he winning a race without the accelerator pedal. The steel wire that connects the pedal to the carburetor broke and he found a way to accelerate using his hand direct on the carburetor and won the bloody race. And he also won a race with his brake pedal dragging on the track. He won the race with no brakes !  But I can tell you that he was very dirty while racing. He used to throw his kart over the opposition just to make us  got out of the way. And I saw him going down the main straight kicking Mario Sergio Carvalho ( the only real opposition he had) to put him out. Nevertheless, we all knew he was going to go places in motor racing. He was far better even than the big guys from the pro class which included Chico Serra and Walter Travaglini. The pro class used Italian Parilla engines and Japanese Bridgestone tyres and we used Brazilian Riomar engines and Pirelli tyres and he was faster than the pros. And, yes, when I had my F Vee accident we were still racing the old Interlagos layout. I never drove in the new layout which I really hated.

#30 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Apr 10 2015 - 03:31 PM

View Postdavef, on Apr 09 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

+1

Chris,

I enjoyed reading your very interesting backround. And I found this searching around. :woohoo2:
https://www.youtube....h?v=DPS_94qgU_A

Cheers ! :)
Thanks Dave. I will try to find an MTV clip with my grunge band from the 90´s and post it here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links