To the administrators, please erase all my first post (of this thread) attachments including the .zip file and point to this post for people to download my latest update. Please DON'T make this the first post of the thread, just erase the content of the first one and leave a link to this. Thank you!!
Well, it is time for release
First of all, I must thank again the original creators of these mips. Without their original work, we won't have this today. Thanks for making these and allowing me to use them in my work!
Thanks also to TvO for all the help he costantly provides everytime I work on something. I must add also a sincere thank to G.Spinning and Gliebzeit to all the support and massive feedback they gave me, which helped quite a lot in finalising this work. Gliebzeit also provided me with a corrected steering wheel, allowing me to publicly release it.
Now, about this update:
my first release was not that bad but, looking at pictures from 1967, was almost completely wrong. Plus, many things could be done better. With this second release, I hope to reach a higher standard level, both in realism and cosmetic.
As you may see from pictures posted in this thread http://srmz.net/inde...opic=10531&st=0
, in particular those uploaded by G.Spinning and Remy, the Ferrari 312 had black leather interior sidewalls and different gauges disposition from both my original work and what the GPLEA team delivered to us many years ago. The shifter also had a different style from the one used from 1968 on which most of us currently have in their '67 312. Moreover, there was no red rpm limiter.
So, in this update, I tried to fix all these things to give you, starting from what we already have, the best possible solution for a realistic Ferrari cockpit. Of course, and I hope it will be done one day, a scratch made work will always be better than mine, which is a re-work of other people stuff, but for now, while we wait for it, mine tries to fill this gap.
This work took quite some time, so if you like it, please consider leaving a "thank you"
Well, go ahead and try it
Ferrari 312 48v Leon's Cockpit v3.0.7z 1.7MB
- changed internal mirrors texture (original creator - Sky; modified by me)
- changed interior sidewalls from red cloth fabric to black leather (original creator - Rock and F2 mod team; modified by me)
- changed shifter for better realism (original creator - F1 '65 Mod team; no modifications done)
- modified dash in order to eliminate orange and red lights, chalk writings and side bolts which were not in the 312 cockpit, plus correctly disposed the elements which were on it (original creator - Rock; modified by me)
- turned upside down the fuel ignition switch on the right which was in the wrong position and added an "off" and a "Lucas" red tape writing
next to it;
- modified gauges to re-create their original and correct disposition: oil manometre on the left with red needle, oil and water temperature gauge on the right with red needle for the oil temp and white for the water one. All gauges and needles work correctly and display what they should, so don't worry about reading wrong info, you won't
- plus, all gauges have been tweaked in contrast, colors and luminosity to better represent the real ones;
- modified glass to have it correctly placed as it was in the 48v 312 model (original creator - original 1969 mod team; modified by me)
- added a new steering wheel for better realism (original creators - Silence and Greg; modified by Gliebzeit)
- modified front suspension arms for better realism (original creators - GPLEA team; modified by me)
- added silver shift for better realism (original creator - Sky; no modifications done)
- added realistic rpm needle (original creator - Sky, modified by me and included in the 3do by Ginetto)
COMPARISON AND PREVIEW
Edited by leon_90, Mar 28 2015 - 12:57 PM.