Jump to content


* * * * * 3 votes

Non Championship Historical Carsets Updated


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

    Gianfranco

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Interests:many
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 11 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thank you very much, Chris. I will update my GPL67 installation with your  non championship carsets. Terrific  research job! :clap2:

Edited by G.Spinning, Oct 11 2013 - 03:19 PM.


#17 PHI52

PHI52

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VAL DE MEUSE (France)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2013 - 03:48 AM

Many Thanks :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:  :bravo:

#18 sirafe

sirafe

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted Oct 12 2013 - 09:33 AM

-Thank you for your contribution and dedication :bowdown2: :up:

#19 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thank you Chris for all of these great carsets & updates ! :up:

Also thank you for including my Syracuse version, updated ( with fog ) in your install. :D

#20 Irridux

Irridux

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rome

Posted Oct 13 2013 - 03:33 PM

Many, many Thanks Chris for these marvelous updates!

Irridux :wave:

Edited by Irridux, Oct 15 2013 - 08:40 AM.


#21 GORDON_S

GORDON_S

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Old Europe
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 13 2013 - 03:43 PM

Thanks a lot, Chris, for these updates. :bravo:

You know, how much I appreciate your work.

Gordon

#22 DuncanS

DuncanS

    Jochen Mass

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Swanage-Dorset-UK
  • Interests:Music & Light!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 18 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi Chris,

I'm only just starting to find all these new historical addons for the 1967 series as well as the other years, 65, 66 & 69. Wonderful work and no doubt taking a lot of time to research and create and as others have said, something which many of us GPLers have always hoped to see one day. So great to see all the correct liveries and models used for each of the races and I am also a personal fan of the non championship races, particularly the for the lesser known or underutilized tracks. Thanks very much for this work.

I have been having a look in my Jarama folder and have a few non-championship photos you may not have seen and attach them here just in case. I'll see if I have any others for the remaining 67 non championship races as well. If you ever get the desire to continue any more non championship sets I'm sure they would be much enjoyed too.

#23 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Oct 18 2013 - 10:04 AM

The first one with Siffert in the BMW made me chuckle, looks like some kind of photobomb avant-la-lettre :P

#24 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 18 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated. If anyone wants to use or change anything that I have put together feel free to do so.

Can someone who knows how to fix the ai please stop the ai running into the wall at Syracuse before the first hairpin?

DuncanS I haven't seen those first 2 photos before and while I must say I have seen photos of those cars, they have renewed my interest a little bit. Seeing new photos always seems to give me hope of finding more. Thanks for posting them.

While I am always looking for photos that I haven't seen, these are the cars that I have absolutely nothing on at Jarama:

Alan Rees Brabham BT23
Brian Redman Lola T100
Chris Lambert Brabham BT23
Alan Rollinson McLaren M4A
Robs Lamplough Brabham BT21

I am now going to take another look at Jarama and I would like to know some peoples opinion on whether I should run it off the F2 mod.

I will probably always have the desire to finish Jarama off it's just time and finding photos from the race that is the problem.

Edited by pioujd428, Oct 18 2013 - 11:23 PM.


#25 DuncanS

DuncanS

    Jochen Mass

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Swanage-Dorset-UK
  • Interests:Music & Light!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 19 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostTvO, on Oct 18 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

The first one with Siffert in the BMW made me chuckle, looks like some kind of photobomb avant-la-lettre :P

Have to agree, lol, those questioning faces of the mechanics and especially de Adamich whose look seems quite bemused like - who do you think you're fooling mate, I've got an F1 car - are quite a contrast to Jo's full on enthusiasm, I'm ready to do battle, thumbs up. Not sure what you mean by the 'avant-la-lettre' though, maybe you could explain?

View Postpioujd428, on Oct 18 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

..
DuncanS I haven't seen those first 2 photos before and while I must say I have seen photos of those cars, they have renewed my interest a little bit. Seeing new photos always seems to give me hope of finding more. Thanks for posting them.

While I am always looking for photos that I haven't seen, these are the cars that I have absolutely nothing on at Jarama:

Alan Rees Brabham BT23
Brian Redman Lola T100
Chris Lambert Brabham BT23
Alan Rollinson McLaren M4A
Robs Lamplough Brabham BT21

I am now going to take another look at Jarama and I would like to know some peoples opinion on whether I should run it off the F2 mod.

I can't help with photos for those outstanding Jarama '67 non championship cars Chris sorry, but understand the dilemma with which mod to use for the carset if you continue this race set. Having had a think about it, as this was an F1 race and is from the original 67 papy year maybe the best way is still to go with the original physics & 7 carslots? The best thing of course would be to have a new 67mod, certainly something I would support and be in favour of now after all of these years.

If you did create it with the '67 cars / slots / physics, you could have:
slot1 Lotus 49s - lotus
slot2 Brabham BT19 - brabham
slot3 Ferrari 312 - ferrari

that then leaves choices for the others, looking at the entry list a possible suggestion would be
slot4 Matra ms7s (to include the skins for the 3 other ms5's of Schlesser, Servoz-Gavin & Ickx) - eagle
slot5 Lola T100s - honda
slot6 Brabham BT21s (to include a skin for the BT23 of Alan Rees) - brm
slot7, Mclaren M4A - cooper

See what you think? Here's the entry list which you no doubt know about.
Pos N° Driver   Team Constructor Engine   Lap
1    1 Jim CLARK Team Lotus Lotus 49 Ford Cosworth V8 60
2    2 Graham HILL Team Lotus Lotus 49 Ford Cosworth V8 60
3   3 Jack BRABHAM Brabham Racing Organisation Brabham BT19 Repco V8 60
4   18 Johnny SERVOZ-GAVIN Matra Sports Matra MS5 Ford L 4 59
5 12 Jo SCHLESSER Matra Sports Matra MS5 Ford L 4 59
6   4 Jacky ICKX Tyrrell Racing Organisation Matra MS5 Ford L 4 59
7   16 Henri PESCAROLO Matra Sports Matra MS7 Ford L 4 58
8   6 Brian REDMAN David Bridges Lola T100 Ford L 4 58
9 15 Andrea De ADAMICH Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 312 Ferrari V12 58
10   19 Jean-Pierre BELTOISE Matra Sports Matra MS7 Ford L 4 58
11   10 Alan REES Roy Winkelmann Racing Brabham BT23 Ford L 4 57
12 7 Chris LAMBERT McKechnie Racing Brabham BT21 Ford L 4 57
ab 8 Jo SIFFERT BMW Lola T100 BMW L4 45 Engine
ab 5 Jackie STEWART Tyrrell Racing Organisation Matra MS7 Ford L 4 42 Accident
ab 9 Hubert HAHNE BMW Lola T100 BMW L4 33 Engine
ab    11 Alan ROLLINSON Frank Lythgoe Racing McLaren M4A Ford L 4 7 Brakes
ab    14 Robert LAMPLOUGH Franck Manning Racing Brabham BT21 Ford L 4 1 Gearbox

Finally, just a couple of photos from the non championship syracuse race of 1967, there is also one single photo on the LAT archive in colour http://www.latphoto....t=600&width=720.

Attached Files


Edited by DuncanS, Oct 19 2013 - 05:52 AM.


#26 DuncanS

DuncanS

    Jochen Mass

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Swanage-Dorset-UK
  • Interests:Music & Light!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 19 2013 - 07:28 AM

Here are my Silverstone International Trophy photos. Not sure where they came from, some may be from MNeedforspeed, I'm not sure. Jo Bonnier's Cooper has the no.8 for some reason, he is listed as being no.14, so not sure on this photo.

#27 deegee

deegee

    ...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derbyshire, UK
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 19 2013 - 08:10 AM

I agree with Duncan - the more appropriate place for Jarama 67 would, in my opinion, be in the original 67s rather than in the F2 mod. It was, after all, a race which, although contested by several F2 cars, was open to F1s (like the Oulton Park Spring and Gold Cups).

I have just trawled through Aerogi's picture archives - nothing new for Jarama 67, unfortunately :( . Will nevertheless keep looking elsewhere (as I will also keep looking for the Jarama 68 programme - similarly elusive).

Perhaps, in the absence of any further definitive photographic evidence (or until some turns up) you might consider releasing as a "work in progress" based on what we know already, although I can imagine that as someone who takes great pride in "getting it right" this might not be acceptable to you...?

#28 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Oct 19 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Oct 18 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated. If anyone wants to use or change anything that I have put together feel free to do so.

Can someone who knows how to fix the ai please stop the ai running into the wall at Syracuse before the first hairpin?

DuncanS I haven't seen those first 2 photos before and while I must say I have seen photos of those cars, they have renewed my interest a little bit. Seeing new photos always seems to give me hope of finding more. Thanks for posting them.

While I am always looking for photos that I haven't seen, these are the cars that I have absolutely nothing on at Jarama:

Alan Rees Brabham BT23
Brian Redman Lola T100
Chris Lambert Brabham BT23
Alan Rollinson McLaren M4A
Robs Lamplough Brabham BT21

I am now going to take another look at Jarama and I would like to know some peoples opinion on whether I should run it off the F2 mod.

I will probably always have the desire to finish Jarama off it's just time and finding photos from the race that is the problem.

When I have more time (probably Monday) I'll show some pics how the cars should look like. I'm not sure if all pictures I have are from Jarama, but I certainly have information on what colors the cars should be. In fact, if I'm not mistaken I've already made the textures :D . I'll have a look.

View PostDuncanS, on Oct 19 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

View PostTvO, on Oct 18 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

The first one with Siffert in the BMW made me chuckle, looks like some kind of photobomb avant-la-lettre :P

Have to agree, lol, those questioning faces of the mechanics and especially de Adamich whose look seems quite bemused like - who do you think you're fooling mate, I've got an F1 car - are quite a contrast to Jo's full on enthusiasm, I'm ready to do battle, thumbs up. Not sure what you mean by the 'avant-la-lettre' though, maybe you could explain?

View Postpioujd428, on Oct 18 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

..
DuncanS I haven't seen those first 2 photos before and while I must say I have seen photos of those cars, they have renewed my interest a little bit. Seeing new photos always seems to give me hope of finding more. Thanks for posting them.

While I am always looking for photos that I haven't seen, these are the cars that I have absolutely nothing on at Jarama:

Alan Rees Brabham BT23
Brian Redman Lola T100
Chris Lambert Brabham BT23
Alan Rollinson McLaren M4A
Robs Lamplough Brabham BT21

I am now going to take another look at Jarama and I would like to know some peoples opinion on whether I should run it off the F2 mod.

I can't help with photos for those outstanding Jarama '67 non championship cars Chris sorry, but understand the dilemma with which mod to use for the carset if you continue this race set. Having had a think about it, as this was an F1 race and is from the original 67 papy year maybe the best way is still to go with the original physics & 7 carslots? The best thing of course would be to have a new 67mod, certainly something I would support and be in favour of now after all of these years.

If you did create it with the '67 cars / slots / physics, you could have:
slot1 Lotus 49s - lotus
slot2 Brabham BT19 - brabham
slot3 Ferrari 312 - ferrari

that then leaves choices for the others, looking at the entry list a possible suggestion would be
slot4 Matra ms7s (to include the skins for the 3 other ms5's of Schlesser, Servoz-Gavin & Ickx) - eagle
slot5 Lola T100s - honda
slot6 Brabham BT21s (to include a skin for the BT23 of Alan Rees) - brm
slot7, Mclaren M4A - cooper

See what you think? Here's the entry list which you no doubt know about.
Pos N° Driver   Team Constructor Engine   Lap
1    1 Jim CLARK Team Lotus Lotus 49 Ford Cosworth V8 60
2    2 Graham HILL Team Lotus Lotus 49 Ford Cosworth V8 60
3   3 Jack BRABHAM Brabham Racing Organisation Brabham BT19 Repco V8 60
4   18 Johnny SERVOZ-GAVIN Matra Sports Matra MS5 Ford L 4 59
5 12 Jo SCHLESSER Matra Sports Matra MS5 Ford L 4 59
6   4 Jacky ICKX Tyrrell Racing Organisation Matra MS5 Ford L 4 59
7   16 Henri PESCAROLO Matra Sports Matra MS7 Ford L 4 58
8   6 Brian REDMAN David Bridges Lola T100 Ford L 4 58
9 15 Andrea De ADAMICH Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 312 Ferrari V12 58
10   19 Jean-Pierre BELTOISE Matra Sports Matra MS7 Ford L 4 58
11   10 Alan REES Roy Winkelmann Racing Brabham BT23 Ford L 4 57
12 7 Chris LAMBERT McKechnie Racing Brabham BT21 Ford L 4 57
ab 8 Jo SIFFERT BMW Lola T100 BMW L4 45 Engine
ab 5 Jackie STEWART Tyrrell Racing Organisation Matra MS7 Ford L 4 42 Accident
ab 9 Hubert HAHNE BMW Lola T100 BMW L4 33 Engine
ab    11 Alan ROLLINSON Frank Lythgoe Racing McLaren M4A Ford L 4 7 Brakes
ab    14 Robert LAMPLOUGH Franck Manning Racing Brabham BT21 Ford L 4 1 Gearbox

Finally, just a couple of photos from the non championship syracuse race of 1967, there is also one single photo on the LAT archive in colour http://www.latphoto....t=600&width=720.

Avant-la-lettre as in I didn't think there was such a thing as a photobomb in 1967 :) . Perhaps Jo is the inventor :D

#29 DuncanS

DuncanS

    Jochen Mass

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Swanage-Dorset-UK
  • Interests:Music & Light!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 19 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostTvO, on Oct 19 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Avant-la-lettre as in I didn't think there was such a thing as a photobomb in 1967 :) . Perhaps Jo is the inventor :D

Ah I see, it's your French that got me confused! - 'avant l'expression' n'est-il pas peut-être?

View PostTvO, on Oct 19 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

When I have more time (probably Monday) I'll show some pics how the cars should look like. I'm not sure if all pictures I have are from Jarama, but I certainly have information on what colors the cars should be. In fact, if I'm not mistaken I've already made the textures :D . I'll have a look.

Great, I had been going to suggest that for the regular racers of the 1967 F2 season, the liveries on their cars should be the same as the ones raced at other meetings for which we might already have photos / carskins made, it will just be the racing number font style and placement on the roundels which we won't be able to know.

@Chris,

Chris I'm sure you know of Brian Watson's site for photos of the Oulton Park Spring Cup http://www.brianwats...67/index.html#1 but do you know of Mike Haywards site for the Gold Cup race? (just type '1967 gold' in the search bar) There are about 40 photos of the Autumn Gold Cup F1 non championship race there http://www.mikehaywa...motor-sport.htm

... and here a video including coverage of the 1967 R.O.C.


Finally here are the photos I have for the R.O.C. just in case they help with any more details you may not have. Check out the one of Mike Spence in the BRM, he has no orange band on the tip of the P83's nose cone. Also if you check out the Mike Hayward collection again but this time for '1967 brands' you will find quite a few photos of the R.O.C. including a nice one of Chris Lawrence in the Pearce Copper T73 ferrari http://www.mikehaywa...ds-lawrence.htm  click on enlarge to see the full dimensions of the picture.

Edited by DuncanS, Oct 19 2013 - 12:00 PM.


#30 pioujd428

pioujd428

    Chris

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth Australia
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 21 2013 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for all your photos DuncanS much appreciated.

Hmmm I actually think that the F2 mod is the way to go guys.

To make each car use the correct sound I have had to arrange the slots like this:

Brabham - BT23 Used Gold Cup/Jarama
BRM - Lola T100 Used Gold Cup/Jarama
c07 - Cooper T84 Used Gold Cup
c08 - Lotus 41 Used Gold Cup
c09 - Brabham BT19/24 Used Gold Cup/Jarama
c10 -  Lola T100 BMW Used Jarama
c11 - Matra MS7  Used Gold Cup/Jarama
coventry - Lotus 49 Used Jarama could be swapped with BT24 at Gold Cup
eagle - McLaren M4A Used Gold Cup/Jarama
ferrari - Ferrari 312 Used Jarama
lotus - Lotus 48 Used Gold Cup. I want to include Alex Soler-Roig at Jarama who practiced but non started
murasama - Matra MS5 Used Gold Cup/Jarama

Doing it this way I have had to move the Lola BMW out of it's original slot. I would rather the Lola BMW sound like a Cosworth FVA than the Lotus 49 sound like one. Slots c09, coventry and Ferrari use individual sounds the rest are all linked together. The slots arranged like this means that one carset could be used for both races altough I am still going to make 2 individuals hopefully.

In my opinion while it would be nice to race a 49 as a 49, Ferrari as a Ferrari, I don't think it would be accurate at all to drive a Brabham BT23 as a BRM P115 or a Matra MS5 as a Honda RA300.

I am just going to keep working on textures for now and see how it goes. Moving the car folders around takes about 5 mins if you know what your doing sometimes only 1 or 2.

While the Gold Cup and Jarama were MEANT to be f1 races they definately were f2 in my opinion. Although more so the Gold Cup.

Edited by pioujd428, Oct 21 2013 - 02:35 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links