Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 07 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hows it going Dave,

I would be very interested in doing the 68s made from the 69xtra mod and runs the same way as the historical 67s do which I already know can definately be done as I have started it. It's not worth going into detail about it though because I need 4 things to do it. So I would like to make a few requests although this might not be the best place to do it but o well.

I need:
The Matra MS11
An updated Honda RA301 skin not to worried about the actual car although it would be nice
Cooper T86b
Some interest haha. To be honest I thought there would be a few people who would be happy with a 68 kyalami carset but that wasn't the case at all.

Or if there are people out there that want to do the physics and cars I am more than happy to do all the graphics. Which is what I would prefer. I also know basically how to edit cars slightly that have already been made.

I have found that running the 69xtra cars without wings is better than good enough physics for me and adding wings to the setup when they are used.

This is just a quick post to show I'm interested. If there are people out there who would like to help with it then I will go into more detail about how it runs. Which for me is very smoothly. If no one is interested thats fine I'm pretty much finished with editing gpl unless there is A LOT of interest in this.

And sorry it wouldn't put my screens in order. Also the spa and mexico carsets are well behind the first 4.

Attached Files

Edited by pioujd428, Sep 24 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#17 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Sep 07 2013 - 10:59 PM

:wow:  :drool:  Thanks for the screenshots Chris ! This looks fantastic !! Hopefully you find the time and can complete these
wonderful carsets. I'm thinking maybe it's been off-season for SRMZ and GPL as I have noticed not too many members posting,
so maybe that's why we don't see much feedback here. :think:

I myself had a 4 month break from GPL to pursue other interests, but have returned to be a daily addict again !

Also was thinking this "68 Mod " forum doesn't see as many views as the other Mods ? :(

#18 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 163 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 08 2013 - 03:05 AM

I always keep an eye on the 68 "mod" forum but this comes as a complete and very welcome surprise. Your screenshots look terrific Chris - thank you so much for sharing them.

I am not an editor, but I can certainly provide plenty of moral support and interest for your suggestion. As I have posted elsewhere, whilst the CanAm and sportscar mods are most welcome and tremendous pieces of work in their own right, for me GPL has always been about 60s single seaters and 1968 is the glaring omission from what we have at present.

The physics would be problematic for a full "mod" - no wings, primitive wings, the monster wings of later in the season - and may be a major reason why a full mod has not been produced before, but a graphics-based modification of the existing 69 extras would be most welcome and if you are keen to do it then I for one am happy to support you. Having downloaded your previous 67 non championship carsets I know that you will do an excellent job.

Here's hoping..... :crossfingers: :hat-tip:

Edited by deegee, Sep 08 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#19 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Sep 08 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think a lot of the 'diminished interest' is due to the crisis we are facing in the world. Work takes up a lot more time and energy, at least for me personally but I seem to see the same with others. That being said I enjoy your efforts and ones like you that have been made to recreate the entire 1967 season, which is a monumental task.

What I would like to do in the near future is get the GPLEA website up in the air again, and maybe provide a sort of GPL hub, as it seems a lot of websites about GPL are not functioning properly, if at all. I'd like to restore some of these site and get them working as it should again. Hopefully I'll find the time soon :) . In the meantime I've got a couple of 1969x car updates nearing completion to ease the wait :) .

Tommie.

#20 GORDON_S

GORDON_S

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 232 posts

Posted Sep 10 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hi Chris,

here's another one with great interest in specific car-sets for the complete '68 season. I would really appreciate if you'd continue your excellent work. :thumbup:

Gordon

#21 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Sep 14 2013 - 04:12 PM

Definitely interested. I am enjoying your excellent Kyalami 68 work at the moment. Great stuff. Chapeau.

#22 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the comments guys but unfortunately I have to say that this project is not going to happen.
I have decided that there is just way too much work involved. If the Matra MS11 and Honda RA301 were already in GPL then I would probably do it but I just don't feel all the work on my own would be worth it.
If I decide to start the project up again I will start a topic on it to share the work with everyone but like I said I don't plan on it.

Really trying to get the updated 4 non championship carsets out but I keep finding tiny things that need improving. Then I will have another quick look at the last 2 non championship races (still looking for photos by the way) and that will probably be it.

:wave:

Chris

#23 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 163 posts

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 04:08 AM

Sorry to read this, Chris, but although it seemed a wonderful prospect it was always going to be a mamoth task for one individual.

You have already made a major contribution by plugging the gaps in the 67 season with your non-championship carsets, and I (along, I am sure, with many others) keenly await your updates and additions to them when you feel ready to release them.

Thanks for all you have done so far

:hat-tip:

#24 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for all your great car sets Chris ! :thankyou:

#25 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 163 posts

Posted Sep 26 2013 - 12:05 PM

View Postpioujd428, on Sep 26 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Really trying to get the updated 4 non championship carsets out but I keep finding tiny things that need improving. Then I will have another quick look at the last 2 non championship races (still looking for photos by the way) and that will probably be it.

Chris

Have you seen these? From 67 Gold Cup

http://www.mikehaywa...67-gold-cup.htm

#26 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted Sep 27 2013 - 04:56 AM

View Postdeegee, on Sep 26 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Chris

Thanks deegee but I have. It's the private/lesser known entries that I am really struggling to find anything at all on. They really complete a carset in my opinion. Maybe even more so than the common entries in a way. Just reflects the era a little bit maybe. When you could almost just have a car and turn up to race.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place but can't think of anywhere else other than internet or magazines. I'm thinking I might have to post the last 2 carsets with half grids.

#27 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Sep 27 2013 - 05:22 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Sep 27 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

View Postdeegee, on Sep 26 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Chris

Thanks deegee but I have. It's the private/lesser known entries that I am really struggling to find anything at all on. They really complete a carset in my opinion. Maybe even more so than the common entries in a way. Just reflects the era a little bit maybe. When you could almost just have a car and turn up to race.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place but can't think of anywhere else other than internet or magazines. I'm thinking I might have to post the last 2 carsets with half grids.

Maybe you could try contacting M Needforspeed, he has an exceptional pictures archive, or have a look at the Aerogi motorsport forum.

#28 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Oct 26 2013 - 10:55 PM

Topic needs to be Pinned ? :)

#29 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Rugby

Posted Oct 06 2014 - 02:50 PM

Finally installed this and have one small problem, when I copyin the BRM P126 folder to replace the P115 default I still seem to get the P115 judging by replays etc. Files in my 18-SAF/brm folder match the P126 folder supplied, so what did I miss. :up:

#30 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted Oct 15 2014 - 02:55 AM

Hmmmmmmm.

You should make it so you have 2 brm folders in the carset. For example I race the P115 so that folder has to be named brm and the other one I rename brm-p126. If I ever wanted to use the P126 I rename that folder brm and the P115 brm-p115. There is no need to overwrite any files.

Also just in case replays will play whatever folder you have active regardless of what car you raced.

Edited by pioujd428, Oct 15 2014 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links