#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 13 2013 - 11:22 AM

oAo (GPL67) League will be hosting an OPEN CanAm race this Saturday.
everyone interested invited, but seating limited ;)
TRACK: Riverside 71
TIME: server will be relaunched at 10.30am EST (US) - 15.30 GMT
DAY/DATE:  Saturday, 15 June
SETTINGS:  INT 35 laps (about an hour at most)

the server is currently up for open practice... via igor
Don't be left out!
if there appears to be a huge turnout, email me your intention to race, and the first in will be given the PW

#2 maddog

maddog

Graham Hill

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for hosting an enjoyable race.  It was good to see some names I've not raced  before, including Chris from the Can-Am Historical team.  A promising grid position for us both, led to an early disco for me, when my connection gave out.  So it's congrats. to the winners, and those who survived, whoever they may be.

#3 silence

silence

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 07:34 AM

Yep, thanks for hosting! It was my first online race ever and to my big surprise I wasn't the slowest guy. :yahoo:
Unluckily I couldn't finish, however, I hope this was not the last race of this kind.

Big fun!

#4 colepole

colepole

John Surtees

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 01:17 PM

Good to be on track with some unfamiliar people too ..... and with unfamiliar cars !! , had some help from John Roberts who pointed me to his set ups here on srmz ,

I was lying in 2nd place and trying to gain on Roy when I had a screen freeze .............bahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was having a blast until that point.

Was also good to see oAo on Igor for a change ;-).

Col

#5 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postsilence, on Jun 16 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yep, thanks for hosting! It was my first online race ever and to my big surprise I wasn't the slowest guy. :yahoo:
Unluckily I couldn't finish, however, I hope this was not the last race of this kind.

Big fun!

If you liked it we race every other Saturday. Though only the original cars. See link below
oAo

#6 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 188 posts

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 06:52 PM

i was happy to see some new faces (to me) but best of all was the professional approach everyone had - for being unfamiliar with each other, lots of room was given and mostly good racing.  i was one that spun in turn ? after the esses, the high point,  and ended up stalled in the groove, blind to oncoming traffic :(  sorry to Sky who was in 2d at the time.. my car went over the fencing and i didn't feel it was right to sh-R after that :P  

the track did seem to cause some CTD's or Screen Freezes. i had one before qually, but changed my screen resolution down a click and had no issue in race ..

to do again?
well.. maybe. i was hoping to recruit a driver or 2 to our league,  but we'll see - maybe if deluged with requests ;)

thanks for racing to those that did, or intended to, but had real life priorities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links