Here are a couple of pics , specs and sources for this rig. Its on lockable castors and covered in car carpet.
Originally the monitor was set on top of the rig, but I found that the forces from the heavy duty shifter, and to a lesser extent the wheel, were making the monitor vibrate which is not good for my eyes. So I built an over arching monitor stand out of aluminium box section, assembled with plastic angle joiners and reinforced with bolt through small angle brackets. [Any hardware store] That keeps the monitor isolated from any vibration and only adds a few centimetres to the overall width.
- Heavily modified/simplified Richmotec plans.
- G27 wheel base with cut back [with angle grinder] paddles.
- Momo Mod29 Alcantarra Racing Wheel drilled to fit.
- Derek Spears Designs [DSD] 6 button Mini Plate designed for that wheel.
- DSD Button Box with socket remounted to the side.
- DSD Bent Shaft Sequential Shifter with socket remounted to the side, bolted to a heavy duty steel strap bolted to the inside of the cockpit.
- Small ramp as wrist rest for mouse operation.
- Dowel rod used as housing for removable keyboard. Alum box section offcuts glued to underside of keyboard slot over the open dowel end.
- SAAS Car seat from Auto Parts store.
- Two cheap sets of second hand car seat runners off ebay mounted to seat and to underside of a plywood base plate for pedals.
Happy with it, especially now I have the shifter working with GPL. See this thread "How to Combat GPL Shift" in the GPL Forum.
Edited by Jim Pearson, Jun 04 2013 - 10:11 PM.