As I started out i actually edited all the dat files to replace the car skin of mine. No problems with that but perhaps I shall follow your advice. Let the dats be and drop the car mips in the root folders as well.
I've just decided to make my version of the Buco open face helmet as well. More adaptable to the front I guess and opening that front file generated two bmp with built-in transparancy in the mip. So I just drop that .
This will be enough information for me to complete the 69X. On the way I also understand why my face file wasn't used when I edited 67 Historical so now I can fix that as well. Next Project will be the 67GTs. Later on .
Edited by MickeK, Mar 20 2013 - 07:24 AM.