davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 10:01 PM

I don't remember ever seeing a historically correct season ini for the 67 F1 season here at the forum

This is for those of you with a separate GPL install of the 67 F1 season. Do not use this if your
67season ini is for all of your tracks installed without making some sort of a backup.

This is really meant for those using G. Spinning & Co, Historical Mod and pioujd428 ( Chris ) 's
non-championship race carsets. I have also included Syracuse, Oulton Park  Gold Cup &
Jarama Spanish Grand Prix  races that are still lacking historically correct carsets. I took the
liberty of anticipating a Oulton2 track in similar fashion of silver2 for the 2 different races
that were held at Oulton Park in 1967. Oulton2 track will not load at this time, but is ready
in the season file for when it is made. We can always rename the track directory to the correct
track name when someone graciously does create the correct files needed for the track to load.

Using Gem+ you can switch carsets to corresponding races as needed, ie. the Historical
carsets for the championship races, and pioujd's 3 carsets for the correct grid's of the
non-championship races. Use "cars67" carset for the Syracuse Grand Prix and the Spanish
Grand Prix at this time. Here's to hoping that someday we will have a complete 1967 F1 season ! :crossfingers:
Hope you enjoy ! :wave:

Attached File  67season.ini   3.06K   66 downloads

Edited by davef, Feb 25 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#2 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 04:03 AM

Thanks dave

Changing the original Oulton Parks track name takes literally about 5 seconds and I could post it here if people want but I would like to know what updates make Oulton Park look the best. At the moment I'm not sure what updates I have for it and I have this annoying line around the edge of the track which I'm guessing is to do with the curbs or something. You can see it in the attached screen.

I have already made another Oulton Park with Gold Cup program covers and all that which I called oultong as there is already an Oulton2. I think it's a later version though I'm pretty sure and not for 60's racing but need to check if I can be bothered I just seem to remember it wasn't useful for the Gold Cup.

Attached Files

#3 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 05:52 AM

I like JackSeller's version myself, nice graphics as usual. ( His Website is now sporting a new look as well ).

Attached File  oulton1.JPG   119.3K   112 downloads

#4 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 10:30 AM

I use Jack's updates for all tracks he offers. They always look good and run smooth.

#5 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car racing
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thanks.

#6 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 12:46 PM

For the XVI Gran Premio di Siracusa non-championship race that was held on May 21, 1967
I have come up with this version of the Syracuse Track. I have zipped and am posting for those
of you who would like to try it out. Here are the credits for those AFAIK who have contributed
to this version :

Track Author - Tormentor

Updates :
S. Beuchert
Paul Skingley
Aldo Regozani
Remco Hitman
gliebzeit

Thanks to deegee for the new Program Cover.Using these updates I added a small bit of "fog"
to clean up the horizon to what I fell is a little better IMHOP. The drvc67 in the track folder is
using pioujd428's Silverstone International Trophy Historical Carset. I copied this carset
and re-named it SYRC67 to use for now until a correct one becomes available. If this does
not agree with some of you, simply remove the drvc67 from inside the track folder & use
the  "67cars" carset instead. Thanks to Wile E. Coyote for his recommendations of installing the updates.
If I have left anybody out I apologize.

http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3339

I just wanted to share with those interested , what I think is a very nice looking track now ! :D

Attached File  Syracuse.zip   6.91MB   93 downloads

Edited by davef, Feb 24 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#7 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 06:01 AM

Missing GEM picture for the race . Download & save, to go into the track folder. courtesy of deegee ! :thanks:

Attached File  syracuse.jpg   74.16K   95 downloads

Edited by davef, Feb 26 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#8 Arno

Arno

Cevert 73

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:GPL of course and GoKart

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Davef for your job on Syracuse :thumbup:

#9 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostArno, on Mar 08 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thanks Davef for your job on Syracuse :thumbup:

Well I am glad you like it Arno, but I really didn't do much , other than add a little fog to make it easier to focus on the
track IMHOP . The credit goes to the aforementioned editors, who have made this track great fun ! :drive1:

#10 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 04:21 AM

I never liked the looks of Syracuse, but this update is really great! The fog adds to the atmosphere, I like it, thanks!

#11 WalterC

WalterC

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, P&G3, A/C, GTL, Go Kart racing, IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Blancpain, F1, Indy Cars, DTM, V8 Super Cars, Continental Tire Sports Cars

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Postdavef, on Feb 21 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

This is for those of you with a separate GPL install of the 67 F1 season. Do not use this if your
67season ini is for all of your tracks installed without making some sort of a backup.

Hi, I am in the process of installing GPL on my new computer. Do you recommend having a seperate install for the 67 F1 season? Should I make each Mod seperate?

Thanks for the track update too,
Walter

#12 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostWalterC, on Mar 30 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

View Postdavef, on Feb 21 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Hi, I am in the process of installing GPL on my new computer. Do you recommend having a seperate install for the 67 F1 season? Should I make each Mod seperate?

Thanks for the track update too,
Walter

Hi Walter ! :hat-tip:  I myself have a seperate install for only the Historical 67 Mod . I did this because my original install is somehow
corrupt and would not properly load it. ( 67 Historical ) . I know that several users have seperate GPL installs for the different Mods.
This can get a little tricky for GEM+ to recognize each one I have heard. Check this topic for a few pointers starting at post # 68.
( Use the latest beta installer 1.07 mentioned at post #63. )
Good luck ! :wave:

http://srmz.net/inde...opic=8705&st=60

#13 WalterC

WalterC

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, P&G3, A/C, GTL, Go Kart racing, IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Blancpain, F1, Indy Cars, DTM, V8 Super Cars, Continental Tire Sports Cars

Posted Apr 01 2013 - 01:18 PM

Thank you, you answered my next question too. :D

#14 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Apr 16 2013 - 05:33 AM

New ! pioujd428 ( Chris ) release of the Syracuse Historical correct carset : :up:
get it here:

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=9018

#15 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted Apr 17 2013 - 06:39 PM

Oulton2 Track for the Gold Cup Non-championship race :

If you are using the season file in post #1 of this topic you will now be able to load the 2nd race held at Oulton Park for 1967.
drvc67 ini. is for cars67 carset. Or copy any other carset & place it's drvc ini. into the track folder and overwrite.
You will need to rename the carset to 6 spaces such as GOLD67 to load.  
( Track will only load for the 67 F1 cars. ) Fully GEM+ compatible. You can now load the 2 Oulton Park Non-championship
races for the season.

Track Authors :
John Black
Meik Thiemann
Rick Osborn

Graphical Update :
JackSeller

Enjoy ! :wave:

Attached File  oulton2.zip   15.69MB   34 downloads

Edited by davef, Apr 19 2013 - 07:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links