• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#121 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 04 2016 - 01:49 PM

Olaf, am I right that http://race.eolc.de/...ann/pitstop7(dg).7z is the latest version?

I found that http://www.eolcrepla...mme/pitstop7(dg).7z still contains 7.0 - so first post in this topic might be misleading. I'd suggest you should insert that latest link into your update posts.

#122 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Dec 05 2016 - 07:29 AM

Oh, sorry I forget the upload to eolcreplay. I have done it now.
But eolcreplay is only avaible until the end of this year and it's on the black list of some browsers or search engines.
Furthermore I found another problem. Some forums don't accept ) in the link.
So the link you use above principially works, but better is this one:

http://race.eolc.de/...nn/pitstop7.zip

because that link can I use in all forums.

And I would post this readme at this place:

http://race.eolc.de/...mann/Readme.txt

Unfortunately I can't edit my old posts.
If I could do this I would place this link only in the first post.

Can you do it, Jani?

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Dec 05 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#123 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 865 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Dec 05 2016 - 12:45 PM

No, it's not my yard :)

#124 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Jan 21 2017 - 10:25 AM

:new: s again:

1. 60fps:
-added an open version for testing the patch on normal 60fpsv2 gpl servers (open version is the same like the full version of the patch, but without repairing at the pits in modus PRO to prevent advantages compared to the normal gpl drivers)

So it's easier to test/try the patch with human drivers - no special prepaired server is needed.

2. 36fps:
-added an procedere that makes certain, that only participants that uses the specific patch (full or light version) if the host uses the patch. So everyone can be sure that everyone uses the patch if the host uses the patch.

So now it's  possible to make certain that only "patched people" are in a race with 36fps too.

But like before it's possible to use the patch at normal 36fps gpl servers (if the host don't uses the patch).

BR Olaf

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Jan 21 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#125 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 865 posts

Posted May 27 2017 - 09:57 AM

Now tested with 55 mod, it works! :)

#126 fela

fela

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:electronics, programming, keyboards

Posted Jun 03 2017 - 01:50 AM

Hello,
when I use the non US version of GPL.exe, then green button in main menu (of game itself) is not reacting on clicking. I tried to search forums, but without success.  Any idea? Can someone push me forward?  Thanks.
(GEM 2.5.32, Mod 65)

#127 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Jun 03 2017 - 03:09 AM

Hello fela,

in most cases people have this problem if they use a xml file for gpl version 1.2.0.2., but they have gpl version 1.3.

In case this doesn't help I copy this from an older post:

I know four reasons for problems (I think all you can find under Installation in the readme file):

If anyone click to the first green flag in gpl and get a message "you are not qualified to the race":
1. You have used an older version of the patch OR you haven't choice the patched xml in GEM+.
OR
2. You have choosed in GEM+ the patch xml AND the 60fps xml. Please choose only the patch xml

If you get a problem if you click to the first green flag without a message (nothing happens or gpl is crashing):
3. You have used the incongruous version of the patch ( you use gpl version 1.2.0.2 and pitstop7(dg)_13.xml OR gpl version 1.3 and pitstop7(dg)_1202.xml

If can click to the first two green flags in gpl successful, but gpl crashes in the moment you try to go from controll center to track:
4. You use the US version of gpl. The patch doesn't work with it.
But in this case you must NOT reinstall gpl completely to use the patch. You have only to change the gpl exe to a NON US exe (We had this problem in the past in EOLC and it works fine).
But think about this: Eventuell the new exe is different in some other things (uses pribluda or not, uses GPLShift).
I will put my gpl exe (with pribluda forwarding and without GPLShift) into the programm folder in subfolder NON_US_gpl_exe.

If this and the readme doesn't help maybe I can say more if I get more informations: What file you use in which mode...and so on.

BR Olaf

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Jun 03 2017 - 03:18 AM.

#128 fela

fela

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jun 04 2017 - 08:29 AM

Hello,
I am using GPL v. 1.2.0.2, GEM+ 2.5.32, Mod 1965, so I am using the correct .xml file for this 1.2.0.2 version of GPL (I'vetried 'normal' and 'light' .xml).
Before generating new gpl65.exe I am deleting the old one. (of course, first I copied non_us gpl.exe to gpl folder.)

I found out, that I can run standalone (non us) gpl.exe.
The patched gpl65.exe, started from GEM+ or just gpl65.exe alone is not working (the problem with not reacting green button is there - you can not go further from main screen).

#129 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Jun 05 2017 - 11:48 AM

Please try the XML file for version 1.3. Maybe the version number you see in Windows isnt correct.

The other way is to work step by step. Try at first normal unmodded GPL + dirtgearpatch...and so on.

Another point: Would you use 36 or 60 fps? If 36 fps your GPL exe must have 36 fps.
BR Olaf

#130 fela

fela

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jun 11 2017 - 02:05 AM

OK, I've tried xm v. 1.3, no success. I am going to make a new clean GPL installation and then we'll see.
So far thanks for your effort.

#131 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Jun 21 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hello Fela,

because I have a little bit more time at the moment I thought about your problem.
If you haven't find a solution you can upload your normal gpl.exe to somewhere. So I could try your exe at my system...and maybe I find the solution.

An easy and short thing what you could do is:
1. Rename your normal gpl exe
2. Put the gpl.exe from the patch folder NON_US_gpl_exe into your Sira/gpl folder
and see if it works. So we will see: Is the gpl.exe the problem or anything else.

After this test you can rename back your exe and all is like before for you...

BR Olaf

#132 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted Aug 09 2017 - 09:48 AM

Because it seems to me that some people are overextended to survey the many possibilities of this patch I have created an short exe table about the different four dirtgear options compared to the both normal gpl modes.
I hope it makes the potential of the patch clearer.

Posted Image

#133 badbob099

badbob099

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:i like to sim race
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Feb 08 2018 - 03:22 PM

Anybody has a new link for the patch??

#134 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,394 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Feb 08 2018 - 03:55 PM

Try the link in post # 122?

#135 Keyser Zose

Keyser Zose

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Feb 11 2018 - 09:22 AM

I would like to say thank you very much Olaf , for this outstanding patch. I havent raced with it yet but Ive tried it and tested it in training and its fantastic. Simply wonderful stuff. :D

I do however have a question from you picture above. This patch doesnt offer any type of function in a grand prix race? Or is it damage mode dependent? Thanks again.

Edited by Keyser Zose, Feb 11 2018 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links