#1 DHosein

DHosein

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:GPL: TotalRank

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 01:41 PM

Are there any mods for the GTs to clean up the windscreens & mirrors for cars other than the Porsche?

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,743 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 05:00 PM

Darren, I created these files as an experiment quite a while ago. They don't cover all the cars, just the ones where the dirty windscreen seems most prominent to me. Unzip each file into the car directory of the same name, under your "GPL\cars\carsGT" directory. If your unzip utility complains about overwriting a file, please stop and back up the original so that you can go back if you want to. I have included the Porsche 910 file here for completeness, although it sounds like you have that already. Feel free to try my version in case it suits you better.

Please note: These files do not remove all the dirt from the windscreen, they only clean the area immediately in front of the drivers' eyes. This is because the dirt and shading adds to the 3D effect of the windscreen, and I believe it looks odd if you wipe the screen completely.

Also note: I have only used these files in "testing" mode, for solo hotlapping. There are many different body paint schemes contained within the GT mod, and I can't guarantee that my windscreen files will get picked up in racing mode. It may work, it may not, sorry if it doesn't work properly for you.

If you get any problems using these files, please post back here and I'll try to help.

Attached Files

#3 DHosein

DHosein

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:GPL: TotalRank

Posted Jan 04 2013 - 07:01 PM

Thanks, Saiph.

I'll give these a try.

#4 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dirt Rally, watching real races, modeling

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hope no one would blame me if I attach here mine too. Includes some kind of higher resolution driver's knees.

Attached File  GT_glass_and_knees.7z   956.86K   96 downloads

#5 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 08:43 AM

Can someone post some screenshots of those wind shields? I'm looking for an update that still has the texture of the window, but with a bit less dirt. Just more transparency will do for me.

#6 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostMiguelito, on Feb 08 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Can someone post some screenshots of those wind shields? I'm looking for an update that still has the texture of the window, but with a bit less dirt. Just more transparency will do for me.

Difficult to show with a pic or two, I think, much better if you give a try in motion and then make your choice, 'cause everyone has his own taste. Anyway there are no many differences, only a bit more visibility and less disturbing patches, stains and dust. Mirage is untached. However here are some screens of my version:

Attached File  picture01.jpg   491.09K   239 downloads Attached File  picture02.jpg   448.53K   286 downloadsAttached File  picture03.jpg   478K   274 downloadsAttached File  picture04.jpg   486.36K   232 downloads

#7 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thanks, that looks like what I'm looking for! I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I would try all graphics out, if I wasn't so sure I'd probably screw things up :D

#8 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostMiguelito, on Feb 09 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thanks, that looks like what I'm looking for! I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I would try all graphics out, if I wasn't so sure I'd probably screw things up :D

Don't worry, if you have installed the original version it's impossible to mess up something, because if you don't like new files or they don't work simply delete them. No need at all to backup something in this case, because all the original mod files are well stored in the .dat file, so nothing will be overwrited. ;)

#9 t3r

t3r

edteach3r

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1 1965 - 1977 fanatic

Posted Jul 23 2015 - 07:31 PM

I just tried these windshields out on my cars.  Wow ... what a difference!  Awesome work, Saiph and Tato. :up:

#10 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Jul 26 2015 - 03:13 AM

Many thanks for these, just done a lap of the Targa and it looks great with a clean windscreen :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links