Tim_65

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 02:25 AM

Thank you Saiph.

You have worked your magic and the files are installed.
Thank you again for doing all the work for us.

May all your laps be world records.

Cheers

PS. I see you are closing up on me in the 1965 total rank. Go for it!

#17 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 08:59 PM

And finally, here is the file which will allow you to drive two new versions of the Lola T260 in test mode. To use it, do the following:

(1) Download the attached file.
(2) Go to your "\GPL\Cars\Canm71\coventry" folder.
(3) Unzip the file there. It will create 3 new sub-directories.
(4) To drive a custom car, go to your chosen folder, and copy the two .mip files into the main "coventry" folder, overwriting files if necessary.
(5) Start up GPL and enjoy your repainted T260.
(6) To revert back to the normal player car, just use the files in the default folder.

The two new cars are the black (or very dark blue?) Pete Aron car, and Jackie Stewart's no.1 car.

I found .mip files for the two drivers' helmets as well, (Pete Aron's is shown in davef's screenshots in post #1), and I tried to make them installable, but unfortunately for some reason I couldn't get the helmets to appear when I was driving the car, so I removed those files. I'll see if I can find a solution, but don't hold your breath!

I see G.Spinning has posted some great pics of some new CanAm skins which are on the way. I'm looking forward to those. Hopefully my files here will still work when the CanAm mod update is released, but if not, I'll adapt them so that they work.

Attached Files

Edited by Saiph, Feb 27 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#18 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 10:36 PM

Thank you Keith for finding those files and making them available to us. Helmet files can prove difficult to change outside of the
original 67 F1 cars, which are pretty easy to get changes made. Good luck in finding a solution ! :hat-tip:

#19 silence

silence

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Feb 28 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostSaiph, on Feb 27 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

I found .mip files for the two drivers' helmets as well, (Pete Aron's is shown in davef's screenshots in post #1), and I tried to make them installable, but unfortunately for some reason I couldn't get the helmets to appear when I was driving the car, so I removed those files. I'll see if I can find a solution, but don't hold your breath!

Very simple, just drop the helmet you like in the brabham folder after you renamed it to "plachelm.mip". Your helmet will appear for every car you drive. Below an example for a custom helmet.

Attached Files

#20 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 28 2014 - 11:05 AM

View Postsilence, on Feb 28 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

...... just drop the helmet you like in the brabham folder after you renamed it to "plachelm.mip".......
Aha! So GPL always picks up the player helmet from the "Brabham" slot, no matter which car you're driving? I didn't know that. Lol, 15 years with GPL and I'm still learning! :D

With that new nugget of information in mind (thanks silence!), here's one last file which will give you a choice of helmets. As before, to use this:

(1) Download the attached file.
(2) Go to your "\GPL\Cars\Canm71\brabham" folder.
(3) Unzip the file there. It will create 6 new sub-directories.
(4) To use a new helmet, go to your chosen sub-directory and copy the 2 .mip files to the main "brabham" directory, overwriting files if required.
(5) Start up GPL and enjoy your new head! As silence says, it doesn't matter which car you're in, GPL shows the same player helmet for all cars.
(6) To revert back to the default helmet, use the default files.

I found helmets for Aron, Delaney, Jo Siffert, Jackie Stewart and Vic Elford. I hope you enjoy them.

Attached Files

#21 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,814 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 03:56 AM

* * * * PLEASE NOTE * * * *

With the release of the Historical Add-on for the Can-Am cars, the skin/helmet files in this thread will no longer work, as many new skins have been added, and filenames have been changed. Over the next few days/weeks I am hoping to have a look at all the new goodies which have been included in the mod, and will find a way for drivers to use the various skins/helmets in testing mode as before.

However, I have been busy upgrading my (broken) PC, re-installing everything and getting my backup procedures working again, so it has taken me a little time to catch up. Look out for a new thread in the Can-Am mod section entitled "Can-Am Mod Testing Skins" or something similar.

EDIT: After discussions with silence (Chris), the Can-Am mod team have asked for a six-month delay before anybody changes the mod in any way, so I will respect this and not re-publish any renamed mod files. If you wish to use a different skin for your player car, sorry but you'll just have to play around with DATMAN and find a way to do it yourself.

Edited by Saiph, Jun 13 2014 - 05:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links