• 91 posts
  • Interests:Simracing
    Cycling
    Legos
    RC
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hey all,

After an absence of a year from gpl (my longest brake from gpl ever) I am now returning because of switching back to my simconmotion seat. Tried x-simulator for a year but couldn't get it to work with gpl :idunno: .. Browsed to srmz, and there has happend a lot of nice things. So first of of all a big thank you for all the nice track and mod updates! Irridux historic mod updates are brilliant, also the big nurburgring update is great! And finally some quality time with the F2 cars... :yeah:
Having been to the Zandvoort historic GP this weekend (epic stuff! :thumbup:) and coming face to face with a lot of gpl related cars, I really needed to drive gpl :drive1: !  And build my motionseat back to the frex simconmotion spec. So after a year I could enjoy gpl with my motionseat again. Another thing is I'm very excited about the canam mod coming so soon.. ( there were also canam cars at zandvoort!  :shock: )

So here my question to Mech. I don't know if you can recall my simconmotion problem witch the sportscar mod.. The off centre cockpits made my motion platform lean to the side the virtual driver was seated. And you were able to fix it very enginius with no side effects.. Is the same already implemented in the canam mod? If not can/will you be able to create a fix for simconmotion users? Anyway thanks to gpl community to keeping gpl alive and creating such beautifull addons! :clap2:

Cheers and happy racing!

BW

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 02:49 AM

View Postbob williams, on Sep 05 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

Having been to the Zandvoort historic GP this weekend (epic stuff! :thumbup:) and coming face to face with a lot of gpl related cars, I really needed to drive gpl :drive1: !  

Join the topic discussion here about the Historical Day. More people here have been there, including me :)

http://srmz.net/inde...t=0

#3 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 04:57 AM

View Postbob williams, on Sep 05 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

So here my question to Mech. I don't know if you can recall my simconmotion problem witch the sportscar mod.. The off centre cockpits made my motion platform lean to the side the virtual driver was seated. And you were able to fix it very enginius with no side effects.. Is the same already implemented in the canam mod? If not can/will you be able to create a fix for simconmotion users? Anyway thanks to gpl community to keeping gpl alive and creating such beautifull addons! :clap2:

Cheers and happy racing!

BW
Welcome back Bob,

I'm sure the Canams where not built with the motion seats in mind because no one in the test panel had such gear ;)
But once the mod is released and you have problems with the centering of the motion gear we can always fix that.
The release is only a week or so away so we are staying away from modifications that might interfere with the release.
Unless it's a bug which needs curing.

So should you have problems just remind me and i will fix those issues and post a patch for it :)

P.S. I enjoyed the Historic Races as well! Had a great day and returned home with a camera full of pictures  :D

#4 bob williams

bob williams

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 91 posts
    Cycling
    Legos
    RC

Posted Sep 05 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the great news Mech!
I will check the canam cars as soon as the are available! Until that there`s lots of new stuff to enjoy.. :yeah:

cheers

BW

#5 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,464 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 06:53 AM

Can Am is a week away? We heard that! :)

#6 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Sep 08 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostPete Gaimari, on Sep 08 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Can Am is a week away? We heard that! :)
Oops  :shutup:

#7 bob williams

bob williams

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 91 posts
    Cycling
    Legos
    RC

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hey, there Mech! Tried all of the canam cars, they all look and sound awesome and they are all offseting my simconmotion  :P. When you find some time to fix it for me, I would be very gratefull.. Ps. I found some of the driving views pritty high (i'm using triple screens) only seeing the top of the steering wheel... With gplshift I was able to lower the view, but not quite enough. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

BW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links