Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 13 2012 - 05:48 AM

Greg

I just tested and could load 19 cars without any issues, it did seem slower to load than other tracks but considering a full field and Thomas's very nice update for Reims OK.

My install is the standard Reims with Thomas Laechele update and Greg's update only.

Dave maybe try a complete new install of Reims and see if that solves the problem?  :idunno:

Thanks for your work Greg you have been busy lately  :artist:  :thumbup:

Craig

#17 PHI52

PHI52

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thanks again for your good job GREG.  :thumbup:
BYE

#18 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Aug 17 2012 - 02:44 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Aug 12 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

No, I've not seen that video.  VERY COOL!!!  I've only just started to research the cars.... but this is an excellent video!  Will be able to pull car colors and some details from there.  Many thanks, silence!   :goodpost:

About the circuit... the length of ~7.8kms is correct, but the layout at the beginning of the video is not the correct one.  It was the circuit that is represented by "our" GPL montlh66 track.  See attached BAPOM circuit layout.  Also, if you read the section of the race report (attached) under "Practice" you will see that they are describing this GPL track.  I know that there is a longer circuit that we also have for GPL... but this is the one for the 1000kms race.

If you have more info, pictures or comments it will help greatly.  Thanks, again, silence!    :thumbup:

Hi Greg! Thank you for this addon!

In 1967 Montlhery had different layout than "our" GPL Montlh66 track. Base track layot was the same. But from 1967 they start to use chicane on front straight. Also chicane before entering of the oval section was different than Montlh66 track has.

You can see chicane on front straight in this video of 1967 F3 race at Monthlery F3 race was held same weekend as GT race but f3 cars used short track layout.

I think Montlh66 can easely be converted to proper 1967 version if someone like Ginetto will decide to fix it :rolleyes:

Some pictures I have

Attached Files

Edited by Pavel, Aug 17 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#19 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Aug 17 2012 - 10:55 PM

Thank you for your comments and pictures, Pavel.  I've really been enjoying putting together the non-championship WSC races.  The Monthlhery track is an awesome drive and just a cool place to watch the AI cars fight it out!  Yup, the 3rd chicane that the organizers added on the pit straight was not a big hit with the drivers!  Jo Schlesser said that he thought that he'd given up "driving tests" long ago!

The AI fight pretty realistically there, except that the large bore cars seem to draft down the straights (hung up behind slower cars, as usual) but then do good out-braking and squeezes in the corners.  The only horrible spot is the exit of the 1st chicane... where the car being passed often spins.  Plus, the line through that exit is terrible... with the cars waggling back and forth!

Yeah, Ginetto is our 'ace' chicane builder - after his excellent job with Monza.   :artist:

My hope is that Ginetto constructs the 3rd chicane and then maybe you would do a revised AI with better LP files.   ;)

Edited by gliebzeit, Aug 19 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#20 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Aug 17 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

The AI fight pretty realistically there, except that the large bore cars seem to draft down the straights (hung up behind slower cars, as usual) but then do good out-braking and squeezes in the corners.  The only horrible spot is the exit of the 1st chicane... where the car being passed often spins.  Plus, the line through that exit is terrible... with the cars waggling back and forth!
I've been trying to find a fix for the ai behaving that badly in the chicanes @ monthlery but failed to do so :(
The problem is in the track construction; the track does not follow the chicane center line but goes straight.
The chicane is realised by putting the haybales in. An ai driver has problems with deviating lines close to eachother and large offsets to the track center.
You also can't prevent overtaking actions for a 100%. No matter how you set flags or play with lp variables they still overtake there.
And they certainly don't like objects they can't drive through :rolleyes:

The best way to prevent this is to construct a track with the ai in mind.
Which means the track center should always follow the line you want the ai to drive.. :)

#21 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostMECH, on Aug 18 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

I've been trying to find a fix for the ai behaving that badly in the chicanes @ monthlery but failed to do so :(
The problem is in the track construction; the track does not follow the chicane center line but goes straight.
The chicane is realised by putting the haybales in. An ai driver has problems with deviating lines close to eachother and large offsets to the track center.
You also can't prevent overtaking actions for a 100%. No matter how you set flags or play with lp variables they still overtake there.
And they certainly don't like objects they can't drive through :rolleyes:

The best way to prevent this is to construct a track with the ai in mind.
Which means the track center should always follow the line you want the ai to drive.. :)

Martin, thanks for the information.  Also, I appreciate that you've tried to work out the AI difficulties for this track.  I does seem like a re-build or scratch-build is necessary.

#22 Santala

Santala

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Old time motor racing

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 07:21 AM

I got cars to work but I don't have that many laps? How you can run that many laps without running out of fuel anyway?

#23 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostSantala, on Aug 27 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

I got cars to work but I don't have that many laps? How you can run that many laps without running out of fuel anyway?

Hi Santala, the AI for GPL will "only" run 128 laps maximum.  That is a built-in limit.  So.... there cannot be a Reims 12 Hours, Le Mans 24 Hours, Monza 1000kms, etc.

#24 Santala

Santala

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:34 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Aug 27 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hi Santala, the AI for GPL will "only" run 128 laps maximum.  That is a built-in limit.  So.... there cannot be a Reims 12 Hours, Le Mans 24 Hours, Monza 1000kms, etc.

Yeah but I meant that 128 laps? I don't have that many.

#25 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostSantala, on Aug 27 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Do you mean that you run out of fuel before you reach 128 laps?

Here is a quote from Lee in the main Sports Car Mod thread:

"2. Player Fuel Loads: The player cars should have sufficient fuel capacity to complete a full Sports Car (Grand Prix) length race for the eight championship tracks. Of course, you still have to set the fuel load in the setup menu. The setup menu lap range is based on 4.00 mpg for all cars so it is a conservative estimate for most cars; especially the P910.

If you race at any of the other 500+ tracks for GPL, then you may not have sufficient fuel capacity to finish a very long race. The reason that the player car fuel capacity is limited is that we had major problems getting the tires to handle the much heavier car weights. If we had given the cars huge fuel tanks, it is highly likely that the tires wouldn't have worked as well as they now do. So we restricted the fuel capacities to allow about two hours of racing.

Currently, the player car fuel capacities are more than what the real world cars had. The real world cars had to pit about every hour or hour and fifteen minutes.

The race lengths for each track are set in the GTseason.ini file for this mod. If you want to ensure that the player cars don't run out of fuel, reduce the number of laps in the GTseason.ini file. The most fuel thirsty car is the MkIIB which gets about 4.25 mpg at LeMans. So you can use this as a guide to set the number of laps. Fuel consumption at other tracks will probably vary.

The AI do not have this problem as they have unlimited fuel tanks and are fueled in relation to the '67 Brabham fuel loads in the track.ini file. The AI do not use the same tire physics as the player cars so they don't have the same problems with weight. Assuming the track.ini fuel loads are OK for the F1 AI, then they will probably be good for the sports cars too. "

Hope this answers your query.   :)

Edited by gliebzeit, Aug 27 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#26 Santala

Santala

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:55 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Aug 27 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

View PostSantala, on Aug 27 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Do you mean that you run out of fuel before you reach 128 laps?

Here is a quote from Lee in the main Sports Car Mod thread:

"2. Player Fuel Loads: The player cars should have sufficient fuel capacity to complete a full Sports Car (Grand Prix) length race for the eight championship tracks. Of course, you still have to set the fuel load in the setup menu. The setup menu lap range is based on 4.00 mpg for all cars so it is a conservative estimate for most cars; especially the P910.

If you race at any of the other 500+ tracks for GPL, then you may not have sufficient fuel capacity to finish a very long race. The reason that the player car fuel capacity is limited is that we had major problems getting the tires to handle the much heavier car weights. If we had given the cars huge fuel tanks, it is highly likely that the tires wouldn't have worked as well as they now do. So we restricted the fuel capacities to allow about two hours of racing.

Currently, the player car fuel capacities are more than what the real world cars had. The real world cars had to pit about every hour or hour and fifteen minutes.

The race lengths for each track are set in the GTseason.ini file for this mod. If you want to ensure that the player cars don't run out of fuel, reduce the number of laps in the GTseason.ini file. The most fuel thirsty car is the MkIIB which gets about 4.25 mpg at LeMans. So you can use this as a guide to set the number of laps. Fuel consumption at other tracks will probably vary.

The AI do not have this problem as they have unlimited fuel tanks and are fueled in relation to the '67 Brabham fuel loads in the track.ini file. The AI do not use the same tire physics as the player cars so they don't have the same problems with weight. Assuming the track.ini fuel loads are OK for the F1 AI, then they will probably be good for the sports cars too. "

Hope this answers your query.   :)

But I have only 48 laps in Reims if I choose Sportscar race. How I can get that up to 128? That's my other problem. So I haven't tried that many laps anyway but I just wondered how you don't run out of fuel with so many laps. Thanks anyway

#27 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:04 AM

Sorry, I understand your question, now.  To change from the default number of laps for the Reims track you must change that number in the GTseason.ini file from 48 to 128.

Like this:

name=VIII Les Douze Heures de Reims
shortname=Reims 12 Hours
trackDirectory=reims
trackShortName=Reims
flag=franflg
month=6
day=25
numberOfLaps=128
startingGrid=6

Edited by gliebzeit, Aug 27 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#28 Santala

Santala

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Aug 27 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Sorry, I understand your question, now.  To change from the default number of laps for the Reims track you must change that number in the GTseason.ini file from 48 to 128.

Like this:

name=VIII Les Douze Heures de Reims
shortname=Reims 12 Hours
trackDirectory=reims
trackShortName=Reims
flag=franflg
month=6
day=25
numberOfLaps=128
startingGrid=6

Ok. Now I got it right. I was cheking those files but didn't saw first time that "numberoflaps". Thanks for help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links