#1 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 03 2012 - 03:13 PM

When people attach images and you want to view the large version from the thumbnail, at the moment, how it works is (with javascript enabled) that it loads a javascript max-size version of the image across your whole screen. This can be quite slow and also is disturbing to the normal reading of the page.

I guess the functionality would be okay as long as there was still a normal alternative of opening the full size image in a new tab - for example if you middle click on the image, or right click and open in a new tab. With the current javascript implementation, this is not possible - right or middle click do the same as left click, and the right click menu is suppressed.

A partial solution is to browse the site without javascript enabled, but this breaks other functionality of the site so isn't really too much of an option.

I hope you can appreciate these usability concerns.

Thank you! :)

#2 davef

davef

davef

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing from the 50's & 60's
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 03 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hello one2fwee  :hat-tip:

The thumbnails that I post, I try to reduce the size to a nice read,but as far as once
they are loaded, I know that if you go to the lower right of the image you have option
to save or close the image.I have found that by clicking on SAVE opens the image in a
smaller version that is sometimes better for viewing and you don't have to save it if
you don't want to. :wave:
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links