#1 kunc

kunc

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 26 2012 - 03:27 PM

I've used a program called "Racelengtheditor.exe" for years.  Recently, I've encountered an issue where if I change the original number of laps, the new entry becomes the default (and the box titled "Reset to Original" is greyed out.  If I change the number of laps again, then "Reset to Original" becomes available, but resets bacl to the wrong default.  Ultimately, I can still choose whatever length race I want.  But it's one of those "bugs" that I'd like to work out and don't know where to start looking.
Thanks in advance.

#2 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted Apr 27 2012 - 06:36 PM

kunc, I know nothing about Racelengtheditor, but it is very easy to edit the season.ini file yourself to change the number of laps.  I suspect that program just modifies the season.ini file for you.  Navigate your way to GPL's Seasons directory where you'll find the season.ini files.  Each mod has different season.ini filenames, but just open the appropriate one with any text editor, then edit the "numberOfLaps" field.

The setting is for the longest race and shorter races (Pro Short for example) will use a fixed percentage of the full length.  The percentage evades me right now, but others will know.

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 1,705 posts

Posted Apr 27 2012 - 07:41 PM

You can change the numbers in the season files in GEM.  Open the Seasons window, highlight the track in your xxseason.ini list and hit the edit button at the bottom.

The number that you put in is the GP length (100%)

GP - 100%
Int Long - 30%
Int Short - 15%
Novice - 7%

#4 kunc

kunc

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted Apr 27 2012 - 08:22 PM

Okay then ... it's the season.ini.  I was looking for things in the track.ini.
Thanks for your help, I'll pursue the issue tomorrow.

I wonder if things went wrong while switching between different mods while running the same track (I always use GEM to change tracks and mods).
For example, if I was in the 69 mod when I changed the number of laps to 20 (for Novice at Zandvoort).
Then I exit GPL and use GEM to switch to the 65 mod.
Does Racelengtheditor.exe now see the 20 laps as the default Novice for Zandvoort?

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 1,705 posts

Posted Apr 28 2012 - 12:56 PM

Well, Racelengtheditor.exe simply edits the 67season.ini (and no other season.ini file) entry for the track of interest, so as long as it's not re-edited, it'll stay the same.  An entry in a different xxseason.ini won't be changed unless you do it manually or in GEM's seasons window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links