• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Historic racing, technology, human evolution, astronomy, cosmology, modern history, physics, just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:22 AM

I asked this question at NoGrip and although I got a couple of suggestions none of them worked.  I have P&G V2.1 and recently installed the GTL-GTR2 Mod after ensuring that it would not trash my P&G setup.  I have downloaded some GTL cars and converted them with no problems.  However, recently there has been uploaded three cars for GTL, a D-Type Jaguar, an Aston-Martin DBR1 and a Ferrari Testarossa.  I have them all working perfectly in P&G but the driver's arms do not show in cockpit view. The other GTL cars I have converted, the Austin Healey Sprite Frogeye and the Mercedes 300SL roadster, all display arms. Any ideas?

#2 pbearsailor

pbearsailor

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 124 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:41 AM

I am way out of practice on this, but one easy thing to check would be the driver animation files (Gamedata/Animations/Driver).  Check that all of the animations from your GTL install are present in the P&G install.  You can run a trace and probably see the error that way too.  Posts on doing that at no grip.

The guys that are active in the mod are pretty busy right now and may not see your post.

-steve

#3 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Historic racing, technology, human evolution, astronomy, cosmology, modern history, physics, just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Postpbearsailor, on Apr 09 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

I am way out of practice on this, but one easy thing to check would be the driver animation files (Gamedata/Animations/Driver).  Check that all of the animations from your GTL install are present in the P&G install.
Just tried that but still no joy.  It is odd that my other converted GTL cars all work with no problems.  I will just keep fiddling, I suppose.  Must be something about those three particular cars.

#4 tdurrett

tdurrett

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 03:11 PM

I have the cars installed in GTL but look in each .cas file to find which DRIVER.GMT file the GTL-GTR2 Mod uses...

in ASTONMARTIN_DBR1.CAS --

INSTANCE=FPDRIVER
{
MOVEABLE=TRUE
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MESHFILE=M-FPDRIVER.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(1.00) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
}

in FERRARI_250TR.CAS  --

Instance=FPDRIVER
  {
    Moveable=True

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>MeshFile=M-FPDriver.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.00) ShadowReceiver=True
  }

in Jaguar_D-type.CAS  --

INSTANCE=FPDRIVER
{
MOVEABLE=TRUE
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MESHFILE=M-FPDRIVER.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(100.00) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
}

for GTL your Drive:\GTL\GameData\Teams  should contain --M-FPDriver.gmt

You probably have Arms "on" C:\GTL\UserData\"playerfile" since other cars work...

Playerfile should have...

Steering Wheel Visible In Cockpit="1"
Arms Visible In Cockpit="1"

#5 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 11:47 PM

View Posttdurrett, on Apr 09 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I have the cars installed in GTL but look in each .cas file to find which DRIVER.GMT file the GTL-GTR2 Mod uses...

in ASTONMARTIN_DBR1.CAS --

INSTANCE=FPDRIVER
{
MOVEABLE=TRUE
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MESHFILE=M-FPDRIVER.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(1.00) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
}

in FERRARI_250TR.CAS  --

Instance=FPDRIVER
  {
    Moveable=True

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>MeshFile=M-FPDriver.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.00) ShadowReceiver=True
  }

in Jaguar_D-type.CAS  --

INSTANCE=FPDRIVER
{
MOVEABLE=TRUE
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MESHFILE=M-FPDRIVER.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(100.00) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
}

for GTL your Drive:\GTL\GameData\Teams  should contain --M-FPDriver.gmt

You probably have Arms "on" C:\GTL\UserData\"playerfile" since other cars work...

Playerfile should have...

Steering Wheel Visible In Cockpit="1"
Arms Visible In Cockpit="1"
Thank you for that, but I actually managed to crack it a couple of hours before your posting!  In each CAS file in the INSTANCE=FPDRIVER section I replaced the statement MESHFILE=M-FPDRIVER.GMT  with MESHFILE=INT_DRIVER_STYLE01.GMT  and everything now works O.K.

Edited by benzman, Apr 09 2012 - 11:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links