Jump to content


- - - - -

Albert Park-Melbourne


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Doyle Edwards

Doyle Edwards

    Mike Parkes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:sim racing music movies
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 17 2012 - 10:04 PM

I found a ALbert Park track. Its not finished work. The developer decided to lose interest and I tried it but no can do! Will some very talented track developer PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE make a Albert Park track! I dont car if its the today track as Im aware that maybe lack of data from the 1960's. It may be more or less the same track if you do today's Albert Track. Definetly worth the time!


:feedback:   :please:   :racer:

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

    GrandPrixYannick

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Formula 1, Music, Anime.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 18 2012 - 03:20 AM

Yeahm it would be nice to get one. But do you have any experience with track building?
If not, better check the tutorial:

http://home.online.n...ing/default.htm
"Grand Prix Legends is a drug. I am addicted to it. Please do not cure me."
- Based on a quote of Harry Schell

#3 Doyle Edwards

Doyle Edwards

    Mike Parkes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:sim racing music movies
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 18 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostGrandPrixYannick, on Mar 18 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Yeahm it would be nice to get one. But do you have any experience with track building?
If not, better check the tutorial:

http://home.online.n...ing/default.htm


I requested a track. I'm a user not a developer. I dont have the smarts for it nor am i interested in making one. that's why this is  a request

:P

#4 Pedro

Pedro

    Pedro

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillegom - The Netherlands
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Mar 19 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostDoyle Edwards, on Mar 18 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

I requested a track.

With a total of 599 in the ATDB........ you request for a track ..............?

I have driven them all!
And I find it rude to ask for anything more :P

#5 buzard

buzard

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Palmdale, CA
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Apr 22 2012 - 10:36 PM

This is the request area!

#6 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

    GrandPrixYannick

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Formula 1, Music, Anime.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 23 2012 - 10:39 AM

View Postbuzard, on Apr 22 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

This is the request area!

We know, and we are discussing a request.
"Grand Prix Legends is a drug. I am addicted to it. Please do not cure me."
- Based on a quote of Harry Schell

#7 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 23 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postbuzard, on Apr 22 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

This is the request area!


View PostDoyle Edwards, on Mar 18 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:


I requested a track. I'm a user not a developer. I dont have the smarts for it nor am i interested in making one. that's why this is  a request


.
keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image


.

#8 benzman

benzman

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 23 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostDoyle Edwards, on Mar 17 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

I found a ALbert Park track. Its not finished work. The developer decided to lose interest and I tried it but no can do! Will some very talented track developer PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE make a Albert Park track! I dont car if its the today track as Im aware that maybe lack of data from the 1960's. It may be more or less the same track if you do today's Albert Track. Definetly worth the time!


:feedback:   :please:   :racer:
That alpha version is of the original 1953 layout.  In those days they simply closed the public roads around the lake for the weekend, held the spectators back with some ropes strung between the trees and protected the drivers by leaning the odd haybale against a few of the bigger trees.  The organizers were much more concerned about the temperature of the podium champagne than about any safety measures.  There is no way you could drive modern GP cars around the old circuit.  There is a modern version of the track available for GTR2.  I know it is possible to convert GPL tracks to GTR2 but I don't know if it is possible to convert the other way around.  I suspect that both versions of the track for GPL would have to be made from scratch.

Edited by benzman, Apr 23 2012 - 01:02 PM.


#9 MECH

MECH

    Double poly killer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here ->
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 23 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Postbenzman, on Apr 23 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

There is a modern version of the track available for GTR2.  I know it is possible to convert GPL tracks to GTR2 but I don't know if it is possible to convert the other way around.  I suspect that both versions of the track for GPL would have to be made from scratch.

Just for fun i had a look if gp3togpl could convert Albert Park to a GPL track but it serves me with an error at step 1.
So that's a no go i'm afraid  :idunno:

Cheers,

Martin

GPL utilities 3dostrn,GPLRecord,GPLMixdrivers, GPLCarswitcher and the GPL Comic-book of Monza check my website





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links