Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:GPL. Nascar. DTM. MOTO GP
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 30 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hi all.
I've installed the racing line of Phil Flack.
It says pick dat, pick groove (Of gpl replay analizer)up to here is everything OK, but when it says pick centerline i don't have anything to choose.
Someone has the link to the page of centerlines?. I think it was from the old RSC

#2 s2173

s2173

Skymole

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted Jan 30 2012 - 09:32 PM

Well, I think that site is down for now... I had a talk about it with Al Heller, he send me the .cln's of all tracks in gpl, muchausen, challenge ahd historic rank. Obviously .cln's are quite hard to extract and noone does it anymore, but probably some ppl have more tracks... I'l post the ranks cln's here, hope its not against some rules.

Attached File  CLN GPL Rank.7z   279.15K   80 downloadsAttached File  CLN Challenge Rank.7z   108.73K   69 downloadsAttached File  CLN Munchausen Rank.7z   67.21K   60 downloadsAttached File  CLN Historic Rank.7z   135.6K   61 downloads

You also have to put the groove.mip in the track folder, or it wont work right...

Attached File  groove.7z   510bytes   72 downloads

#3 Pablo_Fernandez

Pablo_Fernandez

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:GPL. Nascar. DTM. MOTO GP

Posted Jan 30 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Posts2173, on Jan 30 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

Well, I think that site is down for now... I had a talk about it with Al Heller, he send me the .cln's of all tracks in gpl, muchausen, challenge ahd historic rank. Obviously .cln's are quite hard to extract and noone does it anymore, but probably some ppl have more tracks... I'l post the ranks cln's here, hope its not against some rules.

Attachment CLN GPL Rank.7zAttachment CLN Challenge Rank.7zAttachment CLN Munchausen Rank.7zAttachment CLN Historic Rank.7z

You also have to put the groove.mip in the track folder, or it wont work right...

Attachment groove.7z
That's what I needed. Now it works well.
Thanks a lot!

#4 vosblod - guest

vosblod - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 31 2012 - 04:44 AM

Attached is my complete collection of CLN's.
Also, with some tracks, you sometimes find the track surface looks like a zebra crossing after regrooving. In that case dropping the attached groove.mip file into the track folder should fix it.

PS: just noticed Sky has already provided the groove file; anyway you only need to use it for some tracks...

Attached Files

Edited by vosblod, Jan 31 2012 - 04:46 AM.

#5 marianoaspen

marianoaspen

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Feb 08 2012 - 06:33 PM

Thanks guys. Site is down!

#6 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 09:15 AM

Anyone have centerline file for Monthlery 1966?

#7 Larko29

Larko29

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 02:03 PM

Pavel I don't believe that one was made for that track. Border Reiver is the one with the knowledge of how to make them.

Speaking of which, Rob is there any chance you would consider making a .cln file for Brands67? We have 4 different ranks that use this track and it would be great to be able to regroove it. I and others would appreciate it I'm sure.

Craig

#8 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostLarko29, on Feb 09 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Speaking of which, Rob is there any chance you would consider making a .cln file for Brands67? We have 4 different ranks that use this track and it would be great to be able to regroove it. I and others would appreciate it I'm sure.

Craig
That's a groovy idea.  :thumbup:

(Well somebody had to say it, didn't they??!)  :P  :tomato:   :D

#9 AndersOE

AndersOE

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Simracing and american cars from the fiftees

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 02:14 AM

Why not use the one for Brands67 that is available.

Anders

Attached Files

Edited by AndersOE, Feb 10 2012 - 02:15 AM.

#10 Larko29

Larko29

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 05:38 AM

AndersOE

Thank you :thumbup: never knew it existed :idunno:, many thanks for posting, and to Rob or Phil for creating

Craig  :hat-tip:

#11 Jhalli

Jhalli

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostPavel, on Feb 09 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Anyone have centerline file for Monthlery 1966?

cln file for Monthlery66 should be great !   ill be gladly help to creating this if possible, maybe Rob can help with this too . :)

Edited by Jhalli, Feb 10 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#12 Border Reiver - guest

Border Reiver - guest
  • Guests

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 07:46 AM

It was me I think, with prior permission from Dave Sabre who made the track and said it was OK to release it.

I'll have a look at Monthlery when I get time, although since I know how it was made I suspect that it will never be properly happy, in much the same way as the AI will never be 100% happy there either. That track really is a case in point for using a deliberately mismatched trk and 3do file since what you look at and what you drive on are not the same thing, or at least, they don't have to be. ;) (Mind you, doing that would still not help with regrooving since that does not work properly for tracks where the trk and 3do are not matched....)

Rob

Edited by Border Reiver, Feb 10 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#13 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostLarko29, on Feb 10 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

AndersOE

Thank you :thumbup: never knew it existed :idunno:, many thanks for posting, and to Rob or Phil for creating

Craig  :hat-tip:

Same here. Always wanted it but never knew it existed. Really necessary for getting that strange line through South Bend that only seems to work in the GPL version.

Thanks very much  :hat-tip:

#14 villeneuve27

villeneuve27

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 03:30 AM

I'm after a cln file for Road America (track folder elkhart), does anyone have it?

If not, how hard is it to create a cln file from scratch? I have some programming skills but no understanding of the file formats.

#15 Border Reiver - guest

Border Reiver - guest
  • Guests

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 04:11 AM

Having looked at several of the Noonan converted ICR2 -> GPL tracks with that in mind, I would be very surprised if it would work since none of the others do.

Basically, it only works for tracks made using Phil's track making tools. The Nooonan converted tracks and also John Black's Oulton Park did not use Phil's track compiler. As a result of this, they will not regroove using Phil's Racing Line tool. There are also some other cases where stuff goes weird for other tracks too, but that particular group don't ever seem to work, despite many hours trying.

Rob

Edited by Border Reiver, Apr 24 2012 - 04:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links