Dr Tooth

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostDHosein, on Jan 28 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

No reason we couldn't have an F2 or 69x TotalRank in the meantime though - but no sign of either of these yet.

The guys at GPLRank aren't so quick to make changes as they used to be, that's one reason I put the GPL Rank Tracker spreadsheet together. OK - I can't compare my times online with that.. but least I can compete against benchmarks.

The difference with the new mods compared to some before is that Ed has to rewright to code to GPLRank, and as all work is done in our spare time it may take some time to do. As for GPLRA Martin has not been involved in GPL for a long long time so if he does rewright the code it is by pure kindness, we just have to wait, they all do this for free and give it to us for free, we owe them a big thank you  :thumbup:

Dr Tooth

#32 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostDr Tooth, on Jan 28 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

... we owe them a big thank you  :thumbup:

Dr Tooth

Thank You  :hat-tip:

sorry, couldn't resist. Even when Ed does get done with the code, we won't get a F2Rank until Sudschleiffe gets finished which is still a long way away, if ever. Would it be possible to perhaps have a F2 Non-championship Rank or similar in the meantime? Or perhaps a F2v1 rank with Nordschleiffe substitute?

#33 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

• Members
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 05:49 AM

actually the thought is to not include "suds" in the rank for the time being as it is not available to the public. it can be added to the rank later without the need to recreate the rank. so you will do a rank that is one track short of what it should be. and if and when "suds" is releases, you will just have to do one more track then to complete your rank again. to substitute "suds" with another track, even the full ring would be silly, in my opinion, and would only get you another rank like 65v1 and v2 with only one track difference (which to be quite frank i find daft). and one would be a "real" rank, the other wouldn't.

trust me, you would not want a beta "suds" as it is now. it's fun to drive, yes, but it's also off by about a country mile (or the equivalent in non-imperial distances) from the standards of tracks being released at this time. and we would like to keep these standards or even improve on them ;)

#34 saampjes

saampjes

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:drumming, medieval literature

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hondamans problem:

I'm using Firefox, and the Brands67 F2 times, by 20 uploaders at the moment, all in F2 cars seems all right with me. Ed mentioned earlier a bug in Internet Explorer, which he does not use. Maybe this is helpful?

René

uh, nevermind, you were talking about statistics. You are right, this doesn't seem to work.

Edited by saampjes, Jan 29 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#35 Hondaman

Hondaman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 10:25 AM

View Postsky, on Jan 28 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

ugh hondaman, i think for the time being you can see that the implementation of the two ranks is being worked on but the implementation is not yet completed. go check "my rank" or "107%" - you will not find those two mods there just yet. as urban has said, give ed some time to return so he can finish up his work there. :thumbup:

also thanks to ed and martin for their continued work on gplrank and gplreplay analyzer :thumbup:

Of course, I saw that the rank implementation was not complete, understandably since the Sudscheleife is not even out yet.

I just assumed that since the fastest laps function was available, that the statistics function would be as well because it is not related to ranks.
I just thought it would be useful to be aware that there might be a bug.

But you're right, we must be patient and just be thankful to have this mod available even if not 100% complete. I'll take whatever improvement when it's good and ready. I can wait.

Thanks to all involved for your wonderful work. :thumbup:

#36 Larko29

Larko29

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 02:59 PM

Great to hear that a rank is planned for the F2's Sky

Thanks to Ed and Urban for your ongoing admin of GPL Rank

Craig

#37 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Postsky, on Jan 29 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

actually the thought is to not include "suds" in the rank for the time being as it is not available to the public. it can be added to the rank later without the need to recreate the rank. so you will do a rank that is one track short of what it should be. and if and when "suds" is releases, you will just have to do one more track then to complete your rank again. to substitute "suds" with another track, even the full ring would be silly, in my opinion, and would only get you another rank like 65v1 and v2 with only one track difference (which to be quite frank i find daft). and one would be a "real" rank, the other wouldn't.

trust me, you would not want a beta "suds" as it is now. it's fun to drive, yes, but it's also off by about a country mile (or the equivalent in non-imperial distances) from the standards of tracks being released at this time. and we would like to keep these standards or even improve on them ;)

Fantastic, agreed and absolutely. Thanks Sky

#38 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted Jan 29 2012 - 07:43 PM

It's great that the F2 and 69x modes already are in gplrank.

Also, if the admins need some help checking laps to do new ranks (or even to add "verified hot laps" to existing mods), I would be pleased to help you/them. Please PM me if you need some help.

Cheers, Marcos Mirande

#39 tobodestroyer

tobodestroyer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 03:36 PM

HI,

Am I being silly or is it still not possible to see the F2 and 69X ranks in "Show My Ranks"

#40 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Mar 07 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Posttobodestroyer, on Mar 07 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

HI,

Am I being silly or is it still not possible to see the F2 and 69X ranks in "Show My Ranks"
No your are not silly we will have to wait a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ,loooooooooooooonger ,looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogest time befor we will see the light .
:wave:

Edited by svenvangent, Mar 07 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#41 CraigT

CraigT

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Golf
    Racing

Posted Mar 08 2012 - 09:50 AM

Is Ed OK?

#42 Bastian Grupp

Bastian Grupp

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 11:21 AM

In my 67f2 Rank it uploaded several Lap times on tracks i didnt drive.

I just raced on Enna and Vallelunga, but i have times for zanndvoort etc.

anyone else has this (bug)?

#43 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted Apr 01 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostBastian Grupp, on Apr 01 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

In my 67f2 Rank it uploaded several Lap times on tracks i didnt drive.

I just raced on Enna and Vallelunga, but i have times for zanndvoort etc.

anyone else has this (bug)?
Hallo Bastian ,

Is it the first time that you upload laptimes for the 69X Mod ? ....... if so than you have the same problem like i had the first time i loaded laptimes from the new 69X Mod this is because when you have installed the new 69XMod you have laptimes from the 67 F1 laptimes in your plaX69 season file that you can find in ... c:/sierra/gpl/players/players name and than plaX69 there you will have to delete those laptimes than go to GPLRank and delete your laptimes trou self service .
Im not sure for you but i had to delete all my laptimes when i had this isseu and reupload all my laptimes again in GPLRank .
It is not a big deal easy to do .

Ooooo yes ..... and welcome  :hat-tip:

greets  :hat-tip:

Edited by svenvangent, Apr 01 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#44 Bastian Grupp

Bastian Grupp

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hello Sven,
thx for welcoming me.

It's exactly like you said, but
not with the 69x but with the 67f2.

I will fix the false laptimes.

#45 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted Apr 02 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostBastian Grupp, on Apr 02 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Hello Sven,
thx for welcoming me.

It's exactly like you said, but
not with the 69x but with the 67f2.

I will fix the false laptimes.
Hoy Basttian ,
Ahaaa ok , its for the F2mod think i'll be the same , no no no it is the same for the F2Mod , had also this problem the first time now i remember yes yes , any way the same story go's for the F2Mod .

:wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links