Jump to content


- - - - -

Gplrank New F2Mod And 69X


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 svenvangent

svenvangent

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 26 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hallo DHosein ,

Bingooooooooooo , job is done for the F2Mod specialRank  :yeah:
Ok , you will see some strange coulers , i think they will speak for them self if not ...... red is hard stuff baby , orange colour chould be ... normal ( but what is normal ? :P  ) and mister green is , easy peasy weasy soft cake .
So here you go , if you got any question about the benchmark laptimes .... don't ask :P no seriously ask .
Hope you like it and a 1000 thanks to give me this possibility to do this . :hat-tip:
See the picture for the benchmark laptimes .

greets svenvangent  :hat-tip:

Edited by svenvangent, Jan 26 2012 - 10:23 AM.


#17 svenvangent

svenvangent

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 26 2012 - 05:06 PM

Little update ,
Done the sum of all laptimes plus the ranking of the first car(McLaren M4A) .

greets .

Edited by svenvangent, Jan 26 2012 - 05:07 PM.


#18 svenvangent

svenvangent

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 06:27 AM

Ok i'm gonna write it here ,

Its about the slipstream in the F2Mod hmmmmmmmm .
Am i the only one when racing against the AI that i have a big advantage versus the AI regards the slipstream ?
For example , at Le Mans on the long Mulsanne straight i'm far behind the AI , in no time i can come back behind the AI because of the slipstream , no problem with that :P  but at one moment i'm racing on the same track with no AI in front of me not even in the far distance and the first car is the Brabham BT23 he is 3/4 cars behind me , we come on the long long Mulsanne straight the brabham BT23 stay 3/4 cars behind me all the way :huh:
Is there a possibility to decrease the slipstream for the human car or can we speed-up the slipstream for the AI ?

greets svenvangent :wave:

Edited by svenvangent, Jan 27 2012 - 06:45 AM.


#19 ed76

ed76

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rouen
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 07:37 AM

I think the best solution would you redo the race.lp from one of your replays, as the AI will have the same path as you and are therefore often better placed for slipstream .

#20 Border Reiver - guest

Border Reiver - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 07:38 AM

The AI and you do not have the same physics.

If the AI stays at a constant distance behind you it probably means that it has hit the upper speed limit that it is allowed to go at by the ini file and so it cannot close on you since you both are now travelling with the same speed, you at your drag limited speed and the AI at the settings limited speed.

The big problem with the AI is that they are not actually driving or racing you; they are following some fixed lines according to various rules that are put in about how fast they can go, how much grip they have, how quickly they can change speed and also according to instructions that let them change from one of these lines to a different one of these lines to try to pass. Depending on the track and how the AI lines were set up you might also find that the AI doesn't know that it is allowed to try to make a draft pass since it might not be getting the instruction that tells it that it is on a long straight and it can draft pass, so instead it is happy to sit behind you at a fixed distance because that is the "rule" that it is following since no one told it any different. The AI does not watch your driving and learn from it, it only follows rules about how it should behave if this or that happens.

The bottom line is that if you want to have a proper race then you have to race against real people. In some cases the AI can give you a good race and it can be quite convincing that you are in a "real" race, but you are still in the end only racing against cars that are just following a set of rules and instructions.

Rob

#21 svenvangent

svenvangent

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 08:06 AM

View Posted76, on Jan 27 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I think the best solution would you redo the race.lp from one of your replays, as the AI will have the same path as you and are therefore often better placed for slipstream .
Hallo Ed76 ,
Yes , one day i chould try to give it a go to learn how to make a AI file , tried in the past to read some stuf but it is a bit complex  :P .

greets  :wave:

Edited by svenvangent, Jan 27 2012 - 08:13 AM.


#22 svenvangent

svenvangent

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostBorder Reiver, on Jan 27 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

The AI and you do not have the same physics.

If the AI stays at a constant distance behind you it probably means that it has hit the upper speed limit that it is allowed to go at by the ini file and so it cannot close on you since you both are now travelling with the same speed, you at your drag limited speed and the AI at the settings limited speed.

The big problem with the AI is that they are not actually driving or racing you; they are following some fixed lines according to various rules that are put in about how fast they can go, how much grip they have, how quickly they can change speed and also according to instructions that let them change from one of these lines to a different one of these lines to try to pass. Depending on the track and how the AI lines were set up you might also find that the AI doesn't know that it is allowed to try to make a draft pass since it might not be getting the instruction that tells it that it is on a long straight and it can draft pass, so instead it is happy to sit behind you at a fixed distance because that is the "rule" that it is following since no one told it any different. The AI does not watch your driving and learn from it, it only follows rules about how it should behave if this or that happens.

The bottom line is that if you want to have a proper race then you have to race against real people. In some cases the AI can give you a good race and it can be quite convincing that you are in a "real" race, but you are still in the end only racing against cars that are just following a set of rules and instructions.

Rob
hallo Rob ,
Sure nothing better than racing online against real humans ..... but !
Thanks for the info .
greets :hat-tip:

#23 Lee200

Lee200

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 10:16 AM

Rob did a good job of explaining how the AI work.

I just checked the player and AI drafting settings in the physics and the F2 settings are slightly different from the '66 mod.  I don't think those differences would cause the AI to behave much differently though.  To be honest, there was no time to test the AI at many tracks other than the championship ones so drafting at LeMans wasn't even a consideration in the mad rush to get the mod out for Christmas.

The .lp files do contain flags that signal where the AI can and cannot pass.  So if the .lp files aren't good, then the AI won't be either.

I seem to remember that we had a passing problem at LeMans on the Mulsanne with the Sport Cars, but someone discovered that the original min and max race.lp files were reversed.  Once they were swapped, the AI would pass like crazy.  You could do a search here for that thread.

#24 CraigT

CraigT

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Interests:Golf
    Racing

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 02:49 PM

View Postsvenvangent, on Jan 23 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Just went to the GPLRank and to my good surprise there chould be two new ranks for F2Mod and 69x but i can't see them ? :idunno:
On the other hand i can see the OvalRank .
Have Internet explosion 7 running .

:hat-tip:

Can anyone see them yet?

#25 saampjes

saampjes

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:drumming, medieval literature
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 03:06 PM

My guess would be that Südschleife is required for a F2-rank, and that might take some time?

René

#26 DHosein

DHosein

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL: TotalRank

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 04:48 AM

No reason we couldn't have an F2 or 69x TotalRank in the meantime though - but no sign of either of these yet.

The guys at GPLRank aren't so quick to make changes as they used to be, that's one reason I put the GPL Rank Tracker spreadsheet together. OK - I can't compare my times online with that.. but least I can compete against benchmarks.

#27 Dr Tooth

Dr Tooth

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostCraigT, on Jan 27 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

View Postsvenvangent, on Jan 23 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Just went to the GPLRank and to my good surprise there chould be two new ranks for F2Mod and 69x but i can't see them ? :idunno:
On the other hand i can see the OvalRank .
Have Internet explosion 7 running .

:hat-tip:

Can anyone see them yet?

Ed is away for some time but will fix this when he is back  :wave:

Dr Tooth

#28 CraigT

CraigT

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Interests:Golf
    Racing

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 09:22 AM

Ah..thanks

#29 Hondaman

Hondaman

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

I'm glad to see that GPLRank now supports the 1977-F2mod as well as the 1969-Extra mod. Thank you for that! :clap2:

I would like to report a bug in the "Multiple Choice Hell - Statistics" option.

I wanted to know the statistics for the F2 mod at Brands Hatch 1967 and realized that the results didn't make sense. After some research, I found that the results were for the 1967 original.
I started over making sure that the F2mod was selected: same result.

So I requested statistics for F2mod at Zandvoort 1967 to check if the bug was track related but the results were also for the 1967 original.

There! bug reported. :)

Thanks for your work! :thumbup:

#30 sky

sky

    ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the last haven for petrolheads
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 28 2012 - 03:51 PM

ugh hondaman, i think for the time being you can see that the implementation of the two ranks is being worked on but the implementation is not yet completed. go check "my rank" or "107%" - you will not find those two mods there just yet. as urban has said, give ed some time to return so he can finish up his work there. :thumbup:

also thanks to ed and martin for their continued work on gplrank and gplreplay analyzer :thumbup:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links