Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Golf
    Racing

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 04:10 PM

Where is a good place to find them?
I just installed the mod but I haven't been able to find any setups for it...

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 06:16 PM

It seems to have taken some time for the 69 Extra mod to start getting added to the TotalRank. Martin Granberg is currently investigating updating Replay Analyser to add the mod, so I think there's a chance it might get added to GPLRank as well. Without a place to upload times and compare them, I think people have been a little slow in starting to use the mod.

If you want to find some quick-and-dirty setups, a lot of the '69 Extra cars are the same or similar to cars in previous mods, so a good start might be just to transfer across an older setup and tweak it a little.

You could use '69 mod setups for the Brabham BT26a, BRM, Lotus 63, McLaren M7, Ferrari 312, Lotus 49B and Matra MS80. The Lotus 49, Brabham BT24 and Cooper could probably use '67 setups, although I think the engine power may have been tweaked upwards slightly to reflect two years of development which might make a difference. At first glance the two new Matra models (MS10 and MS84) seem fairly similar to the MS80, so you may get away with similar setups. I'm not too sure about the Brabham BT20, the Eagle or the McLaren M9A, I've hardly tried those yet. Although I did try the M9A around the Isle of Man a while ago, and I found it surprisingly lacking in grip, even though it's supposed to have wings. My best time with it was more than 30 seconds slower than the other winged cars I tried!

#3 CraigT

CraigT

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Golf
    Racing

Posted Nov 06 2011 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions
It's good to know I'm not crazy. I just couldn't understand why there didn't seem to be any setups posted

#4 HerrGott

HerrGott

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted May 22 2012 - 08:33 AM

hi

monsterrank 69x setups

all setups like saiph said.... bt26,brm,lotus 49b and 63,ferrari 312,ms80 and m7 are from org. 69(bit changed sometimes).....lotus 49,cooper and bt24 similar to 67.....ms10,ms84 and m9a close to 69...ms10 less wings infront,ms84 shorter and stiffer,m9a more wings....aar101 is the eagle t1f(climax 2,7l) from 1966, so same setup....bt20 is similar to bt19, 1966..... feel free to copy,post or change the name or settings...

only use ingame setups!!!!!! some setups seen in gem+ but not ingame and changed, some called copy,but the are changed

greets HerrGott
gplrank: Dario Gerholdt

Attached Files

Edited by HerrGott, May 22 2012 - 08:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links