svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • Interests:cxxvcxcx

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hallo Guy's ,

for the moment i'm enjoying a lot the 65Mod ( for that i would like to say thanks to the creaters of this mod ) , but something made me curious and that is ..... during a race i notice/remark that there is no slipstream like you have when you would race the 67Org .
For example at Zandvoort if i come out of a last turn ( pulleveld passing huzaren vlak than for the straight line ) the AI is a bit slower than me so i can almost knock on the AI driver in front of me his helmet just to say how close i am , never the less they alway's managed to accelerate faster than me .
I know that there is a Patch ( which i used over the 65Mod org install) for the 65Mod to prevent to much slipstream but here i feel there is realy no slipstream .
the question is when they brought the patch for the 65Mod out did they removed total slipstream ?

greets  :hat-tip:

#2 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 04:25 AM

I'm sure it hasn't been removed, but reduced nonetheless. However, as soon as you compare your own driving with that of the AIs, too many factors come into play that can negate this advantage, especially greater longitudinal acceleration. Have you experienced this at other tracks as well, e.g. Monza?

#3 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 04:46 AM

View PostFloP, on Oct 27 2011 - 04:25 AM, said:

I'm sure it hasn't been removed, but reduced nonetheless. However, as soon as you compare your own driving with that of the AIs, too many factors come into play that can negate this advantage, especially greater longitudinal acceleration. Have you experienced this at other tracks as well, e.g. Monza?
Hallo flop ,

thanks for your answer , and to answer on your question yes , yesterday i did a race at Mosport there i had the same situation coming out of the turn" moss "where you can get realy closs to your opponent ( in may case the AI drivers ) i had the same issue where we where racing full speed than i had to break a little bit otherway's it was boem pattat bang bang so i placed me directly behind the AI driver hoping to profit of the slipstream but ...... bye bye he was ok , not extremely but compared to the 67Org it a big difference .
Any way this will not stop me to race with the 65ers .

Edited by svenvangent, Oct 27 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#4 thomass

thomass

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 05:32 AM

I guess the AI is not a good reference to judge slipstream effects. AI just does its own thing - physics wise and driving behaviour wise. You might see slipstream effects in your laptimes. You'll have to find an online server with a fast track and some RI circuiting it.

Thomas
Grand Prix Legends is not a racing simulator...

...it simulates racing cars on race tracks - but - the racing is real!
Find out about real racing with GPL: GPLRACER Mods Racing League

#5 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 05:47 AM

View Postthomass, on Oct 27 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

I guess the AI is not a good reference to judge slipstream effects. AI just does its own thing - physics wise and driving behaviour wise. You might see slipstream effects in your laptimes. You'll have to find an online server with a fast track and some RI circuiting it.

Thomas
Hallo Thomas ,
Thanks , but when i'm racing with the 67ers AI you can see realy good when the slipstream comes in action .
And with the GTMod i think there is to much slipstream but than again it is normale because of the body constructer i think but fun to race .
greets

Edited by svenvangent, Oct 27 2011 - 05:53 AM.

#6 Pavel

Pavel

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 10:02 AM

View Postsvenvangent, on Oct 27 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

...For example at Zandvoort if i come out of a last turn ( pulleveld passing huzaren vlak than for the straight line ) the AI is a bit slower than me so i can almost knock on the AI driver in front of me his helmet just to say how close i am ...

Hi,
Some of GPL default tracks have corners where AI is too slow. Once I decided to fix it. Here is Zandvoort AI with improved last corner. Maybe you will like it. I also have Monaco, Kyalami, Spa, Silverstone fixes. If it's needed I will upload it too.

Attached Files

#7 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 11:08 AM

Improved AI are always appreciated. Thanks, Pavel!

#8 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 11:19 AM

View PostPavel, on Oct 27 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

...For example at Zandvoort if i come out of a last turn ( pulleveld passing huzaren vlak than for the straight line ) the AI is a bit slower than me so i can almost knock on the AI driver in front of me his helmet just to say how close i am ...

Hi,
Some of GPL default tracks have corners where AI is too slow. Once I decided to fix it. Here is Zandvoort AI with improved last corner. Maybe you will like it. I also have Monaco, Kyalami, Spa, Silverstone fixes. If it's needed I will upload it too.
Pavel thanks for that and if you are in the mood please be my gast of honour to throw the other fixed AI track to .
:hat-tip:

#9 Pavel

Pavel

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 12:52 PM

Ok,

Kyalami has improved Barbeque and Sunset Bends.

Monaco has imroved section from Mirabeau to Portier. BUT This is fix for Monaco with right chicane - Monacane. I race with AI only there. And I have only one Monaco track but I create switch to select between chicane's versions in it( this is from other topic :) ).

Silverstone has improved section from Maggotts to Chapel and Abbey turn.

Spa has improved Les Combes, right turn before La Carriere, Blanchimont and left turn before La Source.

I tried to keep benchmark times unchanged on all this tracks.

Attached Files

#10 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 01:03 PM

Excellent, thank you very much! :thumbup:

#11 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 134 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 01:06 PM

Thanks very much Pavel - I am a big fan of your improved AI for the sportscars and look forward to giving these a try.
The monacane file is particularly welcome.

:thumbup:

#12 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 01:12 PM

Thanks pavel ,  question i see there is also a lpfile with in must we place with each track.ini also the lpfile to ?
may i ask you one more thing please ?
if so i have a track calling  Wild South Raceway 1984 and with this track when i do a practice only 7 AI cars are doing a practice the rest stay for a while and than leave the pit .
This problem i had also with Clermont-Ferrand but asked if some good give me his 6 Lpfile i think Bob gave me these and from that moment i had no problem anymore .
So could you place this 6 lpfile for this track (Wild South Raceway 1984)  here in the hoop i have the same good result as i had with Clermont-Ferrand .
you can find it here  http://gpltd.bcsims....nu=Show_Letters if you don't know which track i mean it is the penultimate in yello

greets svenvangent

Edited by svenvangent, Oct 27 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#13 Pavel

Pavel

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 01:49 PM

View Postsvenvangent, on Oct 27 2011 - 01:12 PM, said:

Thanks pavel ,  question i see there is also a lpfile with in must we place with each track.ini also the lpfile to ?
may i ask you one more thing please ?

Because speed was increased for some corners in lp files and to keep lap times on same level I ad just AI speeds in track.ini. So for correct work you need lp's and track ini files.

View Postsvenvangent, on Oct 27 2011 - 01:12 PM, said:

if so i have a track calling  Wild South Raceway 1984 and with this track when i do a practice only 7 AI cars are doing a practice the rest stay for a while and than leave the pit .
This problem i had also with Clermont-Ferrand but asked if some good give me his 6 Lpfile i think Bob gave me these and from that moment i had no problem anymore .
So could you place this 6 lpfile for this track (Wild South Raceway 1984)  here in the hoop i have the same good result as i had with Clermont-Ferrand .
you can find it here  http://gpltd.bcsims....nu=Show_Letters if you don't know which track i mean it is the penultimate in yello

Usually when AI cars don't leave pits is cause by errors in track.ini. I know Ezechiel47 can help you.

BTW Here is my Clermont fixed lps :)

Attached Files

#14 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Enzo Ferrari

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 02:14 PM

Thanks Pavel, I will certainly try your AIs. It is true your AIs for the GT were a real improvement. :thumbup:

#15 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:GPL, F1, MotoGP

Posted Oct 27 2011 - 04:43 PM

Hallo Guy's ,

for the moment i'm enjoying a lot the 65Mod ( for that i would like to say thanks to the creaters of this mod ) , but something made me curious and that is ..... during a race i notice/remark that there is no slipstream like you have when you would race the 67Org .
For example at Zandvoort if i come out of a last turn ( pulleveld passing huzaren vlak than for the straight line ) the AI is a bit slower than me so i can almost knock on the AI driver in front of me his helmet just to say how close i am , never the less they alway's managed to accelerate faster than me .
I know that there is a Patch ( which i used over the 65Mod org install) for the 65Mod to prevent to much slipstream but here i feel there is realy no slipstream .
the question is when they brought the patch for the 65Mod out did they removed total slipstream ?

Hallo Sven

When you race online with real people you will learn that there is a slipstream in the 65s!
But it is not very strong, but if you get nearer to a car it suddenly increases very much!
Last season I did my first 65 online season with the novices at UKGPL,
I had a very bad accident rearending S2173 in the fight for the lead.
I had the feeling that S2173 did brake early, but in Replay Analyzer I saw, that my car was suddenly doing a jump forward.

CU on track  :thumbup:

Greetings
Axel
Greetings

Axel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links