8 replies to this topic

#1 bcobbus

bcobbus

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jun 05 2011 - 07:20 PM

So it seems I have found another quandry!

So basically when I try to play the 66 mod as soon as I try to access it from GEM it crashes to the desktop. I have no problems with any of the other carsets/mods. In fact for a time after it started acting up today I could access the 66 mod screens, but when attempting to load a track it would crash like before back to the desktop. I dont think it is a sound file issue as I have never done anything with the sound files prior to this happening. I have played the 66 mod for sometime before this and now I am sort of at a loss as to why it decided to have an issue all the sudden. Hopefully it is a simple fix, I reinstalled to current patch but that did not seem to make a difference.

Pleae Help!

Bryan

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,284 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 05 2011 - 09:10 PM

Look at the season.ini file that you use for the 66 mod.  Open it > File > Save as... and make sure that it is using ANSI encoding.

#3 bcobbus

bcobbus

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jun 05 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yeah it has that encodening. I think it went south when I tried to race at Kyalami with the 66 mod in the 67 season. I race in alternate seasons all the time so I dont think I should matter, right?

#4 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Jun 06 2011 - 04:54 AM

Have you tried recreating a new exe by deleting the old one?

I've had a corrupt exe in the past which only was repairable by removing the gplc66.exe and let GEM built a new one.
At some point i even had a corrupt gpl.exe which meant i had to restore it from the cd and repatch again.

#5 bcobbus

bcobbus

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jun 06 2011 - 05:55 PM

Forgive me for being a newbie but how does one do that with the 66exe and then have GEM rebuild it?

#6 Alhazred

Alhazred

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted Jun 06 2011 - 07:17 PM

You just delete gplc66.exe from your gpl folder and the next time you start and close gem it will rebuild.

#7 bcobbus

bcobbus

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jun 06 2011 - 08:03 PM

Ok, tried that and it does not make any difference. It the any easy way to just uninstall the 66 mod and then start all over installing it again without have to go and delete every file first?

#8 Jon_Mitchell

Jon_Mitchell

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Jun 07 2011 - 04:27 AM

I was having this when re-installing GPL and all the mods last week - in my case I didn't read the instructions on the update patch;

"It is ESSENTIAL to remove the gpl66 folder from mods/gem+ before installing this version."

If you've done the same as me then just delete that folder and reinstall everything, worked fine.

#9 bcobbus

bcobbus

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jun 07 2011 - 05:27 PM

Amazing! It worked! Thanks for the advice and like usual if I had paid more attention to the instructions my life would have been much easier!

THanks again to all who helped!

Bryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links