Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:/.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 17 2011 - 01:34 PM

hi Guys,

here is Ginetto's Brands Hatch 67 high res , updated and fixed (with installer) , thanks go to Dave Sabre for allowing permission for this to be released .

Ginetto has updated some of gfx and fixed a number of problems with the track like the weird bump at the exit of the pits and the disco problems , so now you should be able to enjoy Brands Hatch in full high res without the worry of getting a disco online . hopefully brands can now be taken off some leagues track blacklists .

Attached File  GPL_ltrackinstall_brands67v1.0_HR.exe.zip   8.84MB   3602 downloads
thanks go to Ginetto for this .

john

Original track download link: http://dixierunners.....net/brands1967

#2 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 18 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks Ginetto  :hat-tip:   and John for posting  :thumbup:

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Apr 18 2011 - 07:52 PM

If I already have Brands installed, can I just run this installer over the top of the older files? Or will that mess things up?

#4 john roberts

john roberts

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:/.

Posted Apr 18 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostSaiph, on Apr 18 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

If I already have Brands installed, can I just run this installer over the top of the older files? Or will that mess things up?

i think you can install over the top , however you could move the old brands67 folder first (say to your desktop) or delete it and then install if worried .

john

Edited by john roberts, Apr 18 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#5 Border Reiver - guest

Border Reiver - guest
  • Guests

Posted Apr 19 2011 - 04:02 AM

View Postjohn roberts, on Apr 18 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

View PostSaiph, on Apr 18 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

i think you can install over the top , however you could move the old brands67 folder first (say to your desktop) or delete it and then install if worried .

john

Yes, I think I'd go into the gpl/tracks folder and then name the current brands67 to brands67_original, or move the folder somewhere else. That way, if you do have a problem in the future you can easily swap back to this original folder. Having done that, you can then run the installer as normal and it will create a new brands67 folder.

If you just install over an existing folder, if you already have any loose track files in there, such as add on 3dos or mips etc. then these would still get used and might confuse things, so it is always safest to back up the current folder and then let the installer make a nice new clean folder.

Rob

#6 JohnnyFiama

JohnnyFiama

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted Apr 19 2011 - 06:20 AM

Make sure you copy some of the mod specific files (like driver ini's) to the new Brands folder.

#7 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Apr 19 2011 - 09:51 AM

I've copied over all the mod-specific stuff as Johnny mentioned. I also had some 69-mod ".369" and ".m69" files in the old directory, but these seem to be for the optional bridge and lap board which I don't have installed, so I've left those out. Everything seems to be working fine, the circuit looks very nice.

Thanks Ginetto and John.  :thumbup:  :clap2:

#8 DuncanS

DuncanS

Jochen Mass

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Music & Light!

Posted Apr 19 2011 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for this and the Riverside fixes Ginetto, I just tried them and they both work well. It's ages since I drove at Riverside, forgot what fun it was, in fact both tracks are challenging, so thanks to all involved.

#9 Arno

Arno

Cevert 73

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:GPL of course and GoKart

Posted Apr 29 2011 - 02:49 AM

Thanks a lot for the update. It's always a pleasure for me to discover new graphics on a GPL track !  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

#10 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Apr 29 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi,
I want to thanks Ginetto for this update.

I found a little problem with one of the tree's srb. You can see it on pictures. When car is far tree is upside-down, when car become closer tree is changing to normal view. I think it is a problem with one of subimages. So I've made a fix with WinMip. Now all is ok.

Attached Files

#11 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 02 2011 - 12:02 PM

Hi guys,

here is the downgraded voodoo/ low resolution/ server version of Ginetto`s fixed version by Achim Kraft.

Thx to Achim Kraft for doing the voodoo version and Ginetto for creating the installer and of course Dave Sabre & team for building this track!

Ginetto has added the 65, 66,69 and GT mods specific files (e.g. GT program, ...) to Achim`s voodoo version, which have been left out by Ginetto`s hires version attached in post #1.
(Tip: If you want to have an hires version installed with the mod specific files, then 1st install Achim`s voodoo version and afterwards Ginetto`s hires version. Let it override the voodoo version :) )

Here is Achim`s readme for the voodoo/low resolution/ server version (which is not included in the installation).

readme_brands67_voodoo by Achim Kraft

Hi all !

Based on the great track from Dave Sabre and Paul Jackson from February 9th, 2004 Ginetto make a fix to clear all the online problems. For this the complete track was designed as HR-Version in a fresh installer including the Ginetto-fixes.

On my very old computer i use the Voodoo5 5500 as graphic-card and the 3dfx-rasterizer. Unlucky this graphic-card dont work with any file greater then 256x256 pixel.

I download the track as "GPL_ltrackinstall_brands67v1.0_HR.exe" from Ginetto and install it on my system in a clear folder. After this i unpack the *.DAT-file with WINMIP2 and resized all greater files to max. 256x256 pixel. I do it in a serious way and take the numbers and subimages of the files nearby the originals. Only all HORIZON- and SKY-files i set subimages to zero. Last step i repack the*.DAT-file and test it on my old system. It running very fine and i dont see any wrong effects of the gprapic.

For all users with FPS-problems and/or for use as server-install for online races in hope Ginetto will accept my work and make it public. Only a repack with installer is needed. I let all files for variantes in the folder and check/resize them for size). For "Bridge-in" i resize 2 files and zip it again. Also i unzip the "flag1.3do" and let it in my folder. I hope the files help some users with problems. All credits to the original editor group (see readme.txt in the folder) and Ginetto for the fix.

Greetings Achim Kraft Germany, April 2011

Attached Files

#12 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing | Photography | Computers | Art | Motorsports | Most other sports | Learning | 3D Modeling | Skinning

Posted May 26 2011 - 05:57 PM

Many thanks for this Ginetto and thanks John for putting it up for download.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links