Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostFast Tommi, on Apr 07 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

View Postgabuck, on Apr 07 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Hi ed76

Can't find live links on GLP++ Addon.  Under 'Utilities' Winmip2 comes up with 'Error' and can't find gplviewer.

Any suggestions?

Geoff

hi geoff,
you can find winmip here
winmip

some of my sportscars   :wave:

Thanks for this. I downloaded the prog and have been trying it out quite successfully although it's not quite as easy to get do new clean add-on graphics as I'd expected - wiggly lines etc !

I was wanting to do some mods to the ^&GT Porsche but can't access the mip files - is it possible?

Geoff

#17 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,631 posts
  • Interests:Mountain
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Postgabuck, on Apr 14 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

...I was wanting to do some mods to the ^&GT Porsche but can't access the mip files - is it possible?

Geoff
You just unpack the dat file with DATman then open the mip you want with Winmip2. Should work flawless.
The only mips you cannot open with Winmip2 are the type7 (32bits); with these you need papybmp, the only program suited for this new mip format. :wave:

Edited by Ginetto, Apr 14 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#18 gabuck

gabuck

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostGinetto, on Apr 14 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

View Postgabuck, on Apr 14 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

...I was wanting to do some mods to the ^&GT Porsche but can't access the mip files - is it possible?

Geoff
You just unpack the dat file with DATman then open the mip you want with Winmip2. Should work flawless.
The only mips you cannot open with Winmip2 are the type7 (32bits); with these you need papybmp, the only program suited for this new mip format. :wave:
Thanks Ginetto, this is very useful.
What is does however is raise another issue (don't they always!!) Now I see there are are sorts of alternative colour schemes and drivers I can run. Problem is that I doesnnow how to select the one I want. My 67GT Porsche defaults to a white number 27 whilst I'd prefer the 41 with a red scuttle and a Graham Hill at the wheel. How can I do this?

It seems that whilst I've been using GPL since 1997 (!) and made all sorts of downloads, I've missed out on these basic sorts of techniques.

Geoff

#19 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 08:39 AM

...oups

Edited by ed76, Mar 06 2013 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic