chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 06 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hi folks
does anyone knows how to get the sportscars AI a little smarter ? every time when the leaders are going to lap the back markers, they simply don´t. They just form a crocodile procession behind the back markers and stay there. they don´t even attempt to pass. No matter how fast they are before reaching the back markers, when they get to them, they just stick at their speed and stay there. so, it makes the races relly easy for me. All I have to do is stay behind the leaders ( and they are much faster than me) in about 10th place and wait till they get to the first backmarker. Then , no matter how spreaded they are, they form a single line and reduce to the backmarker pace. When I reach them, is just a matter to get on the longest straight, and overtake them all at once. Then I start to open a 5 seconds gap per lap. At the end of the race I´m at least a lap ahead of the second place. I tryed to change the pass 1 and pass 2 files swaping the order, but it didn´t work, Seems to me that the AIs know only one racing line intead of the three lines they ought to know in order to overtake. Does anyone know the cure for this ?

#2 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 602 posts

Posted Jan 06 2011 - 02:41 PM

If you're talking about Le Mans specifically (or Daytona24h I think), you will probably find this thread helpful: http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=6351

:wave:

#3 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Jan 06 2011 - 06:24 PM

thank you FloP. I downloaded Pavel AI setings for Le mans, Daytona, Sebring and Monza. I am going to have a try.

#4 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Jan 08 2011 - 01:05 PM

the Ai files Pavel did worked perfectely fine for me. Now the AIs behave like real racing drivers. very hard to overtake when fighting for positions and very nice when they´re lapped. I wish Pavel find some time to spare and make similar AI files for Spa, Nurburgring, Targa and brands. These new Ai files give the mod a completely new challange. Thank you Pavel, you´re the AI king !!!

#5 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Jan 08 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi Chris and thanks. I'm pleased that you like my lps.
At Nurburg overtaking is realy hard for this heavy and big cars. Only one thing I can improve is the top speed at long straight which can help alittle with overtaking. Targa...  I haven't made a lap around Targa without 10 crashes yet :D So I don't touch AI there. I have Brand Hatch AI. I've changed some flags in lps to improove overtaking decisions. I will post it. I don't work on Spa because I'm waiting for Spa67. Original lps looking good to me except top speeds at straights for gt cars. I'll check it.

#6 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Jan 08 2011 - 03:56 PM

thank you very much Pavel. I´m eagerly lookimg foward to your Brands lp file. I know Targa Florio will be a little (if not alot) more difficult to elaborate the lp file due to the size of the track and also it´s narrowness. Thera are lots of places that will be impossible to overtake anyway. But I know you´ll finda a way to do it. please tell me where you are going to post the Brands lp file whrn you finnish it.
Best regards
Rock on !!!
Chris

#7 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 354 posts

Posted Jan 08 2011 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for your great job, Pavel.
Your AI files for GT are definitely some "must have".

Ez

PS
To increase the top speed, do you define yourself a new line from a replay with rpytolp tool ? Or other technic ?

#8 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted Jan 09 2011 - 03:50 AM

Ez,
I feel it's better to make GT AI from replays. When I worked on Le Mans lps I've compared car acceleration (speed vaues in lp) after Mulsanne cornere. I used my Ferrari GT replay, original bsarthe lps and speed in lps generated by AI editor. I can say that AI editor produced greater acceleration than f1 car can do, and gt cars have lower acceleration. If we use f1 lps for gt AI cars try to accelerate according to lps. To compensate this we need lower dlong speed coefficient, and this has affect on top speed.

So for Bsarthe I used replays with Ferrari for race, pass1&2. But speeds for Mulsanne straight, for section down to Maison Blanche and on star-finish straight are from Ford MK4 replay. Same process I used for Reims lps, but I haven't posted it :rolleyes:

AI for Daytona, Sebring and Monza also was made from Ferrari replays, but I didn't use Ford's top speed there. I feel it works pretty well without it.

For Nurburg I'll maybe make new lp from replays.

Chris,
I'll upload new files in thread where all my GT lps are.

Edited by Pavel, Jan 09 2011 - 03:52 AM.

#9 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted Jan 09 2011 - 04:13 AM

Pavel thanks a lot for this!

#10 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 354 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 11:33 AM

Ok.
Many thanks for the explanations and your efforts.

Ez

#11 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have posted Brands67 and Reims AI.

#12 Philo

Philo

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Professional, rfactor2,

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 01:27 PM

Pavel, Sorry but could you direct me to where your ai file are found?  I can't find them, but I usually am lost most of the time anyway  :confused:

#13 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi Philo,
Link to another post is in FloP's comment

#14 Philo

Philo

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Professional, rfactor2,

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hi Pavel, are these files for the 60s or 36 ? I do better with the regular 36s. Thanks

#15 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 01:59 PM

For standart 36 fps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users