#1 Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, sim racing, English Bull Terriers

Posted Dec 05 2010 - 11:04 AM

I cannot seem to make the Profiler work.  I'm trying to assign the pause function and the "shift-R" reset function to wheel buttons.  The Logitech Profiler Help section is just confusing me. I must be missing something simple (which seems to be my default mode).   :unsure:

#2 racingaddict

racingaddict

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 05 2010 - 02:08 PM

hey jack , this is simple, i have the logitech momo. start the program and click on one of the buttons you want to set as the pause button. where it says button 1, button 2, left paddle, etc. click it and goto select command. goto new command.type in new name for command , like pause. now where it says record click that and press the pause button on your keyboard. then perss the stop button in the profiler. you should see the new name you assigned the button to on the main screen. now goto options and click global profiler settings and check apply persistant profile.
and where it says choose persistant profile choose gpl. this helps when your starting through gem+ and none of your
buttons are working right. now just repeat for shift-r button. oh ya i advise to do the f-10 view to, i use it for the start of races where it can be pretty tight at times until the cars thin out. hope this helps. good luck.
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you want , but you can only spend it once."

#3 Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, sim racing, English Bull Terriers

Posted Dec 05 2010 - 06:09 PM

racingaddict;

Thanks for the tip.  I got the reset and wide view assigned to buttons but the darned pause control button gives me a on again off again stuttering pause.

Any idea about how to rectify this?

Jack

Edited by Jack Straw, Dec 05 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#4 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted Dec 05 2010 - 06:24 PM

View PostJack Straw, on Dec 05 2010 - 06:09 PM, said:

racingaddict;

Thanks for the tip.  I got the reset and wide view assigned to buttons but the darned pause control button gives me a on again off again stuttering pause.

Any idea about how to rectify this?

Jack

Hi Jack

Sorry I don't have a solution but just to let you know you are not alone. I've had 'Pause' assigned to my G25 buttons for years but after updating to the latest version of profiler I get the stuttering, on/off pause you describe (not just in GPL but also in iRacing). Perhaps we should send a message to Logitech so they can address the issue in the next version.

Cheers
David

#5 Ian Barrett

Ian Barrett

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted Dec 22 2010 - 11:22 AM

Which version of the profiler are you using? I use a LWFF with 3.6 plus the 3.6 updater (a Logitech patch) on both Windows 7 (32 bit) and XP. Pause works fine.

Ian

Edited by Ian Barrett, Dec 23 2010 - 08:05 AM.

#6 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted Dec 23 2010 - 07:39 AM

I'm using version 5.10.127 of Logitech Profiler. G25, Vista 32-bit

#7 DRat

DRat

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:GPL, model railroading, ham radio, F1
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Dec 05 2010 - 06:24 PM, said:

Sorry I don't have a solution but just to let you know you are not alone. I've had 'Pause' assigned to my G25 buttons for years but after updating to the latest version of profiler I get the stuttering, on/off pause you describe (not just in GPL but also in iRacing). Perhaps we should send a message to Logitech so they can address the issue in the next version.

I don't know if this problem has been addressed anywhere else, but my searches have not turned up any solutions, and Logitech still has not fixed their Profiler.

The problem was that I really, really wanted the Pause function available via a G25 button, since I was tired of being a traffic hazard whenever I needed to pause GPL and had to visually hunt the Pause key instead of driving.

The Logitech Profiler still exhibits the unconditional repeat on Pause, but I found an old standby freeware goody at http://www.oneswitch...ey/JoyToKey.htm.  This was very useful with lots of games some years ago and it turned out to be just the answer today.  Run JoyToKey in W98 compatibility mode, with the Pause key assigned to an appropriate button (#16 in my case).  Make sure that it does not conflict with any of your profiler settings, and then leave JoyToKey running when you run GEM2+ or GPL.

It works just fine for me with GPL on my Win7x64 system.  If this problem has been fixed / addressed in some other way, somebody please let me know.   :)

Edit: I just discovered that Bernd posted info on this tool in 2010 over in the Tools section of the form.

Edited by DRat, Feb 10 2012 - 01:29 PM.

GPL: Still amazing after all these years ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links