Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 04 2010 - 09:36 AM

View PostPavel, on Dec 04 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

I'm not newbie in lp editing:) I understand all this thing. As I said before, all my files work fine for me.

:thumbup:

#22 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Dec 04 2010 - 10:07 AM

hallo Pavel ,
first a word of thanks for your effort with the AI for GT Mod .
Now I have a question for you , I have 2 tracks ( this is for the 67 F1 cars ) where the half of the AI cars won't qualify that is , Liege and Wild South Raceway Grand Prix of Baden-Wurttenburg , but when it comes to a race with the AI there is now problemo's  .
Would you know where I have to look to solve this problem ?
greets  :hat-tip:

Edited by svenvangent, Dec 04 2010 - 10:08 AM.

#23 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Dec 04 2010 - 10:14 AM

View Postsvenvangent, on Dec 04 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

hallo Pavel ,
Now I have a question for you , I have 2 tracks ( this is for the 67 F1 cars ) where the half of the AI cars won't qualify that is , Liege and Wild South Raceway Grand Prix of Baden-Wurttenburg , but when it comes to a race with the AI there is now problemo's  .

If I'm right it is something with mergin between cars in pits. When it is too small cars don't want to leave pits.

Edited by Pavel, Dec 04 2010 - 10:22 AM.

#24 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted Dec 04 2010 - 10:22 AM

View PostPavel, on Dec 04 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

View Postsvenvangent, on Dec 04 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

hallo Pavel ,

If I'm right it is something with mergine between cars in pits. When it is too small cars don't want to leave pits.

Phoewie goodmorning , that was a fast answer thanks . Gonna have a Look at that .
greets

Edited by svenvangent, Dec 04 2010 - 10:23 AM.

#25 ZiggyM

ZiggyM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted Dec 04 2010 - 01:33 PM

View PostPavel, on Dec 04 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

Hi,
I've sent my files to ZiggyM and this is his reply:
"I ran the AI at Le Mans and they go fast but they forget to slow or turn at the sharp turn after the long straight.  On the first lap, 7 cars crashed or ran off behind the trees.  On the 2nd lap, another 5 cars crashed or ran off the track.  After 3 laps, there were only 3 cars left and all but 1 of them crashed on the next lap."

I don't know why this happened for him :confused: AI sometimes crash there in my tests, but one or two cars and never full field :idunno: I run test races in Pro Long mod with ntp 1.0.

I've changed few values in gplaGT.ini. I feel it improves AI overtaking a little.
passee_dlong_sep_coeff = 0.25
straightaway_pass_dlong_sep= 10.0
straightaway_pass_max_accel_pct = 0.935
straightaway_pass_speed_coeff = 1.2
I've ran Nurburg test race and AI didn't get stuck behind slower cars. At finish of ProLong race there were few gaps around 1,5 seconds. Maybe it was lucky test race.

So here is my files for Le Mans. You can try it. Only make backup of trackGT.ini

Pavel!  You have mail!

"Yes indeed, I had made a change to the gplaGT.ini that was causing the problem.  I had made that change to try to make the cars pass more but did not remove the change before using your AI files.  Once I restored the original and added the changes you suggested in your first email, the cars behaved much better!"

I had made changes suggested in the GPL AI Tutorial v4.0 to see if they would help get the guys to pass more and had them loaded when I ran the first couple of tests.  :duh:   Once I changed the gplaGT.ini back to the original, and adjusted the parameters Pavel suggested they worked much better.   :thumbup:

I have to admit, though...  With the other settings, it did resemble an online race with 1/2 the field braking too late and missing the turn!!   :roflmao:

And now I see Sebring .lps are posted!!   :woot:

#26 ZiggyM

ZiggyM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted Dec 04 2010 - 01:54 PM

With Pavel working on the GT67 AI files, the tests I've been doing are no longer valid but I figured I'd share these results.

I put the same driver (Mr 1.00) in all the cars and let um loose.

Here are the best combined times for the 89 test races I've done so far. To help prevent a slower car from blocking a faster car, I had 19 of the same car with the same driver on the track for the seasons. 8 races using the GT67 season tracks, 9 seasons with 19 of the same cars, then 3 seasons using 2 cars of each type, again with the same, Mr Standard, driver.

1. Chaparral 2D - 3648.72
2. Chaparral 2F - 3658.83
3. Lola T70     - 3659.30
4. Ferrari 330  - 3662.45
5. Porsche 910  - 3698.04
6. Mirage M1    - 3713.96
7. Ford MkIIB   - 3721.74
8. Ford MkIV    - 3742.54
9. Ford MkI     - 3798.17

GPLRank has been down so I have old world records, which I also am using to calculate lap times for my 'fantasy' entry lists and the ranks come out as follows for the week old data I've got. Since some aliens hadn't driven all the cars, it's not 100% reliable.

1. Chaparral 2D - 3549.47
2. Chaparral 2F - 3551.37
3. Lola T70     - 3574.01
4. Ferrari 330  - 3577.07
5. Porsche 910  - 3607.16
6. Ford MkIIB   - 3625.89
7. Ford MkIV    - 3666.68
8. Ford MkI     - 3750.34
9. Mirage M1    - 3770.09

I figure once the aliens drive the Mirage, we'll see it climb into the 6th spot as the AI driver says it should be.

Real world - Average qualifying rank which is the best thing I figure to use since not all cars ran at all tracks. Each car is ranked against the cars it ran against.

1. Ford MkIV     - 1.00
2. Chaparral 2F  - 1.88
3. Ford MkIIB    - 2.67
4. Ferrari 330   - 3.07
5. Lola T70      - 3.13
6. Mirage M1     - 3.90
7. Chaparral 2D  - 4.00 (never faced the Lola or Mirage)
8. Porsche 910   - 4.69
9. Ford MkI      - 5.29

Now, I'm going to do all the tests again with Pavel's AI!!   :bounce:

Thanks again to all those involved with this mod!  I haven't been this excited and interested since the GN70 mod for N03 came out!  :yahoo:

#27 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Dec 05 2010 - 04:45 AM

View PostPavel, on Dec 04 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

If I'm right it is something with mergin between cars in pits. When it is too small cars don't want to leave pits.

Yes, pitstalls to close to each other can be the cause of this.
Normally it would mean that the longer cars like the eagle stay in pits and others are able to get on track.
There's also a difference in experience level, novice might get them all out of the pits where grand prix might reduce that number.
You can fix this by checking the pitstall positions and cure the ones that are causing the problem.

The other reason can be that the pitstalls are more then 30 meters beside the race line/track center.
To cure this the pitstall needs to be moved closer to the track center and a new pit.lp might be required.
There's not always a cure for this. At certain tracks you will notice that the cars don't start in the pits but on the track side to solve this problem :)

#28 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted Dec 05 2010 - 06:41 AM

Hallo Mech,

I tried to play with this numbers bud had now success ( see pic ) .
greets

Attached Files

#29 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted Dec 19 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hi,
Here are my GT lp fixes for Daytona and Monza.

Attached Files

#30 ZiggyM

ZiggyM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted Dec 19 2010 - 11:25 AM

View PostPavel, on Dec 19 2010 - 07:44 AM, said:

Hi,
Here are my GT lp fixes for Daytona and Monza.

:hat-tip:

#31 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted Dec 19 2010 - 12:31 PM

Thank you, Pavel! :)

#32 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 12:46 PM

Here are AI for Brands67 and Reims. Brands AI is just edit of lps that come with 66 mod.

Attached Files

#33 bob williams

bob williams

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Simracing
    Cycling
    Legos
    RC

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thanks Pavel!

Any chance of doing Spa? They don`t seem very willing to overtake there...

Cheers BW

#34 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 08:04 PM

Great Pavel....thank you very much indeed

#35 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 11:45 PM

Hi Pavel

Thanks very much for your updates.

I noticed in my Riems folder that there was no trackGT.ini or drivGT.ini before installing your updates. Should they have been installed by the mod or were they only made for the official season tracks? If so do we need to add a drivGT.ini now we have a trackGT.ini? I vaguely remember reading one requires the other.

Cheers
David

#36 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,726 posts

Posted Jan 11 2011 - 01:10 AM

Thanks Pavel for working on this!

#37 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted Jan 11 2011 - 09:02 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Jan 10 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

I noticed in my Riems folder that there was no trackGT.ini or drivGT.ini before installing your updates. Should they have been installed by the mod or were they only made for the official season tracks? If so do we need to add a drivGT.ini now we have a trackGT.ini? I vaguely remember reading one requires the other.

Cheers
David

Hi David,

Yes, you're correct.  The sports car mod included .ini files for only the eight championship tracks.

From my tests, it's important to have both drivGT.ini and trackGT.ini files to get either of them to work properly.  If you have a new trackGT.ini, it's easy to make a drivGT.ini for it by merely copying the default drivGT.ini file from the root directory to the track directory.

#38 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 11 2011 - 10:37 AM

View PostLee200, on Jan 11 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostFrenchy, on Jan 10 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

Cheers
David

Hi David,

Yes, you're correct.  The sports car mod included .ini files for only the eight championship tracks.

From my tests, it's important to have both drivGT.ini and trackGT.ini files to get either of them to work properly.  If you have a new trackGT.ini, it's easy to make a drivGT.ini for it by merely copying the default drivGT.ini file from the root directory to the track directory.

Hi Lee

Thanks for your reply. I'd forgotten about the one in the root directory, I'll use that in future.

Thanks again for all your work on the excellent GT mod. I'm having a ball  :hat-tip:

Cheers
David

#39 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted Jan 11 2011 - 04:31 PM

David, I forgot to mention that the default drivGT.ini file hype settings, etc. are pretty generic and were designed to give reasonable AI speeds at all those tracks that don't have a track specific trackGT.ini file.  So you may find that the trackGT.ini file dlong_speed_adj_coeff setting will need adjustment.  Or you can adjust the GEM+ AI Speed setting to give you a decent AI speed.    :wave:

#40 rainer61

rainer61

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Jan 12 2011 - 01:29 PM

@ Pavel,

I took your values from post nr. 16 for the ai.ini file and downloaded your files for the 6 tracks. Went to a five laps race at LM and it really works. Thanks very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links