• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 01 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostMartin Granberg, on Nov 01 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostBorder Reiver, on Nov 01 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

http://forums.speedg...ndpost&p=383088

This post has a link to the most recent server replay for the Atlas league. Uses 69 extra mod.

(I presume that you already found it, but this post from Paul also gives you information that you will need. http://srmz.net/inde...indpost&p=62344 ).

For the car descriptions of what car is in each slot, just open the gplx69.cst file in a text editor as that lists all of the information about the cars that GEM+ uses.

Rob

Thanks! There is a bit more info needed but Paul is working on collecting that.

/Martin

And dont forgett to tell Paul to give info also to Ed if you want GPL Rank to go live  :D ยงยง

Dr Tooth

#62 JohnnyAck

JohnnyAck

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Nov 01 2011 - 10:49 PM

View PostSaiph, on Oct 31 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

View PostMartin Granberg, on Oct 13 2011 - 06:06 AM, said:

View Postfajanko, on Jun 10 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

Would be great to see a 7.9.1 version with 69Xtra mod support - if you have some spare time. :)
Our leagues just couldn't live without GPLRA. Thanks for it!

Today is the first time I knew about the 69Xtra mod, but if the mod is "prepared" so GPLRA can detect it and the modders contact me with the details I'll try to fix a new GPLRA. That isn't much work.

Cheers,

/Martin
That's great news Martin, thanks.  :clap2:  I wish someone would pull their finger out for the 69Xtra mod. It's been released for quite a while and there's still no TotalRank for it on the GPLRank site.  :idunno:  Can't really upload or compare times at the moment, so there doesn't seem to be much point in driving it. And that's a shame because the cars are great.
Bah, there is plenty of point driving if u can get online in igor at the right time which I know is rare.:) I even broke down and ran some 36fps at Indy with them since it was Indy. Had a great time with a group of 8 or 10 other humans on the big oval, was fun adjusting the setup with the wings. Also as far as rank goes I used to spend many nights with one or two in a server working on rank, and it was quite fun doing it that way. We ran alone in practice mostly to avoid draft, then run the race empty server. Afterwards in igor chat we would use gplra and combine our laps together and chat about what to do. Good times. Thanks martin.

#63 Jhalli

Jhalli

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted Nov 01 2011 - 11:55 PM

View PostJohnnyAck, on Nov 01 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

I even broke down and ran some 36fps at Indy with them since it was Indy.

lol     :P

#64 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 04:37 AM

A couple of questions:

Can someone please upload their plax69.ini, preferably with times from all cars.

Does it exist a rank today on GPLRank for the 69 extra mod? IIRC the newer mods doesn't rely on GPLRA collecting times - it stores them all in the ini-file itself? If so - is the GPLrank-id known? (for example GPL66 for the 1966 mod, gpl67GT for the GT mod etc).

I'm a bit rusty on the GPLRank routine I'm afraid...

/Martin

#65 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 05:29 AM

In the meantime you can test yourself with this beta. Mostly interested in if it loads times from plax69.ini, and if it collects time from replays in PB-viewer, shows correct car used etc etc.

(Beta removed, newer one below)

/Martin

Edited by Martin Granberg, Nov 18 2011 - 05:59 AM.

#66 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,825 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hi Martin,

I've attached my plax69.ini file for you to look at. I haven't done much with the mod so far, but I have lapped all the cars at Monza, so you can see all the ID's.

GPLRank doesn't have any ranks set up yet for the 69-Extra mod, not even a TotalRank. If there was a rank, we could submit our times by uploading the plax69.ini file directly - this has always been the case. Even the older mods could be updated this way. But using GPLRA (for me) is just so much more convenient.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what the GPLRank ID for the 69-Extra mod would be. Maybe Uwe would be the best person to contact about that? Or maybe the mod authors? I'm not sure who sets that up.

Thanks for working on this Martin, and good luck!  :thumbup:  :clap2:

EDIT: Just spotted and downloaded the beta - I'll try it out and let you know what I find.

Attached Files

Edited by Saiph, Nov 18 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#67 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 05:43 AM

Thanks! So much more easier to test when there is some data. Already found a bug or two, newer beta later.

#68 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 05:59 AM

Beta 2...

Attached Files

#69 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,825 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 06:05 AM

Ok, just had a quick test of GPLRA 7.91 Beta 1, and everything seems to be consistent.

[1] Only seven car slots are being picked up, the same slots as for the 69 mod.
[2] Laptimes are only picked up from the "plax69.ini" file if each circuit is included in the "69season.ini" file. This is consistent with other versions of GPLRA, so no surprise.
[3] Laptimes are picked up from replays ok. The "69season.ini" file is ignored.
[4] All laptimes picked up and displayed in the "Personal Best Laps Viewer" are correct, for the time value, the circuit, and the car.

Looking good so far Martin!

EDIT: Just spotted Beta 2, will give that a try. Is this some kind of race we're in?  :rofl:

Edited by Saiph, Nov 18 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#70 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 06:10 AM

View PostSaiph, on Nov 18 2011 - 06:05 AM, said:

EDIT: Just spotted Beta 2, will give that a try. Is this some kind of race we're in?  :rofl:

Yep, and you are gaining on me!! :)

1+3 should be fixed in beta 2. I wasn't really aware of problem nr 2 before but noticed this as well. I guess this wasn't a problem before the newer mods, will see if it can be changed.

#71 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 06:20 AM

Well, I think I was aware of problem 2. A bit hard to fix though.

Questions:

Do the newer mods store ALL of the laptimes in player ini, even though the track isn't in season ini?

If so, does GPLRA only read the laptimes for tracks that are in the season ini and relies on the replays for all other tracks?

I remember having such a discussion, but cannot remember if I did anything for it. I know the answer is in my code somewhere, but asking might be easier than finding it....

#72 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,825 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 06:33 AM

Just tried GPLRA 7.91 Beta 2. All behaviour is the same as Beta 1, except that all fifteen car slots are now being picked up. I checked all my times, and as before all the figures are correct for the time value, circuit, and car type.

The "error" [3] I mentioned in my previous post isn't really an error as far as I am concerned. It was just a comment to show that the behaviour of this version of GPLRA is consistent with previous ones. When I said that the "69season.ini" file was being ignored, what I meant was that the "69season.ini" file wasn't affecting which laptimes were being picked up from the replay files. If there's a 69-X replay in the GPL replays directory, then GPLRA will find the laptime regardless of what is in the .ini file.

Again, my comment [2] isn't really an error, this has always been how GPLRA works. It's a little bit inconvenient if you've lost your replay file, because you have to add the track name into your 69season.ini file before GPLRA will pick up the laptime from the plax69.ini file. But I always back up my replays and use them as my source of laptimes, so it doesn't really affect me.

#73 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,825 posts

Posted Nov 18 2011 - 06:53 AM

View PostMartin Granberg, on Nov 18 2011 - 06:20 AM, said:

Well, I think I was aware of problem 2. A bit hard to fix though.

Questions:

Do the newer mods store ALL of the laptimes in player ini, even though the track isn't in season ini?
Yes. Using GEM, a player can choose any customized season file to use with GPL. GPL uses the track names from the selected file to store lap records in the player.ini file.
For example, I can have my own "kb69seas.ini" file with a customized list of tracks. GPL will use this to display the track list in-game, and to record any lap records in my player.ini file. GPL will ignore the "69season.ini" file, as I'm not using it.

If so, does GPLRA only read the laptimes for tracks that are in the season ini and relies on the replays for all other tracks?
Yes, that is how all versions of GPLRA have always worked. But I can understand why. The player.ini holds all the lap records for each track, but it only stores the track's directory name as a header. To display the actual track name in your GPLRA "PB" screen, you need the details from the season file. And because GEM allows the player to choose any season file they want, you can't tell which one they've been using. So the safest way is to use the default one, which is 67season.ini or 69season.ini etc.

I remember having such a discussion, but cannot remember if I did anything for it. I know the answer is in my code somewhere, but asking might be easier than finding it....
We have discussed this before, quite a long time ago. I can't remember where the thread is, but I think you came to the conclusion that leaving things as they are is probably best. It's only slightly inconvenient for GPL/GPLRA users, and trying to make GPLRA act a bit smarter would probably be quite hard, and maybe even start to break things!

#74 Martin Granberg

Martin Granberg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted Dec 04 2011 - 09:47 AM

So, no bugs in the beta? Can I make this a releaseversion?

#75 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,825 posts

Posted Dec 04 2011 - 11:43 AM

View PostMartin Granberg, on Dec 04 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

So, no bugs in the beta? Can I make this a releaseversion?
Seems perfectly fine to me Martin. I've been using it to upload various times to GPLRank over the past few days and everything works. Go for it!  :thumbup:  :clap2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links