Jump to content


- - - - -

The Track.Ini For Dummies


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Lee200

Lee200

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 29 2010 - 05:06 PM

Michel,

That certainly sounds like AI behavior when they think they are running out of gas.  The suddenly pull over to the side and limp back to the pits.  You'd think they would stay at racing speed until reaching the pits, but they don't.

Actually, the fuel loading is a little more complicated than that.  For example, the physics setting for the MkIIB AI fuel loading is 1.49 so those cars should be loaded to 1.49*4.22=6.29 liters per lap based on the '67 Brabham loading.  The other sports cars are more fuel efficient, but they are still based on the '67 Brabham fuel load.

The 5% pad is included in the physics so you shouldn't need to apply that twice.

Try upping the track.ini Brabham load from 4.22 to 5.00 or so and see what happens.

#32 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version which takes in account the remarks made by some of you. Special thanks to Lee and Saiph for their contribution.

Maybe it would be better to add those versions in my first post and delete the previous one. Don't know if i can do that. If a nice moderator is around...

Ez

Attached Files



#33 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 13 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version which takes in account the remarks made by some of you. Special thanks to Lee and Saiph for their contribution.

Maybe it would be better to add those versions in my first post and delete the previous one. Don't know if i can do that. If a nice moderator is around...

Ez
Ezechiel,

You only have to click on the edit button, and you update your first post adding the PDF files.There is no problem at all to do it

#34 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 13 2011 - 12:44 PM

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version which takes in account the remarks made by some of you. Special thanks to Lee and Saiph for their contribution.

Maybe it would be better to add those versions in my first post and delete the previous one. Don't know if i can do that. If a nice moderator is around...

Ez
Ezechiel,

You only have to click on the edit button, and you update your first post adding the PDF files.You need to click on " full edition" to attach files .There is no problem at all to do it

Edited by M Needforspeed, Feb 13 2011 - 12:44 PM.


#35 MECH

MECH

    Double poly killer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here ->
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 13 2011 - 04:17 PM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version which takes in account the remarks made by some of you. Special thanks to Lee and Saiph for their contribution.

Maybe it would be better to add those versions in my first post and delete the previous one. Don't know if i can do that. If a nice moderator is around...

Ez
Ezechiel,

You only have to click on the edit button, and you update your first post adding the PDF files.There is no problem at all to do it

Michel,

I'm not sure but iirc there's a time limit on editing posts.
At least that is something i encountered keeping things tidy in the past :think:
But it could be that is now not the case anymore.

#36 Nurby Yogi

Nurby Yogi

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:25km from green hell
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 13 2011 - 04:34 PM

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version
......
Ez

Hi Ez,

thanks a lot.Posted Image

Is it possible to make a german one,
for the german dummies?Posted Image

Greets Yogi

#37 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 14 2011 - 10:36 AM

View PostNurby Yogi, on Feb 13 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version
......
Ez

Hi Ez,

thanks a lot.Posted Image

Is it possible to make a german one,
for the german dummies?Posted Image

Greets Yogi
Hi,
Spreche nicht deutsch genug. Sorry. But thank you for your interest.

Ez

#38 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 14 2011 - 10:37 AM

View PostMECH, on Feb 13 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

View PostM Needforspeed, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 13 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi all,
Here is a french version of my tutorial and a definitive english version which takes in account the remarks made by some of you. Special thanks to Lee and Saiph for their contribution.

Maybe it would be better to add those versions in my first post and delete the previous one. Don't know if i can do that. If a nice moderator is around...

Ez
Ezechiel,

You only have to click on the edit button, and you update your first post adding the PDF files.There is no problem at all to do it

Michel,

I'm not sure but iirc there's a time limit on editing posts.
At least that is something i encountered keeping things tidy in the past :think:
But it could be that is now not the case anymore.

Hi,
it seems you are right Martin. I cannot edit my first post.

Ez

#39 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 16 2011 - 06:46 AM

Great tutorial, ezechiel47. Thx! Posted Image


I hope you don`t mind posting a link to the

Online Grid Tool (By John Smith)
-> creates wide grids for online racing, to be used on GPL server
http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=5057

as it is also related to the track.ini. :)

#40 Bob

Bob

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:sports cars, racing, GPL

Posted Apr 11 2011 - 01:11 PM

Ez,

I've used your AI over the years :thumbup: read your guide and tried my hand at it ... I'm happy with most of my tweaked AI, except for Road Atlanta :( and I can't find any better alternatives :idunno: they are so bad I can't make simple adjustments that improve them enough

any chance you might be looking for another track to apply your skills ? ... the American Le Mans Series is racing at Road Atlanta this year, Sept/Oct weekend, Petit Le Mans 10 hrs ... I hope to practice for it with some new, excellent AI ... thanks for your consideration or links to some better AI

:hat-tip:

BB

#41 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 13 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostBob, on Apr 11 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Ez,

I've used your AI over the years :thumbup: read your guide and tried my hand at it ... I'm happy with most of my tweaked AI, except for Road Atlanta :( and I can't find any better alternatives :idunno: they are so bad I can't make simple adjustments that improve them enough

any chance you might be looking for another track to apply your skills ? ... the American Le Mans Series is racing at Road Atlanta this year, Sept/Oct weekend, Petit Le Mans 10 hrs ... I hope to practice for it with some new, excellent AI ... thanks for your consideration or links to some better AI

:hat-tip:

BB

Hi Bob,
going to have a look to those AI.
Which mod do you use ?

Thanks for your interest.

Ez

#42 Bob

Bob

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Interests:sports cars, racing, GPL

Posted Apr 13 2011 - 03:30 PM

Quote

Hi Bob,
going to have a look to those AI.
Which mod do you use ?

Thanks for your interest.

Ez

I'm especially interested in AI for the GT mod ... I'm hoping new LP's/AI would work for the GT's and the eventual Can-Am's as well :rolleyes:

the AI that I'm using with the GT's run off track far too often and really don't contend for position

thanks for your consideration  :wave:

Bob

#43 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 14 2011 - 01:21 PM

View PostBob, on Apr 13 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Quote

Hi Bob,
going to have a look to those AI.
Which mod do you use ?

Thanks for your interest.

Ez

I'm especially interested in AI for the GT mod ... I'm hoping new LP's/AI would work for the GT's and the eventual Can-Am's as well :rolleyes:

the AI that I'm using with the GT's run off track far too often and really don't contend for position

thanks for your consideration  :wave:

Bob

Hi,
on my computer, the original files work well with different mods. However, ive not yet tried the gt.
For Ai issues with gt cars, have a look at this topic :ai and gt cars
Maybe you will have to run a new line for race.lp and pass1.lp (with a gt car!)
For this kind of stuff, Pavel is The man ! Try his files...

Ez

#44 buzard

buzard

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Palmdale, CA
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 08:43 PM

How about cases where no cars qualify or only about 5 qualify, but the cars race well? Any ideas on where to find problems?

Edited by buzard, Dec 18 2012 - 08:43 PM.


#45 MECH

MECH

    Double poly killer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here ->
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 12:37 AM

View Postbuzard, on Dec 18 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

How about cases where no cars qualify or only about 5 qualify, but the cars race well? Any ideas on where to find problems?
Often the pitlane stalls are to close to eachother so the cars do not get on track.
Another reason could be that the pitlane is to far away from trackcenter.
If it's further then 32mtr the car can't get out of the pits.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links