Border Reiver

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:GPL and GPL editing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 05:38 AM

This seemed like as good and logical a place to put this as any.

We ran this track with ADC this past week and found the problem of no starter or flagmen to be something of an issue for us, so I have made the attached to address this. Unzip the attached archive and put the loose files into the gpl/tracks/bottom folder allowing overwrite.

No guarantees that this hasn't introduced new clipping etc. that wasn't there before, and likewise I haven't spent much effort on perfectly locating the flagmen around the lap, but as it stands there is at least now a starter and 21 flagmen to give you a bit of warning of what might be over the next blind brow or around the next corner.

Have fun,

Rob

Attached Files

#17 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,995 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 08:00 AM

Thank you, Rob.  That works very well.  This is an awesome track with the Can-Am cars!!  :)

#18 JacnGille

JacnGille

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 10:23 AM

Where is the UFO????????? :alien:

#19 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 11:27 AM

Thanks!!

Did you tested this track online? Have discovered some another issue to justify maintaining it as a beta?

#20 Border Reiver

Border Reiver

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:GPL and GPL editing

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 02:53 PM

Very welcome everyone, I am glad if it helps.

For the first ADC race we used the original version and struggled due to no starter and were also not helped by no flagmen either. I made the file attached here for the guys to try last night in their second online race at this venue (although I couldn't race with them this time since it was well past my bed time on a week night), but they reported that it was now much better than our previous attempt, hence posting it here for everyone else to test / use.

I don't think that adding the flagmen and starter has made any clipping worse or caused any other unexpected problems, and certainly having a starter is better than not having one at all. :)

In terms of it being beta or finished I don't know who's decision that is really? If the track maker is still working on it or plans to finish it, they might have something to say about it, or likewise if anyone else plans to add any more to it? Other than that, does having working AI from MECH and now a starter and flagmen added from this thread (plus other graphics updates) and a layout that seems stable and doesn't CTD or freeze qualify for upgrade from beta to finished status?

I'd suggest people do a bit more testing both online and offline and check they are happy that there are no other outstanding major issues, and if all is well then it could get called finished?

Rob

Edited by Border Reiver, Feb 19 2015 - 02:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links