#1 fortine_oo

fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted Apr 15 2010 - 03:22 PM

Metro Grand Prix for NR2003.

This is a fix (working ai for pta and gtp) of the converted BRA_metro track by Brendan Betts, circa 2003. I don't know from what platform he made the conversion, but the track originally started from a modification by Bassguy (12/20/02) from part of a Hooters Road Trip track originally converted for SCGT by Anton Petkov.

Because the track was not available for quite a while, and is currently only available at a temporary download site, I have included the original BRA_metro.dat with the new ptf and ai support (pta & gtp) as addons.
In general, this track had/has a plethora of anomalies, but it's the only one of its kind.
I kept the track bumpy, but took out the swales that launched the cars at speed. I did add a crown in the center of the pavement for an off-camber effect, and bumps on the curbs at corners.

This is a very challenging track. It really performs like a real street circuit, IMHO. You can run pretty fast while all alone (although it may take awhile to run fast consitently), but in traffic you can easily lose 2 - 3 seconds a lap. Positioning on the track, and the correct speed for that line is critical. Relative to a particular racing line, incorrect speed, incorrect wheel position, and incorrect throttle application will surely result in a less than desired outcome.

Happy motoring
fortine_oo

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by fortine_oo, Apr 15 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

Denny Hulme

• 862 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 15 2010 - 04:00 PM

Thank you Sir :)  :artist:

#3 BrunoB

BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:GTP, GTP and iRacing
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Apr 16 2010 - 03:45 AM

Thank you VERY MUCH fortine.
After much enjoyment of the 3_Forty_9 track (where you was envolved too) I will certainly install this track too for GTP installation.
From the readme it sounds like you have to use the default ptf (and accept some car "sinking") if you want all the track elevations. Right?
Ill go for that:-)
Thank you again. Lovely to get one more track for this old lady;-)

#4 fortine_oo

fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted Apr 16 2010 - 03:21 PM

The track is the same no matter which ptf you use, the difference is only visual.
The default ptf has all the painted lane dividers and crosswalks, but there is some car sinking into the pavement. The "asphalt" version has only a few crosswalks, and the raceline.lp and "groove" is visible.
My suggestion would be to try each version and see what each one looks like. Posted Image

#5 BrunoB

BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted Apr 17 2010 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for the clarification.
And if the "elevations" are only visual (I just thought they were physical too:-) then Ill try the alternative ptf out too.
A bit out of context: Now after my book we only need someone to make the lovely Interlagos track available in NR2003.
That track would fit nicely for the GTP beasties:-)

#6 fortine_oo

fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted Apr 17 2010 - 12:47 PM

The track elevations are physical. The ptf 's are 2 visual choices of the same physical track.

Posted Image

#7 BrunoB

BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted Apr 18 2010 - 01:58 PM

Thank you for taking the time to make the pic examples.
Evaluated from your pictures I prefer the default version. It looks more real with all the crossroads.
By the way. The realistic crossroads is also a strong point on the mentioned 3_Forty_9 track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links