• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:1.Out under dark,steady skies with my telescope
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 04 2010 - 12:33 AM

Croft may be the northernmost racetrack of major significance in England. The immediate vicinity of this North Yorkshire track is more heavily forested than is depicted in GPL and I think this locale is also greener than I've seen depicted. There aren't many track objects and the treerows are placed too far away from the racing suface for a maximum,accurate effect but I really like this track. A-I by Mark Beckman is included,horizon from Sachenring.

FWIW,here's another update for Croft which to me is a blast in the 65 cars.

Attached Files

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 240 posts
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT

Posted Apr 04 2010 - 03:11 PM

I forgot to mention that the Croftnew update is completely interchangeable with the Croftst(short)track. Croftst has it's own A-I so the included A-I zip isn't needed for the shorter version. Croftst is a fun track as well.

#3 Ken

Ken

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted Apr 04 2010 - 03:59 PM

I look forward to trying this one Kenny, Croft is my local track. I wouldn't have said heavily forested, but there are certainly some small copses of trees close to the track and in the middle distance.

I did take a series of photos from the top of the control tower once with the idea of creating a set of horizon mips for this track, but I never got round to it. I'd probably still have them saved somewhere if anyone has the inclination to do anything with them.

#4 Ken

Ken

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted Apr 04 2010 - 04:08 PM

Use this in Google Earth. There are actually cars on track on the hi res aerial shot.

Attached Files

#5 Kenny

Kenny

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 240 posts
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT

Posted Apr 04 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hi Ken

I didn't mean to imply the area is heavily forested,a better choice of words would been that there are more trees in the near vicinity than the default track indicates. Sound better?

Edited by Kenny, Apr 04 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#6 Ken

Ken

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted Apr 04 2010 - 05:19 PM

View PostKenny, on Apr 04 2010 - 04:26 PM, said:

Hi Ken

I didn't mean to imply the area heavily forested,a better choice of words would been that there are more trees in the near vicinity than the default track indicates. Sound better?

Yes, that's how I'd describe it exactly.  :)

#7 King Arthur

King Arthur

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 01:57 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew why the Croft long version has the same AI as the short version, it says 11 turns on the track preview but the track.ini says 5 turns and the AI just drive into each other out of the pits

any help, please

#8 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostKing Arthur, on Jan 10 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

I was wondering if anyone knew why the Croft long version has the same AI as the short version, it says 11 turns on the track preview but the track.ini says 5 turns and the AI just drive into each other out of the pits

any help, please

See post #2 in this thread. The ai in that zip is for the short track and not the long version.
The long version should have it's own ai set. To solve things i would re-install the long version (temp rename the croft folder) and only copy the update from this thread without the ai files.

#9 King Arthur

King Arthur

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 03:29 PM

i did that as per last time i had a track do this but the problem ( i think) is that the long version track.ini says 5 turns same as the short version and not 11 turns as it should say....some how the long version has the same ai files as the short one and to be clear i am talking about the L-shaped 2002 version not the really old one

does your long version ai say 5 turns for the L shaped one (Croftnew)

#10 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 03:56 PM

View PostKing Arthur, on Jan 10 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

i did that as per last time i had a track do this but the problem ( i think) is that the long version track.ini says 5 turns same as the short version and not 11 turns as it should say....some how the long version has the same ai files as the short one and to be clear i am talking about the L-shaped 2002 version not the really old one

does your long version ai say 5 turns for the L shaped one (Croftnew)

Just had a look and your right the track.ini says 5 turns but that's normally not a big problem.
The ai lp files though are. And they seem to be incorrect, probably just a copy of the short track.
Do the ai drive at 40mph around in centre? They probably will if there never was made a decent set :think:

#11 King Arthur

King Arthur

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 04:16 PM

the AI crash into each other in the pits , it seems only a few start leaving the pits without turning away from the line of cars and just plow into the ones in front of them and push them down the pit lane....trainwreck ensues

#12 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts

Posted Jan 10 2011 - 04:27 PM

View PostKing Arthur, on Jan 10 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

the AI crash into each other in the pits , it seems only a few start leaving the pits without turning away from the line of cars and just plow into the ones in front of them and push them down the pit lane....trainwreck ensues

Figures, they tend to use the pit.lp of the short track.
Guess there was never made proper ai.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links