#1 jsolly

jsolly

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 11 2010 - 12:45 AM

Been a while for me, there was a site that had a patch to put Jackie Stewart and team-mate Spence into the game (I see their files in the GPLPS BRM folder) but I can't find it for the life of me...  :(   Anyone have info on getting him into the game?

#2 andpan

andpan

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:my air-cooled 911s, Golf (the sport), skiing (the fast one, not nordic)

Posted Mar 12 2010 - 01:43 PM

I have Jackie and Spence since the 1.3 Patch in the game.

#3 jsolly

jsolly

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Mar 14 2010 - 05:51 PM

I used the GPLPS installer (I assume that fully updates my GPL?) but it doesn't give me Stewart or Spence, though I can see their files in the BRM folder...  Don't have the know how to actually put them into the game though :(     A couple years ago there was a site with a pretty basic (but totally useful IMO) patch for the 1967 season that would insert them into the game.  I wonder if the site folded and the patch is lost to never-never land...  :(   Oh well, such is life.

#4 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Mar 14 2010 - 07:52 PM

You are thinking about David Wright's Legends of 67 site.  It may be gone now.  

I remember when I used the GPLPS installer Stewart was gone but Ickx was back.  The 67 patch seems to put Stewart back in. Since you need the patch to drive the Targa Florio anyway, you might as well get it here.  http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=4875

#5 jsolly

jsolly

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Mar 15 2010 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the info guys, yeah, I can't find anything on David Wright's Legends of '67 either...  Thanks for the heads up about the new '67 patch though, that's great.  Think I'll wait a while to see how things go with that and the 60fps patch, hopefully in time there can be a nice marriage, I just can't deal with 36fps anymore!  Stunning that there are so many talented folks still making this game sing, I gotta say.  All the limitations of the original GPL are slowly being pushed back...  I just can't seem to give up on this game!

#6 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted Mar 15 2010 - 10:12 AM

Now I'm confused.  One can run the Targa Florio at 60fps.  Maybe not with a full grid........After the first lap cars all spread out all over the place.  The 67 patch includes lots of other things that have nothing to do with 60fps.  

Oh, are you talking about the ai?  People have been working on that.  I'm waiting to see what they come up with also.

#7 Bullwinkle55

Bullwinkle55

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted Mar 16 2010 - 06:54 PM

I dont think David's patch is neccessary since the GPLEA cars have all been completed. If the Stewart and Spence stuff is allready there you only need to edit the "driver.ini" file(found in the gpl folder)  to add those two racers. Back the File up first though. You will need to probably remove two other drivers from the driver.ini file. Also you will notice Bob Anderson and Guy Ligier liveries in the Brab car folder.

attached a copy of my driver ini file. But back yours up first

....Dan

Attached Files

Edited by Bullwinkle55, Apr 08 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#8 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted Mar 18 2010 - 11:18 AM

Bullwinkle55!   :wave:

#9 Bullwinkle55

Bullwinkle55

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted Mar 20 2010 - 03:13 PM

View Postmiklkit, on Mar 18 2010 - 11:18 AM, said:

Bullwinkle55!   :wave:

:wave: Hi Miklkit, been a long time scince I visited here. New computer, video card etc. Just rebuilding gpl on windows 7 64-bit. runs better than ever.
hope you are doing well.

...Dan

#10 jsolly

jsolly

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Mar 20 2010 - 06:39 PM

Awesome Bullwinkle, that's great, so simple!  Sorry for the late reply, the whole "real life" business etc...  Thanks again, my GPL is now rounding into shape!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links