#1 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 05:02 AM

I have a collection of track and carset video's that I used to use in Gem, anyway I decided to put these back on after a reformat several months ago but cannot get the video's to work. I have ticked enable track/car/carset options in the configure panel and the video's all reside in the video folder under Gem. I suspect it has something to do with codecs. Any idea's anyone :confused:

#2 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 05:51 AM

It is supposed to be about codecs but I just have not been able to get them working for a long time now. Sorry no ideas except you can get loads at http://www.codecs.com/
A good set is K-Lite Mega Pack.

#3 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 11:05 AM

If you have the same set of videos that I have they do not go in GEM, they go in the GPL folder.  cars67.avi goes in the GPL\cars\cars67 folder, cars67_0.avi goes in the Brabham folder, cars67_1.avi goes in the BRM folder, cars67_2.avi in the coventry folder and so on.

#4 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 04:33 PM

View Postbenzman, on Feb 09 2010 - 11:05 AM, said:

If you have the same set of videos that I have they do not go in GEM, they go in the GPL folder.  cars67.avi goes in the GPL\cars\cars67 folder, cars67_0.avi goes in the Brabham folder, cars67_1.avi goes in the BRM folder, cars67_2.avi in the coventry folder and so on.
I tried that also to no avail, they used to run from the Video folder. Just wondering if they actually work since the latest Gem update :idunno:  it has been a while since I used them, not a big deal, they just make Gem come alive a bit.

#5 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 09:41 PM

View PostBurnsy865, on Feb 09 2010 - 04:33 PM, said:

View Postbenzman, on Feb 09 2010 - 11:05 AM, said:

I tried that also to no avail, they used to run from the Video folder. Just wondering if they actually work since the latest Gem update :idunno:  it has been a while since I used them, not a big deal, they just make Gem come alive a bit.
Are they the same avi files as in my reply?  And if they are, can you get them to play by double-clicking on them?  If they won't play at all I imagine that your system lacks a media player.

#6 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 10:21 PM

They are the same Benzman and you were right, I didn't have the codec :oops:  Once I downloaded the K-Lite megapack that Keith recommended everything works fine.  :D Thanks for the help guys.

Oh yeah, they do run from the videos folder in Gem as well as the sub folders in GPL, its just easier to keep them all in one place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links