Jump to content


- - - - -

Upgrading The Wet Nurburgring.......


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 01 2010 - 01:44 AM

View PostJASE, on Feb 01 2010 - 01:19 AM, said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that a fog add-on is out for GPL too, so I'm going to go find that now and really go for the authentic look!  :D
These were copied from someone's post either here or at RSC. Just add one of these to the track.ini and you will have fog.

Heavy fog...........

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 2
fog_r = 150
fog_g = 175
fog_b = 200

EARLY MORNING BLUE HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 220
fog_g = 223
fog_b = 232

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 198
fog_g = 202
fog_b = 214


Intense [Example only - not recommended]

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 220
fog_g = 223
fog_b = 232



EARLY EVENING PINK HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 232
fog_g = 220
fog_b = 227

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 226
fog_g = 212
fog_b = 221

Intense [Example only - not recommended]

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 213
fog_g = 193
fog_b = 205


LATE EVENING ORANGE HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 235
fog_g = 219
fog_b = 207

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 229
fog_g = 209
fog_b = 193


Intense [Example only - not recommended]

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 214
fog_g = 183
fog_b = 160




OVERCAST STORMY? HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 185
fog_g = 182
fog_b = 175

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 161
fog_g = 158
fog_b = 151


Good luck with it and thanks to whoever posted these fog lines in the past. I knew that copying them would come in handy one day. I use the following at Wetspa

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 5.00
fog_r = 198
fog_g = 202
fog_b = 214

#17 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Feb 01 2010 - 01:51 AM

View PostBurnsy865, on Feb 01 2010 - 01:44 AM, said:

View PostJASE, on Feb 01 2010 - 01:19 AM, said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that a fog add-on is out for GPL too, so I'm going to go find that now and really go for the authentic look!  :D
These were copied from someone's post either here or at RSC. Just add one of these to the track.ini and you will have fog.

Heavy fog...........

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 2
fog_r = 150
fog_g = 175
fog_b = 200

EARLY MORNING BLUE HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 220
fog_g = 223
fog_b = 232

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 198
fog_g = 202
fog_b = 214


Intense [Example only - not recommended]

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 220
fog_g = 223
fog_b = 232



EARLY EVENING PINK HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 232
fog_g = 220
fog_b = 227

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 226
fog_g = 212
fog_b = 221

Intense [Example only - not recommended]

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 213
fog_g = 193
fog_b = 205


LATE EVENING ORANGE HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 235
fog_g = 219
fog_b = 207

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 229
fog_g = 209
fog_b = 193


Intense [Example only - not recommended]

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 214
fog_g = 183
fog_b = 160




OVERCAST STORMY? HUE/LIGHT

Light

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 185
fog_g = 182
fog_b = 175

Darker

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 0.01
fog_r = 161
fog_g = 158
fog_b = 151


Good luck with it and thanks to whoever posted these fog lines in the past. I knew that copying them would come in handy one day. I use the following at Wetspa

[ fog ]
type = 1
density = 5.00
fog_r = 198
fog_g = 202
fog_b = 214

Just to mention you must be using Nigel's V2 rasterisers for this to work. I think those fog settings are from Jim Pearson.

#18 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 01 2010 - 02:48 AM

View PostKen, on Feb 01 2010 - 01:51 AM, said:

[Just to mention you must be using Nigel's V2 rasterisers for this to work. I think those fog settings are from Jim Pearson.
Thanks Ken, was unaware of the V2 rasters, I use them so it works for me.

#19 JASE

JASE

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 01 2010 - 11:14 PM

I found reference to adding those lines to the track ini and thought to myself 'that's way too easy, too good to be true'. It was. I didn't have the latest  rasterizers! :oops:

Will download them now and see how it goes. Unfortunately with all of my frantic cutting and pasting I must have deleted something pretty vital from the gpl directory because the 66 mod is just crashing to the desktop everytime I try to load it. Looks like it's another complete GPL re-install for me! :angrypc:

Ah well these things happen. Thanks for the advice regarding the 3dos Ken. I'll leave well enough alone now. If I can get the fog to work with what I've got, and get the skies a bit darker, I'll be very happy.

#20 JASE

JASE

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 04 2010 - 07:29 PM

SUCCESS!!!

Attached Files


Edited by JASE, Feb 04 2010 - 07:32 PM.


#21 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 04 2010 - 07:44 PM

:thumbup:  That looks excellent Jase. Any chance of getting my hands on the files  :please:

#22 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Feb 05 2010 - 02:20 AM

View PostBurnsy865, on Feb 04 2010 - 07:44 PM, said:

:thumbup:  That looks excellent Jase. Any chance of getting my hands on the files  :please:

Craig, you probably already have the files. From Jase's previous post #14, he has basically added the wetnurb.trk and wetnurb.3do files plus the falling rain 3do and mips to the Kellaaa update. Then he has added the fog using the settings you gave him.

#23 JASE

JASE

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 05 2010 - 07:15 AM

It's all good, here's my track file! Make sure you've got the wet nurburgring circuit installed and then replace your current folder with my one (after making a backup of course!). Have fun!  :drive:

Attached Files



#24 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 05 2010 - 07:34 AM

Thanks Jase  :hat-tip:  And Ken is right about me having the files but I have a habit of stuffing things up although I am attempting to update some AI at the moment  :bloodycomp:

#25 JASE

JASE

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 07:07 PM

One thing I forgot to mention is that there is some sort of problem with the flagmen. It doesn't really worry me too much, but they constantly show their green flags, and then every now and then show you a yellow one as you drive past, without there actually being an accident up ahead or anything!  :confused:

Of greater concern to me before I start my 'realistic' '66 season is the 66 AI. I can't believe that they are actually faster at the start of all the races on full tanks, then they are during qualifying! This just won't do, so I'm gonna attempt the huge and confusing job of tweaking the ai.

#26 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 08:06 PM

View PostJASE, on Feb 06 2010 - 07:07 PM, said:

One thing I forgot to mention is that there is some sort of problem with the flagmen. It doesn't really worry me too much, but they constantly show their green flags, and then every now and then show you a yellow one as you drive past, without there actually being an accident up ahead or anything!  :confused:
It's something to do with the track surface, the car is off the road as far as GPL is concerned so you get the yellow when there is a car ahead before the next flagman and the green at other times. The same thing happens at Watkins Glen Dirt.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links