• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing - Photography - Computers - Art - Motorsports - Most other sports - Learning
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 17 2009 - 07:13 AM

I`m just wondering if there any updates around for the inner hubs on the Coopers (pic 1) as I don`t think they`re meant to look like they do in the pic... are they?

The other cars look pretty much fine in that area but if there are any updates for all cars, but especially the Coopers please let me know. I`ve looked around but just incase I`ve missed them I thought I`d ask.

Plus...

I know the Lotus 49b sometimes had a gap at the bottom of the windscreen in reality (although I`ve seen pics where it doesn`t also) but was just wondering if there are any graphical updates for that area (pic 2) as it can look a bit strange sometimes in screenshots...

One other thing...

Are there any hi res skin updates for the 67`s anywhere around? I know there are skin packs etc from Jack Seller and I intend to try them out but would like to know if there are any others out there?

And one last question  :P

This is not a criticism in any way, but was wondering why the 67`s, 65`s and some 69`s seem to have much lower res skins than some of the other 69`s, the Lotus 49b for eg... the stickers on it are nice and hi res but the 67`s and the 69 Brabham for eg have low res stickers etc, just wondering why this is and could it be improved upon or is it not possible?

Ta... :)

Pic 1                                                                                                    
Attached File  wheel_pic.jpg   55.47K   95 downloads

Pic 2
Attached File  lot_49b_windscreen_pic.jpg   46.21K   78 downloads

Edited by tjc, Nov 17 2009 - 07:14 AM.

#2 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 17 2009 - 11:41 AM

I've never seen that on the cooper. Whether I haven't noticed or there is problem on your install, I don't know. :idunno:

Apart from Jackseller's stuff, there are hires bits for some 67's around the forum. Try looking out for Citytea's stuff. Also make sure you seen Nino's site - (link at GPLEA cars thread).

:wave:

#3 Keido

Keido

Graham Hill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted Nov 17 2009 - 12:02 PM

View Posttjc, on Nov 17 2009, 02:13 PM, said:

I`m just wondering if there any updates around for the inner hubs on the Coopers (pic 1) as I don`t think they`re meant to look like they do in the pic... are they?

The cars are actually graphically very correct.
Some pics of the Cooper T81:
Attached File  Cooper_T81_Anglo_Suisse.jpg   92.24K   51 downloadsAttached File  jb_intltr66.jpg   68.93K   52 downloads
Attached File  t81mas.jpg   27.23K   48 downloadsAttached File  f1_196609_jo_siffert_01_1_.jpg   38.13K   49 downloads
Attached File  1966_zandvoort_surtees_cooper_t81__24.jpg   207.97K   54 downloadsAttached File  f1_196702_jo_siffert_01_1_.jpg   49.4K   48 downloadsjpg]
Attached File  702_1_.jpg   30.54K   61 downloadsAttached File  Coopert81a_rindt67kyalami_1_.jpg   245.73K   47 downloads

View Posttjc, on Nov 17 2009, 02:13 PM, said:

I know the Lotus 49b sometimes had a gap at the bottom of the windscreen in reality (although I`ve seen pics where it doesn`t also) but was just wondering if there are any graphical updates for that area (pic 2) as it can look a bit strange sometimes in screenshots...
And as far as I know Lotus had this gap at the bottom of the windscreen from 1963 to 1970.
And earlier Lotus 49 in 1967 had it a bit different.
Attached File  f1_196903_graham_hill_02_1_.jpg   73.82K   45 downloadsAttached File  f1_196803_hill_2.jpg   36.23K   49 downloads]
Attached File  f1_196706_jim_clark_01_1_.jpg   86.97K   59 downloadsAttached File  zandvoort67_2.jpg   26.37K   51 downloads
:D

#4 Jhalli

Jhalli

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted Nov 17 2009 - 12:58 PM

i have used Van  Gossum Cooper updates for years,

anyway look way better than default ones. :)

Attached Files

#5 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing - Photography - Computers - Art - Motorsports - Most other sports - Learning

Posted Nov 17 2009 - 03:33 PM

View Postdangermouse, on Nov 17 2009, 11:41 AM, said:

I've never seen that on the cooper. Whether I haven't noticed or there is problem on your install, I don't know. :idunno:

Apart from Jackseller's stuff, there are hires bits for some 67's around the forum. Try looking out for Citytea's stuff. Also make sure you seen Nino's site - (link at GPLEA cars thread).

:wave:

Thanks dm... it would appear that the Cooper is meant to be like that going by the pics Keido has kindly posted. I`ll have a look at Nino`s too. :)

View PostKeido, on Nov 17 2009, 12:02 PM, said:

The cars are actually graphically very correct.

View PostKeido, on Nov 17 2009, 12:02 PM, said:

And as far as I know Lotus had this gap at the bottom of the windscreen from 1963 to 1970.
And earlier Lotus 49 in 1967 had it a bit different.

Thanks for the info and great pics Keido... very much appreciated. :thumbup:

View PostJhalli, on Nov 17 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

i have used Van  Gossum Cooper updates for years,

anyway look way better than default ones. :)

Those do look good Jhalli, I`ll have to track them down for sure.

Many thanks. :)

Edited by tjc, Nov 17 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#6 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 07:17 AM

Mmm...

Would anyone have a link for the Van Gossum updates chaps as I can`t find much about. I`ve found some stuff here but not much either.

Ta. :)

#7 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 07:40 AM

View Posttjc, on Nov 18 2009, 01:17 PM, said:

Mmm...

Would anyone have a link for the Van Gossum updates chaps as I can`t find much about. I`ve found some stuff here but not much either.

Ta. :)

His site is at Speedgeezers
http://vangossumpits.speedgeezers.net/

but there is a problem with some of the pages.

maybe Keith can help.

paul

#8 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 08:40 AM

Cheers paul...

There does indeed seem to be a problem with some of the pages.

You can get to them but there`s nothing on them, no pics, links or info...

Anything you can do dm?

:)

#9 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 10:08 AM

The Coopers had the front discs mounted out in the air for better cooling.  From certain angles they do look goofy.

Attached Files

#10 DraftDancer - guest

DraftDancer - guest
  • Guests

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 10:45 AM

Checking my 67 cars folder I have two Cooper VG versions. CoventryVG and CoventryVGv2.  I have no idea as I have not updated a 67 Cooper car in many years. I  have about 10 different versions of the Cooper altogether?   Coventry, coventry3.0 coventry3.1 coventry4.0 coventrybest coventryblue coventrynotsure coventryred coventrythintires coventryVG coventryVG2.0  LOL ...........

#11 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 10:53 AM

View Postmiklkit, on Nov 18 2009, 11:08 AM, said:

The Coopers had the front discs mounted out in the air for better cooling. From certain angles they do look goofy.

Sadly they do... certainly for screenies.

The VG updates should be good though. :)

#12 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 10:55 AM

View PostDraftDancer, on Nov 18 2009, 11:45 AM, said:

Checking my 67 cars folder I have two Cooper VG versions. CoventryVG and CoventryVGv2.  I have no idea as I have not updated a 67 Cooper car in many years. I  have about 10 different versions of the Cooper altogether?   Coventry, coventry3.0 coventry3.1 coventry4.0 coventrybest coventryblue coventrynotsure coventryred coventrythintires coventryVG coventryVG2.0  LOL ...........

:o

Wow!

That is a load of Coopers lol...

How`d you come to have so many and what`s "coventrynotsure" ?  :P

#13 burt

burt

burt

• Supporter
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Interests

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 12:00 PM

Attached File  vg_coops.rar   17.78MB   171 downloads

Tjc,

All the VG coops are in the above .rar.
I think it was Remy who posted these a year or two back.
This has the red bonnier, the blue siffert, the white moser, the early 67 works car and the Ickx (my favorite).
There is also the option for dish wheels, I think jack also did some dish wheels which you could look up.
Anyway enjoy :)

Burt

#14 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 12:10 PM

View Postburt, on Nov 18 2009, 12:00 PM, said:

Attachment vg_coops.rar

Tjc,

All the VG coops are in the above .rar.
I think it was Remy who posted these a year or two back.
This has the red bonnier, the blue siffert, the white moser, the early 67 works car and the Ickx (my favorite).
There is also the option for dish wheels, I think jack also did some dish wheels which you could look up.
Anyway enjoy :)

Burt

Many thanks burt...

Downloading now, looking forward to trying all those goodies out...

Cheers. :thumbup:

#15 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 18 2009 - 12:30 PM

View PostDraftDancer, on Nov 18 2009, 08:45 AM, said:

The Coopers are fun to mess with.   This is my personal Sooper Dooper Cooper.   :smug2:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links