Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Various
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 08 2009 - 08:27 AM

Guys...

I`m wondering if it`s possible to have the 1968 carset by irridux working in gem as the other mods do?

I`ve installed the carset as said in the readme but can`t find it in the carsets tab in gem to make it active...

I`m sure I had it working in gem in the past but can`t really remember now.

Does it work with gem or do I need to use the carset changer that came with the 68 download?

Cheers. :)

#2 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Nov 08 2009 - 11:29 AM

After coming across some of my old posts over at rsc I`ve got it working in gem and all sorted.

Gonna be a long night of 68`s for me tonight.  :D

#3 bobble83

bobble83

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:F1, GPL (of course!) Heavy Metal, playing the guitar.

Posted Nov 08 2009 - 01:07 PM

How do you get it working TJC? have you got a link to that old post or could you explain (in simple terms to a thicky!)

#4 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Nov 08 2009 - 01:26 PM

View Postbobble83, on Nov 8 2009, 02:07 PM, said:

How do you get it working TJC? have you got a link to that old post or could you explain (in simple terms to a thicky!)

Hi bobble...

Well if youv`e downloaded all the files needed you basically just do what it says here:

Originally Posted by X5 494

Let me see if I got it right

Try this
I don't know exactly what went wrong in your installation. I also have some files that are read only, but in my case it does not matter, the carset works.
Maybe it helps if i explain the installation step by step from the beginning on, including a few files helpful for managing the carset with gem.

Here is what's to do:
(hint: with "gpl-directory" or "gpl\..." i mean your root gpl folder, such as "C:\SIERRA\GPL" or wherever you installed it)

1.) You need the files from this thread, posts #2/#3 (you can choose between high and low winged brabham) to #13 and (important!) the update in post #40. ( I think you already have all of those files, but if you missed the update this could be the reason of all of your problems)

2.) Forget the instructions in the readme (copy of sound- and layout folder, and so on) as they are for use of shutaros carset changer. Here are the instructions for use of gem:

3.) open your gpl\cars folder. here you should have a folder called "cars67" and probably a few folders of other mods/carsets like "full65", "69wing" and/or others. create a new folder called "cars68"

4.) open this cars68 folder and unzip the files from posts #2/#3 to #9 into it.
make sure that the brabham files are in a brabham directory, the brm files in a brm directory and so on. but be carefull that there are no double subdirectorys such as cars68\brabham\brabham\

5.) put the update from post #40 into the cooper directory

6.) open your cars67\brabham directory, locate brabham.dat and copy it to your cars68\brabham directory. do the same for the other 6 cars.

7.) paste the file "mirror.mip" from the zip file of post #13 into your cars68 folder

8.) start gem, select the 69-mod (dropdown menu above carset picture), then select "cars68" in the car graphics dropdown menu under carset picture.
now start gpl, and start a training session (track does not matter) and try one car after the other. Normally they should work now without any problems.

Of corse you now have 69mod sounds, layouts and ai-drivers and you will have no gem preview pics, so lets solve this:

9.) rename the driver.ini (zip-file post #13) to "dric68.ini" and paste it into your root gpl directory

10.) download the zip attached to this post. in it you will find folders called "layout", "sound" and "pictures", and a file called "GPLC68.cst"

11.) paste the files from my layout folder to your gpl\layout directory and from my sound folder to your gpl\sound directory.

12.) paste the files from my pictures folder to the pictures directory of gem.

13.) copy "GPLC68.cst" to your gpl\mods\gem+ directory

14.) click on the "carsets" button in gem. there will appear a window which shows active and inactive carsets. in the inactive carsets collumn you should now have a carset called "GPLC68 (1968 Grand Prix)". click on it and then onto the arrow that points to the active side. the carset should now appear as an active carset. press OK

Now check your carset dropdown menu. under the original gpl, the 65-, 69- and tc-mod there should be a new carset, called "1968 Grand Prix". If you select this you should get the 68 cars with correct sounds, layouts and ai drivers. just the physics are from the 69-mod, as there are no correct 68-physics (yet).

I hope this helped and you get the carset to work.

NOTE: The wav and pbf files attached here are the ones that come with the 68-carset, i just renamed them, so that they can be used with gem without messing up original (1967) gpl. The lyt files are the ones from the 65-mod, i renamed and edited them, so that they call up 68-Layouts.
ALL CREDITS GO TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS

The jpg files (car preview pictures) are my own work, feel free to use them in any case you want.

I`ve found it`s best to install the carset as instructed in the post to me (above) by X5 494 but as I say, you have to have all the files needed to get it working properly. If you have all the files and follow those instructions you`ll have it working in no time.

If you don`t have the files they can be found over at rsc... (never mind the links mentioned by  X5 494 in the quoted post above as they don`t work, the links posted by TvO do) here

From post 248 by TvO.

Hope this helps.... if you have any further questions, just ask. :)

Edited by tjc, Nov 08 2009 - 02:09 PM.

#5 bobble83

bobble83

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted Nov 08 2009 - 04:29 PM

Thanks buddy! I will have a go at that when I get home from work and see if I can get it up and running.

Cheers

Paul :lol:

#6 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Nov 09 2009 - 06:11 AM

Np`s bobble but I`ve actually come across a wee problem...

I`m getting booted back to gem when I try to access the player/team info sections of the 68`s...

Would anybody know why maybe?

Everything else is fine.

If anybody has any ideas please post them up.

:)

#7 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Nov 10 2009 - 05:42 AM

Just giving this a :bump:

Can anybody tell me why I`m getting booted back to gem from player info screen etc?

Hope so...

#8 BookieW

BookieW

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted Nov 10 2009 - 01:29 PM

View Posttjc, on Nov 10 2009, 07:42 AM, said:

Can anybody tell me why I`m getting booted back to gem from player info screen etc?

Hope so...

It's something to do with the last two versions of GEM.  It will have to be addressed there.  The fellow who just did the Tasman carsets knew how to do his two screens to avoid the CTD.  (It also occurs with FD and FG cars too.)

Bookie

#9 bobble83

bobble83

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted Nov 10 2009 - 02:12 PM

View PostBookieW, on Nov 10 2009, 02:29 PM, said:

View Posttjc, on Nov 10 2009, 07:42 AM, said:

Hope so...

It's something to do with the last two versions of GEM.  It will have to be addressed there.  The fellow who just did the Tasman carsets knew how to do his two screens to avoid the CTD.  (It also occurs with FD and FG cars too.)

Bookie

Yeah, got chucked out too. Strange

#10 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Nov 10 2009 - 04:34 PM

View PostBookieW, on Nov 10 2009, 02:29 PM, said:

Bookie

Ahh ok... thanks for the explanation Bookie.

Hopefully it might be looked at and maybe a fix in one of the next versions or something similar.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links