#91 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Oct 25 2009 - 06:44 AM

:ermm:  Just a tip that I discovered by accident. If you delete the file player.ini.pregem from your player folder and then you load the unpatched GPL.exe and wipe all your records for the add on tracks in the process, Gem will make a backup of your current player.ini and then all you have to do is delete the new player.ini and delete the pregem off the file name of the other and you have not lost anything, no more cutting and pasting. I think if the pregem file exists, Gem will not make a backup so if you delete this file you won't have to worry about accidently deleting your records. :thumbup:
Craig

#92 JohnnyFiama

JohnnyFiama

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 29 2009 - 07:16 AM

There seem to be a couple of bugs in the 67 patch, unless it's just me (apologies if these have been reported before):

1. Changing the AI Speed via GEM seems to have no effect on the game.  When I looked at the files this is because GEM changes the value in "gpl_ai.ini" yet the game itself now uses "gpla67.ini".  I changed it from 1.0 to 1.15 via GEM and the AI still went the same speed.... you have to alter "gpla67.ini" manually.

2. The drop down list for selecting the cars folder no longer works for the 67s, no matter what you select it only uses "cars67".  I sometimes use alternate folders for some of the cars I've made but when I launch the game it is only using the cars in "cars67".  A small problem as I've just made another carset with different car folders but I thought someone might want to know.

#93 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted Oct 29 2009 - 10:07 AM

View PostJohnnyFiama, on Oct 29 2009, 01:16 PM, said:

There seem to be a couple of bugs in the 67 patch, unless it's just me (apologies if these have been reported before):

1. Changing the AI Speed via GEM seems to have no effect on the game.  When I looked at the files this is because GEM changes the value in "gpl_ai.ini" yet the game itself now uses "gpla67.ini".  I changed it from 1.0 to 1.15 via GEM and the AI still went the same speed.... you have to alter "gpla67.ini" manually.

2. The drop down list for selecting the cars folder no longer works for the 67s, no matter what you select it only uses "cars67".  I sometimes use alternate folders for some of the cars I've made but when I launch the game it is only using the cars in "cars67".  A small problem as I've just made another carset with different car folders but I thought someone might want to know.

Hi Johnny,
those problems are Gem 2.5.32 bugs. Mr T knows about them, so it is just a case of waiting for a new version.

paul

#94 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 517 posts

Posted Nov 05 2009 - 08:05 AM

When I choose a Training session under patched 67, the track selection screen has the old menu background. I definitely have the patched version up, everything else is at it should be, and it all works fine but the background is 'old-school'. Track selection screens for race etc are updated just not the training one. Am I missing a (lyt?) file or is it the same for everyone.

Attached File  TrackSelectionScreen.jpg   52.78K   78 downloads

#95 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted Nov 05 2009 - 08:27 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Nov 5 2009, 02:05 PM, said:

When I choose a Training session under patched 67, the track selection screen has the old menu background. I definitely have the patched version up, everything else is at it should be, and it all works fine but the background is 'old-school'. Track selection screens for race etc are updated just not the training one. Am I missing a (lyt?) file or is it the same for everyone.

Attachment TrackSel...onScreen.jpg

Thanks you for spotting this. Another error overlooked in testing.
Phew ! this damn 67 patch is turning out to be the most buggy piece of work we have ever released.  :shrug:

Anyway here is a fix.
Drop this trkc67.lyt into your layout folder.

I will also update the main d/l with it.

Attached Files

#96 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 517 posts

Posted Nov 05 2009 - 08:53 PM

View Postpaul skingley, on Nov 6 2009, 12:27 AM, said:

Phew ! this damn 67 patch is turning out to be the most buggy piece of work we have ever released.  :shrug:

Anyway here is a fix.

No problem Paul. Only a minor thing really but great to have it sorted as I love the new backgrounds as well as all the advantages of the 67 patch. Thanks once again for all the great work from you and the team.

Would it be at all possible to obtain a copy of the photos used for the backgrounds without the menu parts on them or is there a copyright issue there?

thanks
David

#97 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted Nov 06 2009 - 06:17 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Nov 6 2009, 02:53 AM, said:

Would it be at all possible to obtain a copy of the photos used for the backgrounds without the menu parts on them or is there a copyright issue there?

Art made the new layouts. I am sure he can help you out with photos.

Send him a PM HERE

paul

#98 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

Denny Hulme

• 739 posts

Posted Nov 07 2009 - 12:54 PM

View PostFrenchy, on Nov 5 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

Anyway here is a fix.

No problem Paul. Only a minor thing really but great to have it sorted as I love the new backgrounds as well as all the advantages of the 67 patch. Thanks once again for all the great work from you and the team.

thanks
David

Damn it. That was my mistake for sure. It seems that in the latest version I forgot to change the practrks namde to practc67 :(

My apologies :(

About the pictures I used for the layouts, I will compile them into a zip file and upload them here. No problem :)

AP

#99 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Assetto Corsa, RBR, Race 07, watching real races

Posted Nov 10 2009 - 03:18 AM

View PostArturo Pereira, on Nov 7 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

View PostFrenchy, on Nov 5 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

Anyway here is a fix.

thanks
David

Damn it. That was my mistake for sure. It seems that in the latest version I forgot to change the practrks namde to practc67 :(

My apologies :(

About the pictures I used for the layouts, I will compile them into a zip file and upload them here. No problem :)

Don't worry, it's a very minor thing. When I've noticed it I thought about something wrong in my install; changing practc67.pbf to practrks.pbf works for me. BTW, I like the new menu background images too, so thank you very much for them.
β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

Motorsport is dangerous, but life is even more

#100 Michael Valls

Michael Valls

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:gpl

Posted Jan 03 2010 - 11:55 AM

Hello all.  thanks for all the great work,  GPL just keeps getting better and Targa is Unbaleavably Outstanding.

I however am having some problems and have no idea how to fix them.

They seam to stem for 67 patch and Targa track.

When playing against the AI offline at Targa the pitlane for AI and player are moved up to just behind start finish on right side of track.  This is not a big deal except for the fact that there is a gardrail strattling every pitbox in some form.  So entering the track requires a reset.  At least some of the AI are able to leave this pitlane but I'm not sure about all of them.  I've also noticed that from the starting grid the brakes must be held to keep from rolling backwards.

When on or offline my setup page shows 999 laps possable no matter how much fuel I put in the car. Also when offline at the program or track selection page for Targa track the distance for race and laps is 0.0 miles and 0 laps???????      But online shows correct lap count

I am also having trouble with my GPL setup manager.  The program use to ask me if my setup was a 65 mod or not and now is asking me if my setup is a 66 mod or not.  No matter how I ansewer the setup will show 66 or 69 mod, I need 65 at the pressent.  I noticed that I have an old version of setup manager  1.0.0 how do I go about installing 1.1.6??????

All these problems have occured scence intalling the 67 1.3 patch and 65 2.02 patch.  Now I'm thinking I need to try to reinstall these or more patches in some correct order?????

Thanks so much again for all the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!

#101 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted Jan 03 2010 - 03:30 PM

View PostMichael Valls, on Jan 3 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

I am also having trouble with my GPL setup manager.  The program use to ask me if my setup was a 65 mod or not and now is asking me if my setup is a 66 mod or not.  No matter how I ansewer the setup will show 66 or 69 mod, I need 65 at the pressent.  I noticed that I have an old version of setup manager  1.0.0 how do I go about installing 1.1.6??????

Hi Michael,

Yes, your Setup Manager is quite out of date.

Assuming your installed version of Setup Manager came with GEM+, the program is located in the GPLSecrets/GPL Setup Manager directory.  You have to replace the entire GPL Setup Manager directory with the new v1.1.6 one.

If you have GPL Setup Manager installed elsewhere, start up GEM+, select the Configure button, then select the Path to Setup Manager button which should be the third button down.  It may read Path to GPLRE but select it anyway.  Then point it to the Setup Manager .exe.

Lee

#102 Michael Valls

Michael Valls

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jan 03 2010 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Lee!  I want to try that but should I delete or remove my gpl setup manager folder from my gplsecrets folder or maybe just the gpl setup manager exe?

#103 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted Jan 04 2010 - 07:26 AM

View PostMichael Valls, on Jan 3 2010, 07:47 PM, said:

Thanks Lee!  I want to try that but should I delete or remove my gpl setup manager folder from my gplsecrets folder or maybe just the gpl setup manager exe?

I'd replace the entire GPL Setup Manager directory to be safe.  v1.1.6 is a full up install so you don't need any of the previous files.

Lee

#104 Michael Valls

Michael Valls

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jan 10 2010 - 10:56 AM

Thanks again for the help Lee.  I have remored/deleted my gpl setup manager folder from gpl secrets folder and dried to install new verson of your setup manager.  I made a new folder in gpl secrets and have the new setup manager exe in that folder.  When I click the exe to install the program it has me find the path to my gpl.exe and after selecting the correct path I get an error that says.....

You are missing the program's saved default setup file for this mod year.  Please reinstall GPL Setup Mannager.

I keep getting this error.  I did not see the mannager in the add remove programs list.

?

#105 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted Jan 10 2010 - 04:56 PM

View PostMichael Valls, on Jan 10 2010, 11:56 AM, said:

Thanks again for the help Lee.  I have remored/deleted my gpl setup manager folder from gpl secrets folder and dried to install new verson of your setup manager.  I made a new folder in gpl secrets and have the new setup manager exe in that folder.  When I click the exe to install the program it has me find the path to my gpl.exe and after selecting the correct path I get an error that says.....

You are missing the program's saved default setup file for this mod year.  Please reinstall GPL Setup Mannager.

I keep getting this error.  I did not see the mannager in the add remove programs list.

Michael,

GPL Setup Manager doesn't install under Windows so you will not see nor need to use the Windows remove programs list.  Merely delete the GPL Setup Manager directory.

Here is a screenshot of my directory which shows the files that GPL Setup Manager needs.

What files do you have in your GPL Setup Manager Directory besides the GPL Setup Manager.exe?

Lee

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links