Jump to content


* * * * * 1 votes

67 Patch Released


  • Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#76 Frenchy

Frenchy

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 10 2009 - 08:34 AM

Just a word of warning regarding laptimes and the new 67patch.

After I applied the 67 patch, I generated an ini file from GPLRank and copy and pasted my lap times from add-on tracks in to player.ini. I then accidently ran GPL in unpatched mode (by starting GPL from VROC without starting VROC from GEM first) and afterwards all my times for add-on tracks were gone. If you then run GPL in patched mode and upload your times, your new times will overwrite the old in GPLRank. Fortunately, I still had the generated laptime.ini so it was not hard to revert once I worked out what was going on.

#77 miklkit

miklkit

    airhead

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:left coast, U.S.A.
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 10 2009 - 10:07 AM

:bigclap:Thank  you Frenchy!   :bowing:

I just raced over to GPLRank to check my times.  They are still intact.   :nervsmile:

Your findings need to be put on the top of the page in big bold letters.  

Now to figure out how to get those GPLRank ini's into my GPL.    :far-side:

#78 Pedro

Pedro

    Pedro

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hillegom - The Netherlands
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 10 2009 - 10:17 AM

View Postmiklkit, on Oct 10 2009, 06:07 PM, said:

Now to figure out how to get those GPLRank ini's into my GPL.
Didn't know this was posible  :o  Thanks!

#79 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 10 2009 - 05:50 PM

Good spot.   :thumbup:

Edited by Ken, Oct 10 2009 - 05:50 PM.


#80 Frenchy

Frenchy

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 11 2009 - 06:56 AM

View Postmiklkit, on Oct 11 2009, 02:07 AM, said:

Now to figure out how to get those GPLRank ini's into my GPL.

Generate the ini file at the GPLRank site and copy and paste the times into player.ini (be careful that you don't have a double entry for any of the times you've done since patching 67 or for the original tracks). The best laps screen will then display those times for tracks that are in 67season.ini (or the season you select in GEM), but all times should stay in your player.ini as long as you don't run GPL67 in unpatched mode (as I detailed above).

Edited by Frenchy, Oct 11 2009 - 10:38 AM.


#81 fajanko

fajanko

    Jani Posta

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hungary
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 11 2009 - 08:34 AM

My first GPLRA report after the patch can be seen below. (GPLRA 7.8.0 beta6.) The patch definetely changes something with ai teams. Does anyone else experience this? Is it a bug or a feature? Is it a known issue? Should I write this into a GPLRA topic?

Track: Rouen			 Sun Oct 11 16:17:37 2009

PRACTICE TIMES

Pos No Driver						   Team	 Nat	  Time	  Diff Laps
 1   5 Jim Clark						UnknownGBR 1m57.034s			 22
 2   9 Dan Gurney					   UnknownUSA 1m57.369s   00.335s   21
 3   1 Jack Brabham					 UnknownAUS 1m57.602s   00.568s   22
 4   2 Denny Hulme					  UnknownNZL 1m58.502s   01.468s   20
 5   3 Chris Amon					   UnknownNZL 1m58.555s   01.521s   22
 6   6 Graham Hill					  UnknownGBR 1m58.637s   01.603s	9
 7   7 John Surtees					 UnknownGBR 1m58.842s   01.808s   23
 8   4 Jani Posta					   Honda	CHI 1m59.378s   02.344s   12
 9  14 Jochen Rindt					 UnknownAUT 1m59.579s   02.545s   21
10   8 Jackie Stewart				   UnknownGBR 2m00.082s   03.048s   22
11  10 Mike Spence					  RaciBull GBR 2m00.521s   03.487s   19
12  15 Pedro Rodriguez				  UnknownMEX 2m00.701s   03.667s   22
13  17 Jo Siffert					   Ultrgrip SUI 2m02.000s   04.966s   16
14  13 Chris Irwin					  UnknownGBR 2m03.170s   06.136s   22
15  11 Jo Bonnier					   UnknownSWE 2m04.504s   07.470s   19
16  12 Guy Ligier					   UnknownFRA 2m13.344s   16.310s   20

All times are official
Generated with GPL Replay Analyser

And another thing: I can't recall, but could I have Ligier amongst the AI drivers before the patch? Considering his lap times, is he driving an F2 car? Anyway it's great. : )

#82 paul skingley

paul skingley

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 11 2009 - 09:37 AM

View Postfajanko, on Oct 11 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

My first GPLRA report after the patch can be seen below. (GPLRA 7.8.0 beta6.) The patch definetely changes something with ai teams. Does anyone else experience this? Is it a bug or a feature? Is it a known issue? Should I write this into a GPLRA topic?

The patch installs some track67.ini files which should make the AI more realistic.
But you can easily go back to how they were before by removing the track67.ini from the track folder.

The track67.ini are only installed to the championship tracks of 67.


paul

#83 Frenchy

Frenchy

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2009 - 06:19 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Oct 11 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

Just a word of warning regarding laptimes and the new 67patch.

After I applied the 67 patch, I generated an ini file from GPLRank and copy and pasted my lap times from add-on tracks in to player.ini. I then accidently ran GPL in unpatched mode (by starting GPL from VROC without starting VROC from GEM first) and afterwards all my times for add-on tracks were gone. If you then run GPL in patched mode and upload your times, your new times will overwrite the old in GPLRank. Fortunately, I still had the generated laptime.ini so it was not hard to revert once I worked out what was going on.

...and...if you start VROC with your F2 player, join an F2 race and then join another 67 race with your F1 player, Vroc will start in unpatched mode and resave player.ini without your add-on track laptimes. Even if you don't get in the car.

Paul, would it be ok to rename gplc67.exe to gpl.exe if I don't want to run 67's unpatched? Or will this upset the other mods?  Or can I just point VROC to gplc67.exe? Will that work?

Cheers
David

#84 fajanko

fajanko

    Jani Posta

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hungary
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2009 - 06:25 AM

View Postpaul skingley, on Oct 11 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

View Postfajanko, on Oct 11 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

My first GPLRA report after the patch can be seen below. (GPLRA 7.8.0 beta6.) The patch definetely changes something with ai teams. Does anyone else experience this? Is it a bug or a feature? Is it a known issue? Should I write this into a GPLRA topic?

The patch installs some track67.ini files which should make the AI more realistic.
But you can easily go back to how they were before by removing the track67.ini from the track folder.

The track67.ini are only installed to the championship tracks of 67.


paul

I see. In my case the track was Rouen, and no track67.ini file was found in the folder. Anyway, my problem is that GPLRA now cannot read (or rather misread) team datas from the replays.

#85 paul skingley

paul skingley

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2009 - 08:20 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Oct 12 2009, 01:19 PM, said:

Paul, would it be ok to rename gplc67.exe to gpl.exe if I don't want to run 67's unpatched? Or will this upset the other mods?  Or can I just point VROC to gplc67.exe? Will that work?

You could rename gplc67.exe to gpl.exe beacuse that is what Gem does when joining vroc via gem. After you exit vroc gem reverses the renaming.
If you make this name change manually, DO NOT start Gem in this configuration.

I do not have vroc installed ( I use igor ) so I do not know if vroc can point to gplc67.exe.


paul

#86 paul skingley

paul skingley

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2009 - 08:22 AM

View Postfajanko, on Oct 12 2009, 01:25 PM, said:

Should I write this into a GPLRA topic?

yes I think Martin Granberg needs to look at this.


paul

#87 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 12 2009 - 05:25 PM

View Postpaul skingley, on Oct 12 2009, 03:20 PM, said:

I do not have vroc installed ( I use igor ) so I do not know if vroc can point to gplc67.exe.


paul

For VROC you only point it to the GPL folder. I presume it is hard coded to use gpl.exe and cannot be reconfigured to use gplc67.exe, hence the need for a VROC button in GEM.

#88 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 12 2009 - 05:32 PM

View PostFrenchy, on Oct 10 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

Just a word of warning regarding laptimes and the new 67patch.

After I applied the 67 patch, I generated an ini file from GPLRank and copy and pasted my lap times from add-on tracks in to player.ini. I then accidently ran GPL in unpatched mode (by starting GPL from VROC without starting VROC from GEM first) and afterwards all my times for add-on tracks were gone. If you then run GPL in patched mode and upload your times, your new times will overwrite the old in GPLRank. Fortunately, I still had the generated laptime.ini so it was not hard to revert once I worked out what was going on.

Just checked and I must have made the same mistake. I had added all my addon track times so they showed on the Best Laps screen but now they have gone. I think I will stick to the old method of saving replays and using the GPLLaptimes.ini for the 67's. It is too risky to use the player.ini from the new patch when one click on gpl.exe will wipe out your times in an instant!!

#89 Frenchy

Frenchy

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 13 2009 - 06:49 AM

View Postpaul skingley, on Oct 13 2009, 12:20 AM, said:

View PostFrenchy, on Oct 12 2009, 01:19 PM, said:

Paul, would it be ok to rename gplc67.exe to gpl.exe if I don't want to run 67's unpatched? Or will this upset the other mods?  Or can I just point VROC to gplc67.exe? Will that work?

You could rename gplc67.exe to gpl.exe beacuse that is what Gem does when joining vroc via gem. After you exit vroc gem reverses the renaming.
If you make this name change manually, DO NOT start Gem in this configuration.

I do not have vroc installed ( I use igor ) so I do not know if vroc can point to gplc67.exe.


paul

Ok thx Paul

I need GEM for the mods etc so I'll leave it. You point VROC to the gpl folder not the exe so no good there. If everyone used iGor it wouldn't be a problem. The only practical solution I can see is if the patched version produces a separate player.ini (eg plac67.ini) but this would probably cause more complications. I'll just have to be careful and generate an ini file everytime I upload to GPLRank.

Thanks very much for your time
David

#90 fajanko

fajanko

    Jani Posta

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hungary
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 24 2009 - 10:52 AM

Well, what I did not expect (being naive?) my GPL 1.3 setups cannot be loaded in (others) GPL 1.2... Argh.. That's the second frustrating 1.3 thing for me -- beside the GPLRA problem... Everything else is great. Great features really, but I have these two issues and now am considering to reverse to 1.2 :(




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links