#16 Tharnvi

Tharnvi

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted Dec 01 2009 - 06:33 AM

View PostAristotelis, on Dec 1 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

It looks like you had lot's of fun again eh? Congrats for the win, thanks for the story. :)
Yes we had loads of fun!
Now we’re of to Road Atlanta in the “prototype class”. Lots of GT40 and 906 of different variants are expected but some drivers, like me, have make do with less powerful machinery as the Daytona, L88;s and Cobra 427.

#17 Tharnvi

Tharnvi

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted Dec 09 2009 - 01:09 AM

Road Atlanta
The penultimate race for the season where the “Petit Lemans”. Of course it was a clash of the titans in our prototype class. The fast GT40s of different kind and all the 906 variants backed up with 275 GTB/C Speciale, Cobra 427, L88 and Daytonas where assigned to the drivers on basis of their results in the last race.  I had the misfortune to be in one Daytona due to my win at the last race. When the race was over I was lapped by everyone still running, and three laps behind the winning GT40 Gulf, but still with a grin on my face. The fight for the podium was fearsome. There where o more then five seconds between first and fifth at any point in the race. The GT40 Gulfs was always a head at the end of the back stretch and the 906 variants sneaked by in the corners at the other side of the track. Three GT40 Gulf took the podium places followed by four 906. The 906/8 cars had bad luck and where beaten by the 906-E due to driver mistakes and problem with engine overheating. Almost all the drivers did a good job in bringing the cars home at this challenging track. Only four out of 23 drivers suffered a DNF and that’s a remarkable achievement just taken the deadly run down to the last turn in to account.
Next time we are of to Spa 1967 for the championship decider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links