Irridux 68 Carset
Posted Feb 26 2015 - 06:47 AM
Posted Feb 26 2015 - 07:11 AM
So just to recap:
1.) Get the cars68 car folder from the first post in the thread, or by assembling it by hand from here http://srmz.net/inde...321 in which case, don't forget to place a mirror.mip file next to the car folders ('brabham' 'brm' 'coventry' etc). Place inside the GPL 'cars' folder, so next to the 'cars67' folder.
2.) Get the driver_cars68.ini file from the first post in the thread, or here http://srmz.net/inde...321 . Place inside root GPL folder, next to driver.ini file. Then rename driver_cars68.ini to dric68.ini.
3.) Get the file 68carset_files X5 494 from http://srmz.net/inde...321 . Follow further instructions below:
1) Extract zip to a temporary location.
2) Place the file 'gplc68.cst' into your ...\SIERRA\gpl\Mods\GEM+ folder
3) Place the files from the extracted layout folder into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\layout folder
4) Place the files from the extracted sound folder into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\sound folder
5) Place the pictures from the extracted pictures folder into the right car folder:
-- cars68.jpg should go into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\cars\cars68 folder
-- cars68_0.jpg should go into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\cars\cars68\brabham folder
-- cars68_1.jpg should go into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\cars\cars68\brm folder.
It could also be that they have the be named 'gempic', so if they don't work rename them to that.
4.) Open up GEM+, go to carsets, and move the 1968 Grand Prix (1969) to the active carsets column. 1969 is in brackets because it uses the physics from the 1969 mod part 3 (the original 1969 mod with 7 cars, not the 1969-Extra mod with more cars). If you don't have the 1969 part 3 mod, GEM+ should move the physics to 1967 by default. Press 'OK' to get out of the carset popup window.
5.) Choose 1968 Grand Prix and the player of your choice in GEM+ and press the GPL button to go racing!
Edited by TvO, Feb 26 2015 - 07:25 AM.
Posted Feb 27 2015 - 10:33 AM
Create a folder named cars68 and put the 7 car folders inside that folder. Then, don't forget to place a mirror.mip file next to the car folders like is the case in the other car folders like cars67.
Then just follow the steps outlined above to make everything work.
Posted Oct 22 2017 - 04:16 PM
If anyone is interested in the Irridux 1968 it could be uploaded here maybe?
Edited by Millennium, Oct 22 2017 - 04:16 PM.
Posted Oct 23 2017 - 12:41 PM
Posted Oct 24 2017 - 12:12 PM
1. Just unrar and drop everything in your GPL folder. It probably will ask if you want to recplace some items in the layout folder, but those are duplicates so it doesn't matter if you replace them or not. Just make a backup of each folder first if you want to be completely sure.
2. The Brabham high wing configuration is active in this set, but in the car folder you will find a backup for both of the Brabham wing configurations. To get the low wing version active just empty the brabham folder and drop all the files from the Brabham low wing rar. in that folder.
3. There are still some graphical glitches in the Player menu when selecting a team. But at least I haven't encountered any crashes.
4. The dric68.ini is included as well, so you can drive against the AI.
5. I've only collected all of the (needed) available files in one big complete file, I did not make or change any of them. All credits go to the original creators.
Edited by Millennium, Oct 24 2017 - 12:37 PM.
Posted Apr 11 2018 - 10:17 AM
The files in post #1 seem to be v1. Yet i have v2 and v2 pre-wings and other files (see attached screen shot). Are these missing files? I can't seem to match them up with anything on any 1968 threads. Any need to re-post any files here?
[EDIT] Looks like TvO posted the v2 files here http://srmz.net/inde...321
Still not found any copy of the v2 pre-wings or online files.
Capture.JPG 45.99K 26 downloads
[EDIT] Posted these now in this thread
Edited by webfoot, Apr 15 2018 - 08:16 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users