steve lord

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 19 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostLarko29, on May 03 2009 - 09:17 PM, said:

Anyone with a Logitech Black Momo tried this patch? What settings did you use? I tried the default but it felt like I was driving on ice, didn't have time to tweak much as I was racing online.

Keen to experiment more though.

Thanks Brr

I have the black MOMO wheel and I've just downloaded the ffb2 patch and love it.

My settings are:

(In Logitech Game Contoller settings): Overall Effects Strength = 100% (Spring/Damper/and Center Spring = 0%)
(In GEM+ under CONTROLS): Latency = 0 / Damping = 0 / Maximum Force = 300

Hope this helps!
Steve

#32 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Various

Posted Sep 04 2011 - 08:12 AM

Just came across this :duh: where have I been :P

Many thanks brr... :hat-tip:

#33 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted Jan 14 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm gonna try this and see how I like it :) I own an ECCI 7000 FFB wheel.

#34 JohnnyAck

JohnnyAck

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 16 2012 - 09:38 AM

View Postisamu, on Jan 14 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Where do you live?? I wanna come and try it:)

#35 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted Jan 16 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostJohnnyAck, on Jan 16 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

View Postisamu, on Jan 14 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Where do you live?? I wanna come and try it:)

Hehe...it's got stiff competition from Frex and maybe even the Elite from Fanatec these days, so I'm not sure how long it'll remain the king of wheels y'know :D

I have to say, brr's FFB patch makes driving the cars sooo much better for me. I like my wheel with strong and more accurate ffb and this patch delivers that in spades! Great job brr!!!  :thumbup:

#36 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:41 PM

Guys I just got back into GPL today for a quick session. It's been so long since I played it forgot what FFB settings I use. I got on the track and my wheel nearly broke my wrists! I have an ECCI 7000 ffb wheel with a motor torque power rating of 25NM. Very very strong and I may have in fact injured something in my wrists.

Suffice it to say, the ffb is way too strong in GPL and I need to turn it down. I don't want to have to turn down the ffb in windows control panel, and would prefer to turn it down in GPL only. Can someone refresh my memory on how to accomplish this using BRR's ffb update patch?

I went to "controls" in GEM and set the maximum strength down from 250 to 50, and it made it worse :(

Edited by isamu, Jan 31 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#37 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,320 posts

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:12 PM

Going from 250 to 50 will make it WAY stronger.  It's opposite to what you'd think.  Go to 400 for starters and reduce gradually to increase the force.

#38 brr

brr

a GPL editor

• Members
  • 1,244 posts

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 12:59 AM

25Nm is very strong so you should perhaps set a target percentage of torque on your ffb wheel which you don't want to exceed. For example, if you want GPL to stay within 50 percent of maximum torque, that would approximately require a core.ini setting max_steering_torque = 700.0. Almost all GPL cars generate a steering torque less than 350N*inch (damn imperial units) during normal driving, and the core.ini value defines the point where ffb torque is maximum so the ffb wheel would use only half the torque its capable of producing. Note that collisions may produce higher than 350N*inch steering torque.

Edited by brr, Feb 01 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#39 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:20 AM

thanks guys

#40 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted Mar 23 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hi.
I was trying to improve the settings of my G25 and discovered this patch. I found it to work very good on 1969x and F2 mods, but I just can´t configure it adequately to work with original cars and other mods.

I think some damping is necessary when accelerating and the rear end is starting to slide, and also when braking. At least I feel it helps me giving a better feedback with the car. I'm suspecting that 1969x and F2 mods incorporate in their FF something of damping even if you wanna eliminate it completely.

Well, my question: How this patch interacts with the setting in GEM? If you use the patch, this completely ignores the settings in GEM? Or is still possible to add some damping from there?

I have to say that in the 1969x and F2 mods, this patch is way better (in my view) that the original FF. Thanks very much!

Cheers, Marcos.

#41 BrettSRMZ

BrettSRMZ

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 02:30 AM

This is brilliant, G27 user, 0,0,150.  The FFB is just brilliant now.

#42 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted Sep 14 2015 - 11:03 PM

What ever happened to Brr? Br if you're out there, hope you're OK mate.

#43 Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:music sports car racing astronomy

Posted Aug 01 2017 - 10:30 PM

Hi all.

Enter the time machine and its now summer of 2017! I have just returned to online sim racing thanks to Lou Magyar and the LoPeN league.

When I left sim racing in 2010 a patch for rFactor called 'Real Feel' was still being integrated into various rF mods. I liked it and preferred it to what were called 'canned' FF effects.

This GPL ff2 patch seems very similar. Am I right?

I have installed the patch and set my core.ini values to zero latency and damping and 300 torque.

I have a few questions concerning some settings options.

1- You mention wheel software. Are you referring to Windows device properties, or in my case, Logitech's Wingman app., which is seldom used? Is the Wingman app supposed to be running?

2- in the Windows Device properties there are a few options not discussed here yet: The checkboxes!

enable force feedback checkbox  = checked (?)

overall effects strength 100%
spring effect strength 0
damper effect strength 0

enable centering spring in FF Games checkbox = checked (?)
centering spring strength 0

Allow game to adjust settings checkbox = checked (?)

3- For online racing: The IGOR checkboxes and settings!

In IGOR/ 'join race' tab ...

options ...
Override Force feedback checkbox = unchecked (?)
FF settings... / ForceForm tab
Enable Force Feedback  checkbox = unchecked (?)

Default values entered: (I tried to change these but the changes revert back to these values.)
Damping 40.0
latency 0.085
Torque 225.0

Thanks.

I like the concept but as with rF 'Real Feel' this ff2 patch seems that it will require a fair amount of tweaking to get right.

I note that using centering spring was still a question mark back in 2007-2010 as in-game physics were still not handling this right.

Also, the biggest obvious difference between sim and real world was the feel of the steering when the car is fully stopped. The front wheels should be REALLY hard to move, almost impossible to move the steering wheel until some forward motion is initiated.

Thoughts on these concepts in this ff2 path?

I am personally looking for immediate sensation from my wheel when I initiate a turn. I would like to feel the grit of the track as I turn. I am not getting that atm but I am still trying to tweek the settings

In rFactor. "Real Feel' was only supported by a few mods at first. By 2010, there was talk of rF having Real Feel fully integrated in rF2. Are all GPL mods (2017) compatible with ff2?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers.

PH

Edited by Paul Harwood, Aug 01 2017 - 10:37 PM.

#44 Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:music sports car racing astronomy

Posted Aug 01 2017 - 10:37 PM

Hi again,

Also, what about the core.ini value for "FFB steer vibe freq mult = 0.2000000" ?? What does this do?

Thanks.

Edited by Paul Harwood, Aug 01 2017 - 11:09 PM.

#45 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Aug 02 2017 - 03:38 AM

Did you do a fresh install with the all-in-one-installer 1.08?

Never saw this line in a GPL core.ini - "FFB steer vibe freq mult = 0.2000000"

I use FFB2 from the beginning, 0-0-380 with a little centering 25% to feel the car when standing.
Wingman profiler is not needed to autorun, but it helps to have the wheel calibrated sometimes.

With Linux-wine all works same, except there is no centering force possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links