• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 11 2009 - 03:09 AM

The old link is from RSC:

http://forum.rscnet....ad.php?t=269352

Description:

GPL Key Master is a utility designed for keyboard drivers, to overcome the configuration limitations that GPL imposes when assigning keys to control GPL.

While creating new graphics for GPL mods I found that I needed to be able to quickly test new MIPs by jumping into GPL and doing a quick test drive to see whatever I had been editing. Setting up my wheel to be able to do so was tiresome and I decided to configure GPL to use the keyboard so I could test edits more efficiently. I quickly found that the range of keys that GPL allowed me to use were restrictive to say the least, and so GPL Key Master was born.

GPL Key Master edits a driver controls.cfg directly to allow you to assign practically any key to a control in GPL. To use it, simply open the desired controls.cfg file, assign the keys you require and save the file. A more detailed description of the process is included in the readme.txt file.

You must have the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed on your computer for GPLKM to function. If you don't have it already, it can be downloaded from The Microsoft Download Centre.

I have had this application sitting on my hard drive for a number of months but have not released it due to it being a beta and untested on other machines. I do not forsee myself having the time to complete it so I thought I had best release it as is.

This software is a beta and so may contain bugs. It uses a UK keyboard layout for assignment so keys that you select may not be displayed correctly in the application. They should, however, still work correctly in the sim (I hope!).
Some combinations of keys do not work, but I am not sure which, so please feel free to report non-working keys and other bugs in this thread. I cannot guarantee that I will be able to refine the application but if I do get a chance to I will be happy to do so.

Cheers,
do0g

6/12/2006 - 0.9.0.19 - Initial Beta Release

Edited by dangermouse, Apr 11 2009 - 04:53 AM.

#2 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,935 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 11 2009 - 04:52 AM

now found here:

Attached File  GPLKM_0.9.0.19.zip   714.17K   915 downloads

You can also find this GPL keyboard editor here - unfortunately I don't know who made it.
(If you need Msvbvm50.dll you can find it HERE.)

Attached File  GPLkeys.zip   13.17K   420 downloads

:wave:
keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image

#3 Otavio Silveira

Otavio Silveira

Keyboard nutter

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted Apr 11 2009 - 11:12 AM

I developed GPLkeys ;)

Thanks to make it available once more here, DM
Otavio "Eletricman" Silveira
GPLRank (keys): -26.348 | MoG: -73.797

Don't worry about slow evolution. You should only worry no evolution. No radical changes will happen overnight with us, so keep the faith and never give up.

#4 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,935 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing

Posted Apr 11 2009 - 01:08 PM

View PostOtavio Silveira, on Apr 11 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

I developed GPLkeys ;)

Thanks to make it available once more here, DM
Cool - thanks.  :thumbup:
keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image

#5 Greg

Greg

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted Oct 04 2010 - 11:09 AM

Is there a way to assign shft-R to a key?  My G25 will not allow it anymore.  Thanks,

#6 thomass

thomass

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted Oct 04 2010 - 11:13 AM

the latest version of GPLshift allows you to assign Shift-R to any G25 button.
Have a look into the GPLshift.ini.

Thomas
Grand Prix Legends is not a racing simulator...

...it simulates racing cars on race tracks - but - the racing is real!
Find out about real racing with GPL: GPLRACER Mods Racing League

#7 Zwer

Zwer

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Jan 10 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm having problems with the combination of GPLkeys and the game. When I open GPL I immediately have calibrate the joystick/wheel, but obviously I don't have any...

Also I can't install the 'modified' wheel in the configuration screen, but my pc (win xp sp2) won't accept it's connected.
How do I get it to run, I'm hoping to race some legendary races!

Thanks Zwer

#8 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 1,674 posts

Posted Jan 10 2012 - 08:01 PM

I don't understand.  You say "I immediately have calibrate the joystick/wheel, but obviously I don't have any..." but then you say something about a "modified wheel".

If you're using keys for steering etc, just hit ok for the calibration without doing any calibration.  Then assign the keys that you want to use.

#9 TCB1

TCB1

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:laba

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm having a problem with the GPKLM application. Every time i try and open it it gives error and says "fail to initialize properly". What to do?

#10 a4p

a4p

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:F1

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:14 PM

If this thread is still alive...

How do I create a controls.cfg file if I don't have joystick, steering wheel or numpad?

The game requires all the controls to be assigned, but I am not able to set steering controls. How could I fix this? May anyone lend me his own .cfg file in order to get GPLKM to work?

Please, help me.

#11 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 1,674 posts

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 12:40 PM

If you just want to delete the old controls.cfg and create a new one to see if you can restart from scratch, just delete it in the player name folder and when you restart GPL a new one will be created.  Then you'll be back to where you have to assign keys in the GPL controllers menu.

#12 a4p

a4p

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:F1

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 03:37 AM

Thank you for replying, however my issue is: I cannot create a .cfg file because of the steering controls problem.

In other words, in-game controls regarding "steering" don't have an input assigned because Grand Prix Legends doesn't get other input devices than numpad, joysticks, joypads or steering wheels,

I don't have joysticks etc. > Driver profile folder will miss a .cfg file > GPL Key Master won't work because of the lack of a .cfg file > I cannot assign keys like letters or dots to the various controls

Is there a way to work this around?

Edited by a4p, Jan 27 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#13 voodzia

voodzia

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:GPL,NR2k3,RallyTrophy

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Posta4p, on Jan 27 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

I don't have joysticks etc. > Driver profile folder will miss a .cfg file > GPL Key Master won't work because of the lack of a .cfg file > I cannot assign keys like letters or dots to the various controls

Is there a way to work this around?
I used to play GPL with keys so there must be a way to assign keys (even without some 3rd party utils). Anyway, as I don't have the game now, cannot give you right solution but please take a look at another topic that I think might help you with your problem. Here's a link:
http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=8805
Just check posts #2 and #3.

#14 RacerBG

RacerBG

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Old (classic) racing games.

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postdangermouse, on Apr 11 2009 - 04:52 AM, said:

now found here:

Attachment GPLKM_0.9.0.19.zip

You can also find this GPL keyboard editor here - unfortunately I don't know who made it.
(If you need Msvbvm50.dll you can find it HERE.)

Attachment GPLkeys.zip

:wave:

Thank you man, you are my saviour! :bowdown2: The keyboard configuration was a must for me. Long live GPL!

Gentlemens, start your engines!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links