Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:4 wheels, 2 wheels
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 08 2009 - 12:34 PM

View Postlonestarr, on Mar 8 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

A few weeks? Oh my. Here i thought it would be mere days... Anyway, keep up the good work, i guess we will just have to wait a wee bit longer :)

Well, on the positive side that gives you time to plan for when it IS here.... NOW is the time to get any holidays out the way, finish anything important at work ('cos quitting to spend more time at home would be overkill........wouldn't it???) , spring clean the house, make sure the cupboards are full of food, visit relatives so that's out the way for a while etc etc etc.

With all that taken care of you'll be able to focus on TF when it comes out!!

I'm going to stop there, cos I'm getting worried ... about me - I wrote this for a laugh, but its starting to make sense.....     :blink:

Well done to both the TF and spotscars development teams - I cannot imagine how much work this has been

Rick

Edited by RickA, Mar 08 2009 - 12:34 PM.

#33 fux

fux

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Mar 08 2009 - 12:50 PM

a work of a artist!
better than any other sim around
respect and good luck for the release

#34 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted Mar 08 2009 - 01:13 PM

View PostRickA, on Mar 8 2009, 06:34 PM, said:

Well, on the positive side that gives you time to plan for when it IS here....

:) exactly.

You have to remember it will take you as long to do ONE LAP as it does to do an int/long race at any other track  :eek:

Then it will take you hour and hours before you get a clean lap  :cool:

paul

#35 Craig

Craig

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted Mar 08 2009 - 03:11 PM

Greetings everyone!
This is my first post at this amazing repository of GPL, but I have to say this about Targa Florio, Absolutely Brillant!
Since I've just recently got back into GPL after a long hiatus, I've been building up my GPL folder, finding my favorites, and so on...
There is one question tho, wasn't there a limit to the length of a GPL track?  After reading about the Isle of Man track, and his problems with the track length, how did you overcome that problem?  Your track says its over 40 miles long.  

Cheers!
Craig

#36 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted Mar 08 2009 - 03:16 PM

View PostCraig, on Mar 8 2009, 09:11 PM, said:

Greetings everyone!
This is my first post at this amazing repository of GPL, but I have to say this about Targa Florio, Absolutely Brillant!
Since I've just recently got back into GPL after a long hiatus, I've been building up my GPL folder, finding my favorites, and so on...
There is one question tho, wasn't there a limit to the length of a GPL track?  After reading about the Isle of Man track, and his problems with the track length, how did you overcome that problem?  Your track says its over 40 miles long.  

Cheers!
Craig

The brilliant Mr Pattinson overcame the track length problem.
You will also be pleased to know that Jim Pearson is working on a full length I.O.M.

paul

#37 Kanzo

Kanzo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 01:30 AM

Please, hold it a couple more weeks! I´m reading a book called Targa Florio (The Porsche and Ferrari years´ 1955-1964) and I´ve still got 85 pages to read! Fascinating stuff!  :yess:

Oh yeah, and the movie was fantastic. I love the horizon and the houses (are they from Cerda, Caltavuturo, Scillato, Collesano or Campofelice?) are just incredible!  :wub:

Edited by Kanzo, Mar 09 2009 - 01:31 AM.

#38 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 01:50 AM

Exceptional! Exceptional movie, exceptional work by exceptionally talented and dedicated people!

WD guys!

#39 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 03:04 AM

I remember this Brockbank cartoon from many years ago.  It translates out, more or less, to:-
'Believe me friends, in no other place in the world would you be able to find a more enthusiastic and informed sporting crowd, than that which we have today, here in sunny Sicily.'

Attached File  brockbank.jpg   140.07K   110 downloads

#40 DennisT

DennisT

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 04:26 AM

That is one great looking track.

Congrats to all who have spent many, many hours of their time to bring such a work of art. :clap2:  :clap2: :clap2:  

Thanks to all & can't wait to have it available.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by DennisT, Mar 09 2009 - 04:27 AM.

#41 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,731 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 05:20 AM

View PostKanzo, on Mar 9 2009, 08:30 AM, said:

Oh yeah, and the movie was fantastic. I love the horizon and the houses (are they from Cerda, Caltavuturo, Scillato, Collesano or Campofelice?) are just incredible!  :wub:
In order as you see in the movie: Campofelice di Roccella, Cerda and Collesano, then again Campofelice di Roccella.

Benzman, that's a good one :thumbup:

Edited by Ginetto, Mar 09 2009 - 05:23 AM.

#42 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 848 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 07:31 AM

I bow down. Can't wait for the releases. Thanks for all your hard work on these projects.

:notworthy:

#43 Richard Crozier

Richard Crozier

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 09:32 AM

Can I sincerely request that you release this no earlier than 22nd May.

...Otherwise, I WILL fail all my exams :D

Absolute stunning work. This is the one release I have anticipated above all others for ANY sim of the past few years. As others have already said, this will be a masterpiece, and a milestone in simracing history.

#44 Ico Oliveira

Ico Oliveira

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 09:58 AM

View PostRichard Crozier, on Mar 9 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Absolute stunning work. This is the one release I have anticipated above all others for ANY sim of the past few years. As others have already said, this will be a masterpiece, and a milestone in simracing history.

As Richard said, GPL is setting a new standard in the world of Sims thanks from the hard work of some bright minds of its community. Respect and well done!!! :thumbup:

I guess now we may expect soon the 1906 Mod, with the Itala, Brasier and Dietrich as well as some tracks like Le Mans (103 km), Auvergne (548 km) and, of course, the Long Madonie version of Targa (148 km)...  :rolleyes:

#45 Dark - guest

Dark - guest
  • Guests

Posted Mar 09 2009 - 01:45 PM

The server must be getting hammered because the download speed isn't great here so i haven't got the time to download the preview. But reading its only a matter of weeks until the release is wonderful news! A big thumbs up to the Targa team, thanks guys  :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links