• 17 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends,GTL,IL-2,ArmA2OA,I44
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 05 2010 - 06:24 PM

View Postdangermouse, on Feb 05 2010 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostWhizkid, on Feb 05 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

View Postbrr, on Feb 05 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostWhizkid, on Feb 05 2010 - 12:23 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply, brr. Could you re-upload that patch here, as the original one that I have picked up a Trojan virus and is unusable. I had to re-install all of GPL because of it! GRRRRRRRR!

Its very likely a false positive:

http://virusscan.jot...761b759dcae3ed7
Thanks so much, brr. That's an excellent tool which I didn't know existed. Only two out of the twenty scanners reported a Trojan, so I think you're correct....false-positive. I'll D/L your patch again and use it.

I was going to say you were using AVG but I see that on brr's test it didn't show AVG as causing a problem. Which antivirus are you using?
Hi, DM! A pleasure to talk to you guys, who I've read many times but I've not had a reason to clutter up the airwaves, so to speak. I'm usually found on Speedgeezers-GPL-Vor, with that bunch, or on CombatSim wrecking aircraft!
To your question, I use AVG, which has never been a problem, except that you can't stop it when D/L'ing and installing, you have to close it completely. Strange they don't give an Option for that. I'd still like an answer to my query about Neals read-me for the V2s, as I find it really confusing as to how to change the Conf.ini without mucking things up. And when I install brrs patch an error message tells me it can't install because it can't find Pribluda.dllV2. Well, neither can I so where is it? And how do I get it? Sorry, you old hands, stop yawning and go drive or something!

#32 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car racing
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Feb 05 2010 - 08:02 PM

Hello Whizkid :wave:.

Well this is what I did:

1. Downloaded Pribulda v1.1.1.0 from http://www.amirkamal...uda_readme.html (scroll down page to see link).

- Copy all 5 files to the main GPL directory. "Yes" to overwrite.

2. Downloaded Pribula Patch at http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3731.

- Copy the Pribulda patch to the GPL main directory.

3. Downloaded Batch files at http://srmz.net/inde...pic=3731&st=120 (scroll down to post 126).

- Copy both batch files to GPL folder. Click on the pribuldapatch batch icon. Press enter. It will set itself then auto exit.

Now go into GEM, select the GL V2 option.

Launch GPL, the pribulda should work.

And it should look like this...

Attached Files

Edited by mouse, Feb 05 2010 - 08:31 PM.

The last thing he said to me, "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper.

#33 Whizkid

Whizkid

Whizkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 12:23 AM

Thank you very much, Mouse. This will surely help. If you have a good copy of the Pribluda Batch File could you please upload it here, as when I d/l it from the link above it carries a Trojan Horse virus and won't allow itself to be opened and copied to GPL. The Batch file opener is OK and I put it in GPL. I thought it was a reporting error, but I guess it really does have a virus on that link.

#34 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,935 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 01:41 AM

View PostWhizkid, on Feb 05 2010 - 06:24 PM, said:

To your question, I use AVG,
That says it all. Just look through SRMZ for people that complain about viruses on this forum and they all have AVG.
keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image

#35 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car racing
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 06:18 AM

Heres the link for the original file posted and originated by Jumi2.

http://srmz.net/inde...opic=3731&st=36 (scroll down to post 46).

...best of luck with this one.
The last thing he said to me, "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper.

#36 miklkit

miklkit

airhead

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 12:54 PM

All this stuff really needs to be put on the front page so we can find it better.

I use AVG.  After suffering with Norton, MaCaffee, and others not doing the job and throwing out hds because of it, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

#37 Whizkid

Whizkid

Whizkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted Feb 06 2010 - 01:39 PM

Thanks all for the help, but I still need a clean copy of the Pribluda Patch by brr. I tried the Batch file opener, and no go, as it says it can't find the Pibluda .dllV2 file, which I assume comes with the Pribluda Patch. So, anyone got the clean Patch?

#38 Hooked

Hooked

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Mar 09 2010 - 10:44 PM

Thanks to Nigel for all the fine work he's done to keep the sim alive. With the outstanding new tracks (Jackseller's Zeltweg 1971 for example) being added GPL is as fun as it's always been.

Hooked

#39 jsolly

jsolly

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Mar 15 2010 - 03:54 AM

Excellent work, I've always had problems in the replay screens with odd coloring (green) around the info, the only problem with these is disappearing buttons, but it is significantly better than it used to be.  Thank you! :thumbup:

#40 do0g

do0g

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Jun 29 2010 - 08:07 AM

Hi all,

Nigel, just wanted to say thanks again for these - they're amongst the most important add-ons for GPL as they make it possible to run the game on modern hardware.

I appreciate it may not be possible, but I've set up a triple screen eyefinity setup and the black borders are exaggerated with such a high aspect ratio; is it possible that you might be able to disable the borders?

PS - Keith, the download links aren't working but I have the files on my hard drive if you need them re-uploaded.

Cheers,
Doug

#41 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 517 posts

Posted Jun 29 2010 - 11:46 PM

There is an option in Prib v1.1.1.0 to change the ratio of the black bars.

From the readme;

blackBarRatio 0.1041 Ratio of the black bars at the top/bottom of the screen to the full height of the display. You almost certainly do not need to change this.

I've never tried changing this until now but changing values in this line seemed to have no effect for me.

#42 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 517 posts

Posted Jun 30 2010 - 12:00 AM

There is an option in Prib v1.1.1.0 to change the ratio of the black bars.

From the readme;

blackBarRatio 0.1041 Ratio of the black bars at the top/bottom of the screen to the full height of the display. You almost certainly do not need to change this.

I've never tried changing this until now but changing values in this line seemed to have no effect for me.

Edit:although it does seem to have some unwanted effect on the overlay boards

#43 Zucar

Zucar

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Jan 14 2011 - 04:52 PM

View Postmikeyt, on Feb 22 2009 - 05:39 AM, said:

These rasterisers are awesome! I've been trying for ages to get my GPL installation to work with my screens native resolution (1680x1050) but didn't have any success. It wasn't until I downloaded these rasterizes that I could get this to work and it makes a HUGE difference to the quality. Thanks heaps,
Mike.

I totally agree!  Same result for me and now the game is fun again and far better than ever.

Thank you Nigel!!!

#44 Ico Oliveira

Ico Oliveira

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hello friends, I'm finally installing the Can-Am mode being back to GPL after some years absence. Would like to install Nigel's rasterizers but the download links on Post #1 appears to be off.

Can someone help me with that?

Thanks!
Regards,
Ico
<<<<------- Pipoca Racing, the prancing Pinscher!

#45 Guest_TvOGuest_

Guest_TvOGuest_
  • Guests

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 03:25 PM

If you have installed the Can Am mod, the rasterisers should also be located in the 'repository' folder in your gpl root folder. Have a look there :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links