• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rachet1

rachet1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Interests:racing sims(gpl,gt3,gt4,colin mcrae rally3,wrc, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4), reading, astronomy
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 20 2007 - 05:26 AM

The other night after a race we were talking in the chatroom & someone said he jumped at the start because from the back of the grid the green flag was hard to see. Bob mentioned that he thought that a larger green flag was available but lost the addon when his computer crashed. Does anyone know if such an addon is still available?  :confused:

Thanks, Rich :thumbup:

#2 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 20 2007 - 05:01 PM

I believe you want Keeper's flag4

Attached File  keeper_flag4.zip   207.85K   177 downloads

This is what they look like:

Attached File  startani.gif   31.96K   79 downloadsAttached File  holdani.gif   29.12K   78 downloadsAttached File  waveani.gif   30.85K   76 downloadsent]Attached File  checkani.gif   43.97K   106 downloads

:wave:

#3 Bob

Bob

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:sports cars, racing, GPL

Posted Sep 20 2007 - 07:30 PM

no, not exactly dmouse, we've already got that .... I had a file where the flag was visibly larger, by maybe 50% .... my system crashed and I lost several years of good add ons like the one we are now looking for .... we'll keep looking and maybe somebody will know of the file we're talking about .... thanks

#4 ACHIM KRAFT

ACHIM KRAFT

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends (some mods only)
    MODS:1965/1969EXTRA/TC-2/1965-Night

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 12:51 AM

Hi all !

I think, i know what is needed and i think i have it allready installed on my GPL.

There was a fix for the starter with a bigger flag in green color. This is a big help for online races with staggered grids. And it is compatible with the flagger Keith was posting above.

Normally i save all files i download and install on my HD. Later at home (in 6 or 7 hours) i will have a search in my archive to help out.

Greetings

Achim

Edited by ACHIM KRAFT, Sep 21 2007 - 12:52 AM.

#5 Bob

Bob

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 08:18 AM

Achim to the rescue :clap2: .... yes, it did only affect the green start flag .... I was beginning to think I imagined it :wave:

#6 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,320 posts

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 10:12 AM

My thoughts on this are:

1) If you don't like not being able to see the flag, qualify closer to the front. :)  Not easily seeing the flag is one of the many disadvantages of qualifying poorly, like having to pass slower drivers etc.

2) If you're way at the back, possibly more of your attention should be on the car just ahead of you

3) Maybe I have better screen res, but I can see the movement of the flag even at the back of the grid, unless the grid has been modified to be much more stretched out.  You do have to know where he is though.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Sep 21 2007 - 10:14 AM.

#7 Bob

Bob

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 11:02 AM

Normally i save all files i download and install on my HD. Later at home (in 6 or 7 hours) i will have a search in my archive to help out.
I hope Achim finds the file, he obviously knows the file we are talking about

out of the hundreds of races we have run, this is the first time I can recall this happening .... we have no problems going when the guy in front goes .... a new guy inititated the false start, and a couple of our regulars got fooled into moving, they don't usually have a problem

I had used this larger flag for a long time and it is helpful, be it on the pole, mid-pack or wherever .... when I test a track, I can almost always see the flag at the back of the grid, unless it is a short straight with a tight final turn, Monsanto for example

I do stretch the grid, because we race the lesser used and tougher tracks that others usually don't race .... a 2x1 staggered grid makes for an easier T1 entry for the entire grid, and I can't recall the last time we had a T1 incident .... and using a stretched grid decreases any warping when using the hi res 69 cars

occasionally we use a reversed grid .... this makes it a bit harder for the faster guys to get to the front and it allows everyone to be involved in the race .... the slower guys get to dice with the faster guys, which is more fun than being left in the dust to drive a lonely race .... and fun, challenging racing that involves everyone is what NAGPL is all about

but thanks for your helpful thoughts on telling us to qualify better  :hmm:

#8 ACHIM KRAFT

ACHIM KRAFT

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 642 posts

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hi all !

I am at home now and search for the original zip with the bigger green flag for the starter. Unlucky my archiv is on 3 or more pc and searching during very long without quick results.

So i make an other (alternative) plan: I copy my "objs"-folder with the bigger green flag in it. All based on the "FLAG4" file from Keeper (see post above to have a look), downloading years ago from RSC. The relevant files can you find in my zipped "objs"-folder. Use it complete (please make a backup from your folder before, i fiddle on skidmarks and pitboard and fonts too) or in the relevant parts. With WINMIP or other programms you can find out what *.srb-files you need. All credits goes to to unknown author.

Greetings

Achim

P.S.: I post a pic from the bigger green flag to see what you get.  :shock:

P.P.S.: Please don't kill me for uploading parts of the original-sim.  :oops:

Attached Files

#9 Bob

Bob

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 12:26 PM

Achim  :clap:  that is exactly what I had before and exactly what we were looking for .... thanks for taking time to search and post  :thankyou:

I guess not everyone was aware of it's existence   :rolleyes:

#10 ACHIM KRAFT

ACHIM KRAFT

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 642 posts

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hi Bob !

No problem to search a bit. I read the posts and i am sure, i had it allready installed on my hd. So in the end i am glad i can help you out.  :)

Greeting

Achim

#11 rachet1

rachet1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Interests:racing sims(gpl,gt3,gt4,colin mcrae rally3,wrc, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4), reading, astronomy

Posted Sep 21 2007 - 05:13 PM

Thanks Achim!!  :clap2:  
Glad you were able to figure out what we were looking for!!!
:up:

Rich :cheers:

WORKS PERFECT!!!!!
Tried out in an ai race & in oAo race this morning. Started from mid grid in oAo race & back of grid in ai race & the start flag is much easier to see!
Thank you again Achim!!!

Edited by rachet1, Sep 22 2007 - 11:22 AM.

#12 OneLapDown

OneLapDown

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, motor racing, astronomy

Posted Oct 01 2013 - 04:37 PM

View Postdangermouse, on Sep 20 2007 - 05:01 PM, said:

I believe you want Keeper's flag4

Attachment attachment

This is what they look like:

Attachment attachmentAttachment attachmentAttached File  waveani.gif   30.85K   76 downloadsent]Attachment attachment

:wave:

Haha I've been looking all over for this, been getting fed up being confused by the white marshals' overalls! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links