• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 rachet1

rachet1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:racing sims(gpl,gt3,gt4,colin mcrae rally3,wrc, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4), reading, astronomy
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 13 2007 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for the new track Sergio!!!!! :newtrk:
You & your team always do wonderful work! :bowing:  :bravo:
Hope to see you on track soon!
obw: did I see the 67 sports cars in those track shots????? :eye:

Rich(Rachet1) :drive:

#17 buzz

buzz

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted Apr 13 2007 - 09:12 AM

Beautiful track Sergio  :thumbup:
To be honest, my initial reaction was more of " :shock: @#$%! Did they really race on this?" followed by the aforementioned "beautiful track" reaction.
Great work! I am rapidly running out of HD space.  :P

#18 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Apr 13 2007 - 09:24 AM

OUT

BLOODY

RAGE

US!!!

What a remarkable circuit!?!?!  Just OUT THERE!!!

The quality of the presentation is simply gorgeous, Sergio.  Take yet another bow, amigo!  :)

#19 Fast Tommi

Fast Tommi

...creature of the night ;-)

• 999 posts
  • Interests:GPL, of course!!!
    Music.
    My 76 Beetle convertible

Posted Apr 13 2007 - 09:29 AM

:bounce016:
thanks sergio!!!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
cant wait to :drive1:  

tommi :bat:

#20 Rock

Rock

speed metal messiah

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted Apr 13 2007 - 07:09 PM

thanks Sergio.  great looking track. it's a lot of fun to drive as well. :3gears:

#21 Ahvenistofan

Ahvenistofan

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Apr 15 2007 - 01:55 AM

View PostRock, on Apr 13 2007, 07:09 PM, said:

thanks Sergio.  great looking track. it's a lot of fun to drive as well. :3gears:

Good afternoon everybody. My name is Petri and i am a very big fan of Ahvenisto race circuit. You can find my pages here:

Ahvenisto fan pages

Thank you very much for doing this. But i think there are few problems. First of all, you really can't feel the real altitude of the track. First hill after the pit lane is much much higher than it is in the game. Look this picture:

http://ahvenistonfan...5/PICT0344.html

You should also look at this video:

http://ahvenistonfan...0_1996_2osa.wmv

Thats where you can see the hole track. Ahvenisto has been many many times a Rallycross circuit too. In the 80's every year we did have european rallycross championship race in there. And at least 20 000 spectators. Look at this video from the 1989 ERC round:

http://ahvenistonfan...oss_EM_1989.wmv

I think my most interest is rallycross. But i also like of course track racing too. If you have any questions about the track, then ask me. I can sure try to answer you.

#22 sergioloro

sergioloro

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 293 posts

Posted Apr 15 2007 - 11:28 AM

View PostAhvenistofan, on Apr 15 2007, 07:55 AM, said:

Thank you very much for doing this. But i think there are few problems. First of all, you really can't feel the real altitude of the track. First hill after the pit lane is much much higher than it is in the game. Look this picture:

the tracks altitudes was made by jussi kaskia, he spent many hours try to do it accurate as possible, you have to consider build a track is a hard task and sometimes is difficult to get the right feeling, even with correct data avaliable.
i think jussi provide us a great track, maybe not 100% perfect but i think represent the right feeling of track :), i just put the trees/people around it but hard work was made by jussi.
thats all  :yeah:

#23 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 15 2007 - 12:06 PM

View PostAhvenistofan, on Apr 15 2007, 08:55 AM, said:

http://ahvenistonfan...5/PICT0344.html
Hiya Petri,

:welcome8: to the SRMZ and GPL

:errrr:  I think you are are being rather harsh on the track builders rather than the inadequacies of a sim. I can tell you that this track has been in the building stage since 2003 and altitudes were researched and made in the track and Sergio confirms this above.

The problem you're encountering is that it's a sim. Try other tracks and you will notice that this does happen ie: Brands67 (Paddock Hill bend) and the altitudes on that one are correct too. (Apart from that I think GPL is great) Hope you enjoy it.

:drive1:

#24 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)

Posted Apr 15 2007 - 03:22 PM

And a warm welkom from me to Petri.

About the problem you mentiond, I agree with Dangermouse and Sergio!
And I don't think its a problem!
The feeling I get running up the hill is moor then OK to me.
If my engine quit.s on top off the hill, I go down faster then I go Up :yeah:

But I can understand that you love the track, and that you wanted to tell us this  :thumbup:

And finally: why the hell do you not like GPL ;)

#25 Kanzo

Kanzo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted Apr 16 2007 - 12:35 AM

Sergio, some of my league mates would like to get rid of the grandstands as they are saying that those are not realistic and they think that the grandstands are also eating up their fps. I wonder if it´s possible to make them invisible or otherwise remove them?

Also, they preferred some textures that were in the beta version: the tyre walls (in stead of haybales), the rusty guardrails and the brake marker posts. Do you still have them somewhere in your h/d to offer as an alternative texture pack?

But all in all, people are very happy to be finally able to have this great track!   :thumbup:

#26 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted Apr 16 2007 - 01:51 AM

View PostKanzo, on Apr 16 2007, 07:35 AM, said:

Sergio, some of my league mates would like to get rid of the grandstands as they are saying that those are not realistic
What are they saying?  They're too .................. ?

Just curious after Petri's post not mentioning that but talking about altitudes, but says there are a few problems.

:wave:

#27 Dark - guest

Dark - guest
  • Guests

Posted Apr 16 2007 - 02:14 AM

Whether this track is realistic or not its a blast to drive, i ran my first laps yesterday and its a tricky place to drive fast, the cambers and undulations are fantastic.

A great track Segio and Jussi, many thanks  :thumbup:

#28 Kanzo

Kanzo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted Apr 16 2007 - 02:14 AM

The grandstands look great but they are wondering why the grandstands are in the pit area.  :rolleyes:

#29 Ahvenistofan

Ahvenistofan

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Apr 16 2007 - 06:28 AM

View PostPedro, on Apr 15 2007, 03:22 PM, said:

And a warm welkom from me to Petri.

But I can understand that you love the track, and that you wanted to tell us this  :thumbup:

And finally: why the hell do you not like GPL ;)

Thank you very much. Yes, i love the track. Thats the thing i really one to tell you. I've "watched" races there first time even when i was under a one year old. So i know the track pretty well.

But i have to say that you should really see the track in nature. Then you really would understood the altitude of the place.   :clap2:

I did not say that i dont like GPL. You certainly mean the question when i register myself?

#30 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted Apr 16 2007 - 08:54 AM

View PostKanzo, on Apr 16 2007, 09:14 AM, said:

The grandstands look great but they are wondering why the grandstands are in the pit area.  :rolleyes:
So they should be placed over ....................?

View PostAhvenistofan, on Apr 16 2007, 01:28 PM, said:

Thank you very much. Yes, i love the track. Thats the thing i really one to tell you. I've "watched" races there first time even when i was under a one year old. So i know the track pretty well.

But i have to say that you should really see the track in nature. Then you really would understood the altitude of the place.   :clap2:

I did not say that i dont like GPL. You certainly mean the question when i register myself?
Petri,

Have you raced the track in GPL then watched a replay? I think you'll then see the altitudes are there. Use the different views and look at the AI as well.

Have you tried other sims? I always find that it's the lack of feeling in my gut ("seat of the pants driving") that looses so much on a sim, but so far GPL is the best compromise.

@Sergio - what a blast, thanks!

:wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links